7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Beefing up d17 engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Beefing up d17 engine

Originally Posted by ExistEvolution
since we still need the back pressure in order for our cars to be efficient daily driving cars
You're still spouting this crap? Seriously... say it with me... SCAVENGING VELOCITY. Back pressure does not matter at all. Remove any idea of back pressure you have in your mind. A well designed aftermarket exhaust designed for maximum power will give you good gas mileage as well. It all depends on driving style. A turbo car can get great gas mileage too if you keep your foot off the floor.
Old 09-11-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

What ever happened to tuneable tips? I used to use them on my old VW's and seen them on some newer cars also. What happens if you put a tuneable tip (like a supertrapp) on a high flow exauast (header+cat)?
Old 09-11-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i remember seeing a nology tip with a gated door on the end (with holes) that would stay closed at low rpm and open up at hi rpm when the exhaust was moving fast enough to open it. not sure how well it works, and it was very ugly looking. the newer rsx type-s (or was it type-r?) had a chambered muffler design that had a similar concept of accounting for lo and hi rpm driving. i think there was a valve or something that opened up at higher rpm.
Old 09-12-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

This is actually what I was talking about...

You adjust the backpressure by adding/removing plates. I had one on my old dune buggy.