7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Keyless entry does not lock door, but unlocking works fine.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prasansk is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Keyless entry does not lock door, but unlocking works fine.

Hi,

I have a 2001 honda civic EX 4 dr, and my keyless entry (remote) won't lock the car. When I press the lock button, nothing happens, the lights don't flash and the doors won't lock. But, the unlock works fine, the door open and the lights blink.
Has anybody else seen this before anybody and has any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Prasan.
Old 04-20-2009
Registered!!

lightningslp77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Keyless entry does not lock door, but unlocking works fine.

Does your other keyless remote do the same thing?

Change your batteries to clear up any doubt first in the remote.
Old 04-20-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Agree with trying a fresh battery, Are all of the pin switches for the doors working o.k.?? (doors won't lock if it thinks one is open)
Old 04-20-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

your car might be thinking the front door is open, or the key is in the ingition. in either case, the lock function will not work. you may have a bad driver door switch, or a problem with the ignition switch.
Old 04-20-2009
Registered!!

prasansk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction. The problem was with the pin switch in the front passenger door, for some reason it was not being pushed in when the door was closed and the car understood this to mean the door was open. After playing around with it for a while, the pin is now working correctly and so is the locking.

Thanks again,
Prasan.
Old 11-21-2012
Registered!!

djhicks1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by prasansk
Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction. The problem was with the pin switch in the front passenger door, for some reason it was not being pushed in when the door was closed and the car understood this to mean the door was open. After playing around with it for a while, the pin is now working correctly and so is the locking.

Thanks again,
Prasan.
Prasansk, I have a 2000 Honda Civic with the same problem. My remote will unlock the doors just fine but the it won't do anything when I push the lock button. At first I thought I had a problem with my door lock actuator so I bought a new one and planned to have it installed. When I went to pick it up he informed that my actuator was just fine. Little did I know that you have to pull the door handle open in order to lock the doors with the door button. I thought that might fix my remote locking problem but it did not and I didn't think to mention to him either. What was it you did to the pin switch to make it start working again? I'm not the best at mechanic work that I'm unfamiliar with but I'll try it if it's not too hard. Can you explain what you did? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!