7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

short shifters?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DRTUNE is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: short shifters?????

When i added the neuspeed adapter i also cut the stock lever about 1.5 inches...
However, i am very interested in the Revo SS how much does it shorten the throw as well as the height?
Also, the adapter i used attached to the stock stick and did not seem to have any room for error by miss adjustment.
Old 05-02-2009
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by otbexige
Just get the Revo SS. I ordered on a Sunday at 2am from Truehonda.com and it was here by Thursday. I also got the Strut King Cable and Shifter bushings. The shifts are night and day compared to what it was before. The replacement of the whole shifter far outweighs the use of an adapter. Not only does the throw distance decrease, it's adjustable and it has a naturally lower position than any stock shift stick with an adapter.

Biggest con to the adapters, other than the fact that it doesn't lower the height of the stick, they cost nearly the same as the Revo SS and are not nearly as reliable or as easy to tune. What I mean by this is that you have to be very careful to install an adapter so that it is level in order to take advantage of it. If you install a few degrees to the front or back, some shifts will feel shorter whiles the opposites will feel longer. Just natures way.
the cheapest Revo SS i could find was $89+s/h. the cheapest adapter i could find was about $30. that's a considerable difference, especially if you're just looking for a quick and easy upgrade. also, most tall people prefer the stock shifter height (as previously stated) so the adapter can be a plus in that category.
Old 05-03-2009
Registered!!

arush-civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CivicEMII
I got the RSX 5 Speed BuddyClub SS
dose this fit on the d17a2 cause it said that its for the k series, i would really like to get this one cause it looks more reliable.
Old 05-03-2009
Registered!!

fiend is an unknown quantity at this point

after hearing everyone talk about the revo ss, i ordered one yesterday, bought a camber kit, new blue lug nuts and i figured ah what the hell, lets get the revo ss also. can't wait to put it on, im using a b&m ss right now but it only increased my shift by about 25%. im ready for the revo since it sits lower and increases the throw by 40%...can't wait!
Old 05-03-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DRTUNE
When i added the neuspeed adapter i also cut the stock lever about 1.5 inches...
However, i am very interested in the Revo SS how much does it shorten the throw as well as the height?
Also, the adapter i used attached to the stock stick and did not seem to have any room for error by miss adjustment.
when i read up on it a little yesterday before i ordered one, the description said it shortens the throws by 40% and sits 1.5in lower than stock
Old 05-03-2009
Registered!!

how easy is it to replace the shifter bushings and shifter cable bushings with the aluminum ones? it seems like with what everyone is saying about it, seems like a really good upgrade for real cheap
Old 05-03-2009
Registered!!

DRTUNE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fiend
when i read up on it a little yesterday before i ordered one, the description said it shortens the throws by 40% and sits 1.5in lower than stock
hmmm... cool... the neuspeed adapter says it shortens throws by about 30%... i wish i had known about the Revo SS before i bought my neuspeed.
Revo SS $95 shipped... neuspeed 89.99 + shipping...
Old 05-03-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fiend
how easy is it to replace the shifter bushings and shifter cable bushings with the aluminum ones? it seems like with what everyone is saying about it, seems like a really good upgrade for real cheap
It's real easy, I did it in about an hour or less. Just need to get your hands in there.
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
It's real easy, I did it in about an hour or less. Just need to get your hands in there.
word...thanks man
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

otbexige is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CoupedUp04
the cheapest Revo SS i could find was $89+s/h. the cheapest adapter i could find was about $30. that's a considerable difference, especially if you're just looking for a quick and easy upgrade. also, most tall people prefer the stock shifter height (as previously stated) so the adapter can be a plus in that category.
Apparently, you've never heard of Truehonda.com. I forgive you.

Secondly, you mentioned that you found the CHEAPEST ADAPTER. GO YOU!!. You basically are equating yourself with all the other idiots who think the cheaper the better. Have you ever heard the saying that "you get what you pay for" ? It kinda makes sense with cars and many other things we buy during our lives.

You want a Quick and Easy install, get the Revo. It's just as quick and arguably easier to install. As for the shifter height, great...you're really tall. Most of us realize that the shorter the throw, the quicker the shift. Also the shorter the length of the shift pillar, the shorter the throw.

Essentially what I'm saying is if you're going to do anything to your car, do it right the first time and do it the right way. Don't skimp on parts just because they are cheaper. Why bother? Do something and do it right the first time.
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

^he's right, just cause you find it for cheap doesn't mean its good, you can get "fully adjustable coilovers" off ebay starting at 40 bucks...would you use them seeing as how a decent setup starts at around $900?
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

krarnold is an unknown quantity at this point

I can second the coil overs. I chalk it up to being young and stupid. They were just springs with a coupling that adjust by "clamping" on to the shocks. Among many other things, thats when I began paying more and getting better quality. Having done that with everything I buy, I will never go the cheapest route again. But I do reccomend looking around for the cheapest price of whatever you want to buy. I just bought a complete Eibach kit for less than 500, brand new.
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

^glad to see you've come to your senses, lol, just kiddin man. but seriously though, you'd probably be better off cutting your stock springs than use those eaby coilovers
Old 05-04-2009
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by otbexige
Apparently, you've never heard of Truehonda.com. I forgive you.*

Secondly, you mentioned that you found the CHEAPEST ADAPTER. GO YOU!!. You basically are equating yourself with all the other idiots who think the cheaper the better. Have you ever heard the saying that "you get what you pay for" ? It kinda makes sense with cars and many other things we buy during our lives.**

You want a Quick and Easy install, get the Revo. It's just as quick and arguably easier to install. As for the shifter height, great...you're really tall. Most of us realize that the shorter the throw, the quicker the shift. Also the shorter the length of the shift pillar, the shorter the throw.***

Essentially what I'm saying is if you're going to do anything to your car, do it right the first time and do it the right way. Don't skimp on parts just because they are cheaper. Why bother? Do something and do it right the first time.****
*It doesn't seem like their deals are much greater than other places i've seen. I prefer to shop around as much as possible instead of trusting that one site has the best prices.
**Yes i've heard that you get what you pay for, but i don't believe it applies to a chunk of metal that has no movable parts. There are millions of other examples (car parts/accessories included) where that saying doesn't hold much water.
***lowering the height of the shifter would make it more difficult/uncomfortable for me to shift, thus defeating the purpose of modifying the throw. also, lowering the height by ~an inch would only decrease the throw by ~2-5%, which, IMO, is not worth the extra $50 and discomfort.
****given my personal circumstances, an adapter (cheaper and same height pillar) is essentially the right/best thing for me to do...

...but thanks for the help, i really do appreciate hearing all opinions!
Old 06-08-2009
Registered!!

Mr. Showtime is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jra04em2
i have the fadanza short shifter adapter and it made a big difference
I ordered a fidanza adapter from Titan Motorsports in Sept 08. It was going to be my first mod. By March 09 when they still didn't have it from the manufacturer, I cancelled my order.

I still want one, though.

Anyone else have one that could vouch??
Old 06-09-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Adapters can be had at www.strutking.com.
Old 06-09-2009
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

I''d rather go with strut king's SS adapter than the fidanza one
Old 04-27-2011
Banned

user 73802 is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to get a short shifter, but I am undecided in what to get.

What do you think about this megan racing short shifter on ebay??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Is it easy to install??
Old 05-14-2011
Banned

Update,
I bought the DC sports short shifter adapter, and it works great.
Also, it is very easy to install.
Old 07-04-2012
03 Civic EX

Brooks952 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is an old thread but I finally made the decision to order the Revo ss and new cable bushings, excited to have a tight shift again.
Old 07-04-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

I've had both dc adaptor and now revo SS with alu bushings. Revo is much better than dc
Old 07-08-2012
03 Civic EX

Brooks952 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to know, it's funny how when you're waiting for a part to show up, the mail couldn't move any slower.
Old 09-06-2012
Banned

I have the DC Sports Adapter, but I am wondering if I could have both, the revo SS and the DC sports adapter at the same time??

If someone has this set up please let me know.