7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2005 Civic Glass Paint and Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mn19.89z is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 Civic Glass Paint and Speakers

Hello

I am posting this on several forums; you may see this other places.

I have a 2005 Civic, 2 door, 200k miles.

Two years ago, I replaced the windshield with a crack, within 6 months the
windshield leaked and started to rust the top of the roof, last month, I went back to the auto glass installer and they agreed to replace the glass and have a local body shop fix the rust the repaint the top of the car.

So, I take the car to the auto body shop, the glass shop comes down and removes the old windshield, the rust is fixed, care painted, glass shop puts in a new windshield.

After two weeks, I picked up the car, new glass, repainted, perfect, no charge.

Problem – All Radio Speakers do not work now, body shop and glass shop said “I did not do it”

- The radio turns on (so, no battery reset code)

- The Red Alarm button comes (so, no battery reset code)

- Using the “scan” button, it stops at local stations, so, antenna is connected

I am thinking it is a master speaker connection in the back of the radio; does anyone have the steps to pull the radio out, or steps for the dash?

- If one speaker was disconnected, would all 4 speakers go out? Closed Loop?

- Separate Speaker Fuse?

Anyone have any ideas?

Body Shop did say bring it back to have them look at it, I’d rather fix myself.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NissanNismoZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2005 Civic Glass Paint and Speakers

Since it is much much easier to pull the radio, rather than the dash, you can remove the radio (im assuming the design is the same for the 2001 sedan, as it is the 2005 coupe)
The lower part, where the power outlet/cig lighter is pops out. You can use a flat head to remove it.
Then, just at the top (in the hole you just created by removing the power outlet area) are two 8mm bolts holding the whole fan control/radio cluster.
Remove the two bolts and gently, to prevent any damage, pry on all sides of the entire radio/fan control/vents cluster. It should pop out pretty easily.
You should be able to pull it out enough to check all your connections.
You could even try turning the key to ACC and listening for your speakers to kick in by wiggling the wires.
I don't know how they could have damaged the radio in that way, since they only repaired rust on the roof. But I could be wrong.
Try wiggling the wires around, and if it doesn't help, chances are it has nothing to do with your connections at the back of the radio.
You could pull the door panels and try checking the connections to at least the door speakers, maybe they somehow forgot to connect them..but again, they shouldn't even be in that area.
My guess is, something may have happened to the internal amp in the radio and it just went out all on it's own.
If you could, maybe borrow a friends radio, or if you have a spare, hook it up and try it. That'll tell a lot. Hope this helps!