7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

oxygen sensor or spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012
2002 Civic LX-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PeterLazro is an unknown quantity at this point
oxygen sensor or spark plugs

Hi guys, I have searched through the forums and found a lot of answers to my questions. I just wanted to clarify a few things because i got various answers.

Everytime i put in a bottle of STP fuel injector cleaner or put in 94 Gas my throttle response is amazing. When i put in regular gas the gar doesn't move at all specially when the A/C is on. The car is a 2002 honda civic lx 1.7L. it has about 200K KM on it. The spark plugs were done at 160 with NGK G power. I know they are up to be done again which i plan to do this weekend. I also read about changing the o2 sensor for better performance. I read that the Bosch 13532 is the correct o2 sensor for primary/upper and 13534 is for the lower(secondary)

are these the correct part number? I also read we should only be using DENSO or NGK which another poster recommended. Im a bit confused on which one will work with our cars the best. I know our cars are finicky. I looked on autopartsway Canada and they were going for about 50-80 dollars for the primary.

will changing the primary o2 sensor give me better throttle response or will it be the same? it is the stock o2 sensor for both prim and sec.

thanks guys
Old 06-22-2012
Registered!!

palsana is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: oxygen sensor or spark plugs

The spark plugs should be Ngk and Oxygen sensors should be Denso (direct fit).
I put in Bosch sensors and had to take it out. (secondary sensor was Bosch) did not work well. i have 03 civic ex
When i put in regular gas the gar doesn't move at all specially when the A/C is on. The car is a 2002 honda civic lx 1.7L.
I put in regular gas and not stp fuel injector but chevron techron and even if the A/c is on, my car still runs welll, however, you can feel an extra extra load when accelerating.
Old 06-22-2012
2002 Civic LX-G

Perfect thanks. Ill pick up the Denso O2 sensor. Ill change the plugs first and see how that works. The acceleration is much much worse than after i got my spark plugs changed. I think G power only last about 30-40K right. Ill swap them this weekend I already got V power copper ones. Ill just swap them every year since its really easy to change them on the civic.

Do you know the direct model number for the Denso primary o2 sensor? There are a few upstream ones coming up with varied pricing. what is the difference between them?

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/200...en_sensor.html

Last edited by PeterLazro; 06-22-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i wouldn't order it online get it from a localparts store.
Old 06-23-2012
2002 Civic LX-G

I just got off the phone with honda and they wanted $249 and i called partsouce (canada) and they wanted $149 for a NTK primary o2 sensor. are they quoting me for the right part? i heard in the states they are 70-90 dollars!

I know the 2004-05s use wideband sensors. Do you think they could be quoting me on one of those?

would this one work?

http://www.autopartsway.ca/PartDetai...:OXYGEN_SENSOR
Old 06-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yeah thats a little high i paid 100 dollars for my denso primary at advanced auto and that was a wideband for my 04. they quoted 250 for the NTK . look for the denso sensor it will be cheaper.
Old 06-24-2012
Registered!!

I recently got Denso downstream oxygen sensor from advanced auto for my 03 civic for $36 after discounts. It was a direct fit
Old 06-25-2012
2002 Civic LX-G

**update**

I swapped out my plugs which were far over due for NGK V-power copper ones and my car runs much smoother now. When i'm at a red light my car doesn't shake at all. feels like its not even on. Also i can actually accelerate! Before i used to push on the gas pedal and there wouldn't be any response. Lets see if my MPG improves if not ill go swap the o2 sensor.

Thanks for all your help guys.
Old 06-25-2012
Registered!!

i am also changing my spark plugs to NGK iridium spark plugs.
lets see how it goes