7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Battery light flicking..

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mc670 is an unknown quantity at this point
Battery light flicking..

A few weeks ago when i was on the way home on the highway i noticed my battery light flickering for about 5 or 10 mins.. and it went away. thought it was weird but nothing else happened so i kept driving. The next morning before work i started the car to let it warm up and the light flicked again for a few mins, then went away..

The car was cranking over a bit slowly, so last week i replaced the battery which made the start a lot easier, but again today the light started flicking when i first started the car. Everything operates as it should, the car has yet to not start on me.. could this be my alternator starting crap out on me? or some other issue.

Btw my car is a Canadian 2005 civic special edition (essentially a dx) i have the gauge cluster re-pinned and swapped out to the lx/canadian si style gauges. if that makes a difference.
Old 02-10-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Battery light flicking..

yeah usually the start of a bad alternator (or at least one that is not putting out close to the max 70 amps). eventually the new battery will go bad as well since there is not enough power to run the car and charge the battery. or if the alternator fails, battery will die in one trip and you will be stranded.
Old 02-10-2011
Registered!!

mc670 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be checking out a new alternator too soon i guess, is there any better one you can get or are they all relatively the same..? also, could this also be related to my tach needle sticking too every now and then by any chance?
Old 02-10-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its all the same thing. its possible the gauges arent working right due to low lower.
Old 02-11-2011
Registered!!

MoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura aboutMoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura aboutMoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura about

I had the same exact problems. You need a new alternator.