8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Lost the only key I have...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mkiikme is an unknown quantity at this point
Lost the only key I have...

Hi All,

I just lost the metal part of my '07 civic si key. The plastic part of my key with the lock unlock and truck button i still have, but the key itself fell out... i guess i should've crazyglued or something in advance but yeah...

do i need to go through the honda dealership in getting a new key? any idea the procedure and cost of this? any help is greatly appreciated! thanks.
Old 04-06-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lost the only key I have...

Dealer, yes, and cost can vary greatly.
MAYBE a super well equipped locksmith --- but there are none in my town, the dealer is the only place...
Some phone calls would seem to be in order.

An option MIGHT be to have the dealer cut a cheap wallet blank (bare metal with no immobilizer chip) and use that to turn the ignition while holding your fob (that still has its immobilizer chip) next to it up to the antenna in the column, hold them together as if they were a complete key.

Then drive the car to the dealer and have a couple of real keys cut and programmed for the car.

At least this method can save you a tow truck fee, if your dealer has the cheap blanks.

Or, you know, have it towed to the dealer and just whip out your credit card when it's over.
Old 04-07-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Good news =.... still have immobilizer intact.

Maybe you can get a blank key metal cut then move it to your fob.
Old 04-07-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CraigW
Maybe you can get a blank key metal cut then move it to your fob.
I saw this earlier and thought I'd get a pic of the plain sidewinder blank we have, but I forgot.

It won't fit in the plastic fob shell.

It's kinda sorta like one of these, only with a larger hole in the head area.
http://www.lockbargains.com/locks_an.../category/194/
Old 04-08-2014

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Yep, looked at the diagram again, the one to hold the remote is at $50 but I would think they could swap there remote/immobilizer into that case (as long as immobilizer was part of remote, and not in key)

I would LOVE to get one of those flat blanks you posted so I could put it on my 2nd set of keys and retire my valet key. May have to do some searching.
Old 04-09-2014

Called the parts dept, he said they had some blanks without a plastic cover on hand. Going to have them make one so I can use it on my doors, AND trunk.