8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Looking for custom/performance parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xBlackened Skyx is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for custom/performance parts

I want to know if anyone has got anything done to their cvic performancewise
I have tinted windows subs xenon lights and a magnaflow muffler
If anyone is into body kits or anything put in the engine let me know
Old 06-28-2006
Registered!!

phantom-civic is an unknown quantity at this point
i've dropped her (1"), rims, tires, tinted. I was going to get a intake and xenons this week but thanks to the huge f*cking branch that took out my rear window its in the shop for the wrong reasons. i was also going to get an exhaust from magnaflow, but when i checked the website they said the cat for 06 wasn't released yet? do u have universal set up or did u get ur hands on the 06 system already..cuz i would really like it

there really aren't alot of model specific parts out for her yet, but i'm sure by the end of the summer we'll see tons, i'm personally waiting for a nice turbo and then i'm done
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

I got my pipes changed to 2 1/4 in and its universal
I cant find a brand cold air intake for my car yet
I dont know if I should drop mine or put a body kit on
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

i dropped mine about an inch and she looked fine w/o a body kit. It's really about the look your going for, i really didn't like any of the kits out there for the 06's right now. the roads around me are pretty ****ty too so i didn't want to wreck a kit, but from what i gather the 06 (at least the coupe) is already pretty low stock, so i would think if u want to protect ur car either drop it OR put a kit on it, putting both would make me nervous for an everyday driver. You might also want to consider rims, i know they are more money than springs, but if you add rims it almost gives the illusion of being dropped in a tuner car. As far as intake i know they are out www.procivic.com has parts and that's where i got mine (AEM)

a side not whats the temp of ur xenons? i was looking for as close to factory xenons as possible (like bimmer or benz) so i was thinking about 6k, i think 8k might be too blue for me. got any pics?
Old 07-03-2006
WLH
Registered!!

WLH is an unknown quantity at this point
What springs did you use phantom-civic? I want to upgrade my suspension to something stiffer but do not want to lower it much at all. The stock height is almost perfect in my opinion. I have 17" tires with 225/45 rubber on them. On aggressive corners I occasionally rub the inner fender if I hit a dip in the road. Doesn;t happen much but I think going to a sport shock would solve this. My Honda dealer offers a factory suspension upgrade that he says lowers the front about 0.5" but I am unsure on the specs these springs and shocks. He doesn;t know who makes them since they are offered through Honda and come painted black. I know eibach offers springs but I am really hesitant to lower my car more then 1".
Also, how do you liek the intake? I am ordering mine tomorrow in the powdered silver. Was thinking of trying the intake offered by Fujita but local dealers can not get it for me. They provided a dyno sheet on there website so I was more inclined to order that one. AEM should be the same I suppose.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

i put an eibach pro-kit on it and looks really low, the ride is alittle rough so i was going to get some shocks later. i was also looking into H&R springs before i got those, the h&r kits drop around .75 in. might be what your looking for. I haven't had the intake installed yet b/c of the branch going through the rear window problem, but when she comes back it'll go in along with my magnaflow cat, which should be amazing my first choice for the intakes was injen just cuz i heard nothing but great things about them, but they didn't have an app for the 06 yet so i went with AEM cuz they were the only other company i had really heard of. AEM's dyno sheets say a max gain of around 8hp with the c.a.i. but i'm hoping with the cat it'll be round 15-20hp. (lol) As far as dealer suspension they're great for not voiding any kinds of warranty's but i don't really know about them. I have 17's on mine too, but lower profile tire i think, and i don't have rubbing problems (at least i don't think) but i have a coupe might be different, cuz i know the Si comes stock 17's and can get a 18" package too. I'll try and get some pics up when i get my car back and get organized....
Old 07-04-2006
Registered!!

I keep noticing more and more that parts on my car come off easily like the civic emblem on the trunk. Some old guy wanted to race for for pinks tonight in his BMW. He was drunk so I said no thanks. I made the mistake of getting manual. I hope if i get an aem intake that it will fit cuz the fujita intake says manual only for 06 coupe. I am not sure of the difference. I have been looking at rims for my car and im pretty sure I dont want chrome. I might stick with some racing rims but now sure what company to go though. I am gonna get up to 17s and put in a k&n air filter this weekend. I hope to put nitrous in my car one day but not sure how much or what all I will go though to even have it installed and not messing with my engine. My car is not that loud. With a magnaflow muffler and 2 3/4 pipe running to it. Im gonna take some pics soon. when I find some nice rims and the right sizr low pros for my coupe.
Old 07-04-2006
Registered!!

05blkrs is an unknown quantity at this point
p225/45 r 17... if you want GOOD rims, look into 5 ziegen.. they're by far the best out there.. no questions asked..
Old 07-04-2006
WLH
Registered!!

WLH is an unknown quantity at this point
Was just at my local speed shop (Mopac) to order an AEM intake. As I was standing there they recieved a shipment of catalogs. Right on the top was the new Magnaflow catalog. So I took a look to see if they had a 2006 Civic Sedan/coupe system listed. They did! I think it is part #16687 but that is just form my memory. The parts guy and I flipped to the diagrams to see what it all included but there was no diagram available for that system. He is going to phone tomorrow and get me a price and tell me what it includes.
Old 07-08-2006
Registered!!

pico is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 05blkrs
p225/45 r 17... if you want GOOD rims, look into 5 ziegen.. they're by far the best out there.. no questions asked..
Why do you think that is? I have always been a fan of OZ and MOMO but now there are so many brands. What makes 5 ziegen better?
Old 07-08-2006
Registered!!

05blkrs is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, naturally, what i stated was an oppinion... oz wheels are getting ch3eaper and cheaper... and i dont just mean the price... i would say the top 4 wheel brands as far as i'm concerned, would probably be 5ziegen, racing hart, and momo , and then, these are subaru specific, but prodrive... 5ziegen wheels are forged high quality wheels.. not only are they very light, they look great, but i've seen 5ziegen wheels go through some accidents that would have easly shattered most other wheels.. now the 5ziegen wheel was trashed after that, but it sure didn't shatter.. i will post pics if ppl ask me to... i have a set of 5ziegen wheels and a set of prodrive wheels, wich would also be a good reason for me to say they are my fav...
Old 07-08-2006
Registered!!

Shishpanik is an unknown quantity at this point
Even though they're played out, I love KONIGS. I only have a fujita intake that I have yet to put on because the dealership stripped my bolts on my throttle body. I need to get them to replace them.