General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

keyless entry installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackodium is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation keyless entry installation

i bought a universal keyless entry system off ebay the layout for installing is connect to this wire and so on. i have a haynes manual that i can use the wire diagram as reference but dont know where the wires start. is the factory keyless entry install with the factory radio?
Old 11-26-2007
Registered!!

Re: keyless entry installation

i have a 98 civic lx
Old 11-26-2007
Registered!!

is there a place where i can see pics of the wires ex, driver side lock/unlock, passenger etc.
Old 11-26-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

I might be able to help you out with the wiring, which wires specifically are you looking for?
Old 11-26-2007
Registered!!

this is what i have to connect to
white - lock output
yellow - ground
orange/blk - not used
wht/blk - unlock output
yellow/blk - ground
Old 11-26-2007
Registered!!

i have the haynes book but i dont know where the wires are. or which to connect to.
Old 11-26-2007
Registered!!

TIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond repute

1998 Honda Civic Security Information

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/1051.html

1998 Honda Civic Cruise Control Information

1998 Honda Civic Stereo Information

Old 11-26-2007
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TIPPMANN
1998 Honda Civic Security Information

1998 Honda Civic Cruise Control Information

1998 Honda Civic Stereo Information

WOW!!! You are quite helpful for being a newb. Good post newb.
Old 11-27-2007
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

just read his sig lol
Old 11-27-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

tippmann gives newbs a bad rep, GTFO n00b. your kind is not welcome here.
Old 11-27-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

if you have power door locks it shouldnt be too hard. Just take off the door panel, unhook the power door locks and each one if u have a 2dr should have 3 wires. One will be black of have a black stripe. This one is the ground. The other 2 one will be lock and one will be unlock. Use trial and error to figure it out. Hope this helps. Its wut i'd do.
Old 11-27-2007
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by metalviper
just read his sig lol
I am observant and I can read. I was just playing around by giving the newb a hard time.
Old 11-27-2007
Registered!!

ok i got it working now what do i connect to to get the horn and lights to work
Old 11-27-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
I am observant and I can read. I was just playing around by giving the newb a hard time.
hes not a noob lol
Old 11-30-2007
Registered!!

TIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond repute

I love how this thread was jack on my part.
Thanks guys.
Old 11-30-2007
Registered!!

The horn uses the neg to complete the circuite, while the alarm uses a pos. You will have to wire up a relay for this.

The lights, I would also wire up a relay then attach it to the fuse box, there should be some spades that have nothing attached. One of those will be hot when the light are on. Now just hook the relay out put to the pin. That easy.
Old 11-30-2007
Registered!!

Or you can just click on the link I provided earlier and read.

Head Lamp Red/White left. Red/Blue right at Steering Column
Horn Wire Blue/Green (-) Steering Column or Green Connector behind Radio
Old 12-02-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
hes not a noob lol
Dude. Give me some credit. I know he's not a newb and, I think, he knows I know he isn't a newb. Just screwing with the guy.
Old 12-02-2007
Registered!!

Hey helmet, I know you know that I know that you know what you did last summer. Lets just keep it at that.

Screw you guys I am no noob, some people like to rice out their car and they don't think it is rice. Not every one wants to be JDM. I am tired of driving my car around and people laughing at my spinner hubcaps and cherry bomb exhaust. Why cant people just leave my "I love Britney" windshield banner out of conversation. Why cant people understand that my 100lb park bench on the back of the car actually makes the car faster, I mean I drive down hill all the time so the weight pushes me faster. I don't care if it causes my brakes to melt and fail, I have the lifetime warranty from autozone on the pads. So please stop pointing at my purple tint when I do my after race drive by at 90. I KNOW IN THE END YOU BASTARDS ARE JUST JEALOUS!
Old 12-02-2007
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light

and back on track...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civic horn.jpg
Views:	4802
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	73222   Click image for larger version

Name:	civic lights.jpg
Views:	1225
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	73223