General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

How many members w/ stripped interior?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polo2k4 will become famous soon enough
How many members w/ stripped interior?

I was wondering how many people here have the interior of their vics stripped. I was wondering because I wanted to know if there was any pros or cons on doing so(besides the fact that you get no more back seats lol) Id like to do the same because my car will be going into a major trasformation over the next winter and i want to get into auto-x also. Post pics if possible?
Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
Re: How many members w/ stripped interior?

i was thinking about it but im thinking its pretty pointless unless your car will be a track car. i guess the only other downside is that the ride is a lot louder. the panels really help in deadening road noise and interior noise. my homie stripped out his eks interior and the sound deadening material. when we talk in his car it like echos through the entire car. lol.. it also grabs a lot of uneeded attention toward your car.
Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

enjoitofer is an unknown quantity at this point

i have nothing in my trunk what so ever. not even the carpet
Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

I used to have the trunk stripped, except for my battery, but I recently put carpet back in and just cut a spot out of the fiber board stuff for my battery to stick up through. Like someone said above me, there really isn't any point to strip your interior unless your car is strictly a track car, otherwise it just becomes a HUGE nuisance.
Old 05-29-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ Yup. We're talking minimal weight savings here. In a daily driver, there's no real point unless you want to look Fast and Furious. Panels and carpet may save you 30 pounds tops, the rear seats (top and bottom) are maybe 20 pounds on a rainy day. The passenger seat is 30-35 tops. Not a whole lot and my estimates are a bit on the high side. Every ounce counts in a full race car, not so much in a street-driven fun machine.
Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough

yeah all i did was strip my trunk....so no tire or anything had to put some silicone on the holes relocated battery to trunk so thats the only thing in there
Old 05-29-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

wat does stripping ur trunk do.
Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by D17sRuNtunable
wat does stripping ur trunk do.
absolutely nothing. maybe some people meant they took their spare and jack out, and called that stripping.
Old 05-29-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

OKay, so first off... I've taken out a lot of my panels, my seats, ect, for various projects to make it easier to work.. I'd say your estimates are a few pounds on the low side. Think about it.. rip the seats rear + passanger, the panels, the pillars, head liner, visors, handles, hooks, etc, rear panels, and rear deck... while also taking out your spare, jack, carpet, fiber board, whatever else you wanna rip out like that light in the back, lol... I mean this **** does add weight, no question. add it up and your going to save a lot of weight. It will feel a lot faster for sure, but also will be a LITTLE faster as well. What was it, every 100 lbs is a tenth of a second of your quarter mile, or something like that.. it adds up.

tire, jack, fiber board, carpet + lining, sound deading material--- that spare weights a lot, and you'd probably save a few lbs on the rest of that crap.
Old 05-29-2007
You bought a used dog??

def01tones will become famous soon enough

i currently have alot of stuff out, rear seats, rear panels, carpet, center consol, pasenger seat, and the panels under the door. i only took them out cuz i wanted to shampoo the carpet by hand. ive had all that out for bout month now and barely decided shampoo the thing. the car does feel alil faster but i didnt care about that. i saved alot of gas! $10 aweek at 3.50/gallon but i only drive the car to work and back with some errands here and there.
Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

Polo2k4 will become famous soon enough

Interesting..well I ask because ill be getting myself a jeep for everyday..trying to turn my car into a summer only car, and for track use later on. But yea..i know it doesnt make a huge diff, but once the b-pillar bar or the harness bar goes in it will be a bitch for anyone to get into the backseat anyway lol so i was thinking might as well remove it and some other stuff, anyway thanks guys !
Old 05-29-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

u should try stripping ur engine..will that make a difference?
Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

ive said it before, and ill say it again. you DO NOT need to modify your car for autox! Damn near all of autox is about driver skill. stripping a daily driver is the worst possible thing you can do. for one, i dont think its gonna be road legal, for 2 its gonna be loud as hell. yes its fun for about a day having a super loud dd, but think about what your gonna do next time you try to take a girl out on a date, and she has to sit on a bucket bc you dont have a passenger seat
Old 05-29-2007
This is Myspace

thats hot though....its like...having sex ina factory or something....lol did i just say that??
Old 05-29-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Meh. I weigh 205 pounds. I'd go on a diet, but it wouldn't help much because I like lifting heavy things and putting them back down again at the gym. I also have two big *** 12" kenwoods in the trunk. They're loud and sound really nice and the box is really heavy. I don't autox, or race folks, or even run a 1/4 mile (yet - once the turbo is in its game on at the 1/4 mile track!). Strip it if you want to, but its not my personal cup of tea.
Old 05-29-2007
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about

i have had my car for about 4 years now....and 3 years of it i was running stripped interior just becuase i was working on my audio stuff slowly.

pro- nuthing raddles, can only take 1 passenger, somewhat better gas milage

con- loud as ****, friends always hate on me cuz i can only take 1 passenger, looks kinda dirty, taking up garage space

yea so i dont think its worth it. unless u are a hardcore racer....plus its a civic how hardcore can u be right...it only has 115hp...why dont we just use it like it was intended to be used....A COMMUTER
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

brandonparsons is an unknown quantity at this point

I just stripped the whole back of my civic. The rear seats, seat belts, everything in the trunk all down to bare metal except for the plastic side walls and deck. I even took out some metal that was unnecessary after the seat belts were out. Then i cleaned it all . It dosnt seem to much faster but i notice a little bit.
Old 10-04-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

talk about a thread resurrection.

if u take out EVERYTHING in the rear (including the rear spare) u should shave about 120lbs in the rear.

and yes, it does make a big difference in handling and engine performance....especially when we only have about 120hp to work with.
Old 10-06-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

if it was 120pounds then i'd feel it. i'm only 155 and when my bro's in the car i can feel his weight (170).

if you pulled the a/c, pulled the wiper fluid, took out door panels and parts of fron dash you don't need, took out pasenger seat and mounting, took out front carpeting, took out roof liner, it'd be pretty light for free.

then you could paint the metal to make it look better.

then replace the battery with a half sized bike battery, get light weight rims, carbon hood, trunk, side panels, mirrors and doors. it'd be wicked light after that and i bett the 120hp would feel alot quicker.

then drop in a k20 with turbo and it'd crush all noobs, lol. but that's more of a drag car.
Old 10-06-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

if it was 120pounds then i'd feel it. i'm only 155 and when my bro's in the car i can feel his weight (170).

if you pulled the a/c, pulled the wiper fluid, took out door panels and parts of fron dash you don't need, took out pasenger seat and mounting, took out front carpeting, took out roof liner, it'd be pretty light for free.

then you could paint the metal to make it look better.

then replace the battery with a half sized bike battery, get light weight rims, carbon hood, trunk, side panels, mirrors and doors. it'd be wicked light after that and i bett the 120hp would feel alot quicker.

then drop in a k20 with turbo and it'd crush all noobs, lol. but that's more of a drag car.
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

wallydude03 will become famous soon enough

driving on an almost empty tank also helps
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

Turnaround is an unknown quantity at this point

you may find this article interesting: http://www.nerocam.com/SCC_TAP.asp