8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2007 Civic AC leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
2007 Civic AC leak

Trying to sell my neighbour's car, went to charge up the AC because it was totally empty. Immediately discovered that its leaking at the high side port. Changed the schrader valve because i could feel it leaking from there. Now it also feels like its leaking around the outside of the high pressure port? Anyone ever had this happen? Feels like its leaking just below the ridge where the gauge fitting would connect
Old 10-14-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2007 Civic AC leak

Put a cap on the fitting, make sure there's some pressure in the AC system.....then douse the outside of it with dishsoap and water, see if it makes bubbles
Old 10-16-2017

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Will do, how hard is it to change that line?
Old 10-16-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colin42
Will do, how hard is it to change that line?
Can you see both ends of it and put wrenches on both ends of it? (ALWAYS USE TWO WRENCHES or you will twist up the line you didn't want to move)

Use Fresh AC O rings (usually green, but not always)
Evacuate before charging
Old 10-16-2017

I'd have to pull the bumper to get at the condensor end, shouldn't be a problem, and the other end is very accessible. Line is part 5 in the diagram.
Thanks Ezone
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ac line.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	111707  
Old 10-16-2017

Sorry I didn't look for myself, I figured you could do it better......

the two wrench comment was for the connection closest to the service valve.....I kinda thought it might have another fitting like that right about where the pressure sensor is in the diagram.....but yea if it ends at the bottom of the condenser you'll have to pull the bumper skin off.

Beware of corrosion on the bolt for that fitting, that can cause more headaches depending on how bad it is.
Old 10-17-2017

yeah, I'm hoping that bolt hasn't totally disintegrated. What are your thoughts on the crimp on line repairs? My buddy just got certified in AC and he was talking about them the other night
Old 10-17-2017

What are your thoughts on
WHY? The correct parts are available and not expensive.

crimp on line repairs? My buddy just got certified in AC and
Exactly what type of AC did your buddy just get certified in?

That's something one might do in commercial/residential HVAC.
It can be done on MVAC but IMO it's not reliable enough to be a viable repair.
Old 10-17-2017

AC certification for cars, I guess something his tech school offers(or it's a Canada thing). He just got his license.
Figured that's what you'd say, guess I'll order that line.
Old 10-17-2017

Ezone once I recharge the system, what pressures should I be seeing? around 40 psi low and 160 psi high?
Thank you
Old 10-17-2017

Originally Posted by Colin42
Ezone once I recharge the system, what pressures should I be seeing? around 40 psi low and 160 psi high?
Thank you
There's no cut-and-dried answer to that.. Way too many variables to say single definite numbers.

Evacuate system properly.
Charge system by weight to the spec on the label.
Make sure it cools and see where pressures are at.
Old 10-17-2017

Fair enough, thank you