Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Engine Swaps (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/79-engine-swaps)
-   -   K20A2 swappers - what exhaust are you running? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/79-engine-swaps/247701-k20a2-swappers-what-exhaust-you-running.html)

aznboysrfr 02-17-2006 06:16 PM

interesting.

pardon my ignorance, but what is a J's racing ETD and comptech rd?

quick silver 02-17-2006 06:17 PM

A more competitive race for you guys would be against my wife's Civic...which is runnin pretty good right now.

quick silver 02-17-2006 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
interesting.

pardon my ignorance, but what is a J's racing ETD and comptech rd?

J's Racing Engine Torque Damper and Comptech Reinforced Diff. :tup:

The 4.56 FD is what you all should be concerned about though. ;)

aznboysrfr 02-17-2006 06:20 PM

ah, I see.

yes, I noticed the gearing.

haha you can race us in your s2k then race us in the civic ;P

quick silver 02-17-2006 06:21 PM

haha you can race us in your s2k then race us in the civic

You got that backwards...I'll race you in the Civic and then the S.

aznboysrfr 02-17-2006 06:24 PM

;P either way works.

hmm, don't you ever worry about dragnet down in SD???

well ... just let one of us know if you wanna come up ... I'm deathly afraid of dragnet ...

quick silver 02-17-2006 06:26 PM

hmm, don't you ever worry about dragnet down in SD???

well ... just let one of us know if you wanna come up ... I'm deathly afraid of dragnet ...

Not really. Do you have any good areas to race up your way?

My wife may be down to race her Civic...against all of us. She just needs a lil more practice. I told her this is all fun...not for money or anything...so no big deal if someone loses.

aznboysrfr 02-17-2006 06:29 PM

^ yeah agreed. I don't think either of us will beat the S2k... not with the final drive. Josh has trouble getting traction down low as well.

There are a couple good places to race ... there is this one fairly long strip ... it's a freeway on ramp ... except that it's completely straight and I'd say slightly more than 1/4 mile long ... an excellent place to race ... there's never any cops on it either, obviously. The only problem is that it is only 2-lane.

There's another good, fairly straight, sorta a freeway, except cops are very easy to spot on it... usually never any anyway. I think that one may be 3-lane ... I forgot haha.

so let one us know when you're down :tup:

quick silver 02-17-2006 06:31 PM

^ yeah agreed. I don't think either of us will beat the S2k... not with the final drive. Josh has trouble getting traction down low as well.

There are a couple good places to race ... there is this one fairly long strip ... it's a freeway on ramp ... except that it's completely straight and I'd say slightly more than 1/4 mile long ... an excellent place to race ... there's never any cops on it either, obviously. The only problem is that it is only 2-lane.

There's another good, fairly straight, sorta a freeway, except cops are very easy to spot on it... usually never any anyway. I think that one may be 3-lane ... I forgot haha.

so let one us know when you're down :tup:

Sounds good. Hopefully I get my S back by next weekend. If so we should be able to meet up in a few weeks or so.

quick silver 02-17-2006 06:31 PM

Please PM me your number...

aznboysrfr 02-17-2006 06:32 PM

few weeks? ... what's wrong with your S? ...

you're not secretly getting a supercharger for it, are you? ... ;P

1SikVik 02-17-2006 06:33 PM

lol....wishful thinking :hithead:

quick silver 02-17-2006 06:35 PM

Well...first off Hondata was doing a custom ECU tune on it...oh yeah...something else for you guys to worry about. :giggle:

But that isn't why I don't have my S back yet. Something went wrong with my new diff and it was returned to the manufacturer. It was returned to them and they rebuilt it. They are shipping it back on Monday and with any luck I will have my S back by next Saturday.

quick silver 02-17-2006 06:36 PM

BTW...I can't S/C or turbo my S yet. Have to wait until "they" figure out the DBW issues. Once resolved I will definitely be going FI. Full-Race Stage 3 baby baby!

aznboysrfr 02-17-2006 06:39 PM

ah, I see. well if you're gonna have hondata, then that puts me at an incredible disadvantage ... ;(

we don't have to race ... we already know who would win, right? ;P

quick silver 02-17-2006 06:40 PM

ah, I see. well if you're gonna have hondata, then that puts me at an incredible disadvantage ... ;(

we don't have to race ... we already know who would win, right? ;P

We can race for shits and giggles.

It will be more interesting against my S though. If my wife is up to it, she'll drive her Civic and I'll drive the S (being the camera man).

aznboysrfr 02-17-2006 06:44 PM

yeah ... I guess.

I'll guess I'll be the shit and you'll be the giggle T_T;;;

hmm... do you have a camera mount?? ... I've been wanting to take a vid of my tach + speedo when accelerating ... I tried before with someone else and it was horribly shaky... T_T;;;

quick silver 02-17-2006 06:46 PM

yeah ... I guess.

hmm... do you have a camera mount?? ... I've been wanting to take a vid of my tach + speedo when accelerating ... I tried before with someone else and it was horribly shaky... T_T;;;

I don't have a camera mount yet...but I can get one easy enough.

1SikVik 02-17-2006 07:05 PM

yeah ... I guess.

I can record it for ya.....I did it for my huzzie....and it wasn't bad.....so long as you don't go around any huge ass corners :o

aznboysrfr 02-17-2006 07:46 PM

^ ah, okay sweet. I hope you have steady hands ... like I said earlier, when the other guy recorded mine, the vid was shaking a LOT... -_-;;;

quick silver 02-17-2006 07:53 PM

You could run the Civic this weekend...:shrug:

1SikVik 02-17-2006 07:54 PM

^ ah, okay sweet. I hope you have steady hands ... like I said earlier, when the other guy recorded mine, the vid was shaking a LOT... -_-;;;

I do.....I am sure he has a vid of it......I basically planted myself in between the two front seats....one arm on the edge of the driver seat and one on the passenger......It wasn't really shaky....it turned out well....aside from when he had to jerk the wheel :tdown: Anyway, if you have a straight stretch to go on, you'll be good to go :tup:

aznboysrfr 02-17-2006 08:05 PM

quick: hmm ... I wouldn't mind running the civic this weekend ... but I think it's supposed to rain -_-;;;;; ... perhaps next weekend, if it doesn't rain? at least if josh and I run the civic one weekend and the S another, you guys don't have to drive both cars up at the same time ...

Actually, now that I think of it, I have monday off of work and it's not supposed to rain on Monday... I don't know your schedules though.

1sikvic: hmm yeah that sounds like a plan. I think I did see the vid, but it was quite a long while ago .. I don't remember it -_-;;;

yep, plenty of straight stretches around here ... only a few really safe ones though. :tup:

CivicMexicano 02-17-2006 08:59 PM

would a greddy TT exhasut for the Si work?

1SikVik 02-17-2006 09:04 PM

quick: hmm ... I wouldn't mind running the civic this weekend ... but I think it's supposed to rain -_-;;;;; ... perhaps next weekend, if it doesn't rain? at least if josh and I run the civic one weekend and the S another, you guys don't have to drive both cars up at the same time ...

Actually, now that I think of it, I have monday off of work and it's not supposed to rain on Monday... I don't know your schedules though.

1sikvic: hmm yeah that sounds like a plan. I think I did see the vid, but it was quite a long while ago .. I don't remember it -_-;;;

yep, plenty of straight stretches around here ... only a few really safe ones though. :tup:

Well, Quick has to work Mon-Fri.....so the weekends are pretty much the only time we will be able to race....Hopefully next weekend we will be picking up the S, which means we will be without the Civic for about 2 weeks...So, it's either the Civic this weekend, or both of them in a few weeks....:)

vietrice507 02-17-2006 10:03 PM

well my swap is not done yet but im planning to get dc race header to 2.5" pipe then an ebay carbonfiber muffler

aznboysrfr 02-17-2006 10:09 PM

the greddy evo tt MIGHT work if you have a header made for the EP3.

Just get the Greddy Evo TT for the Type S ... but again, you'd have to hack up the axleback.

quick silver 02-18-2006 09:10 AM

^ By the way, you, Josh or Temo should buy my wheels/tires...

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=245870

aznboysrfr 02-18-2006 12:21 PM

I've already got ssr's though ;P

quick silver 02-18-2006 12:57 PM

I've already got ssr's though ;P

How about another set for auto-x or drag racing? ;)