Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   All new look on my fiji blue em2...................... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/351664-all-new-look-my-fiji-blue-em2.html)

PearlVic 10-18-2012 01:38 AM

Re: Looks like the car is done for now...

True true lol, and i have these tiny dings on my car too, idek htf they got there, they were there when i got the car though... but since the front and most of the rear has been repainted both doors and the roof look terrible, but im apparently the only person who notices but instead of it looking really shiny like the rest of the car it looks semi faded but i dont have any clear pealing but when the sun isnt hitting it directly it looks perfectly fine, plus when the car is super dirty as it stay dirty with all this odd ass weather we have had here in north carolina lately... it doesnt help the look of the paint either.

btw do you have any idea if the 02-04 rsx factory struts and shocks are exactly like our factory ones? My car is lowering an inch now on eibach pro kit so until my struts blow im NOT spending all that money on new ones and since im getting ground controls and it can be adjusted Ill probably have it sitting about where the car sits now because my car even with 165k miles on the factory struts and shocks still rides GREAT lol
Point being is im getting some not blown rsx struts and shocks wih 2.25" lowering springs on them, got somebody that wants to buy the lowering springs when i get the struts, and i can just use the rsx suspension as back ups........................ I just hope that if I order ground control sleeves for my stock struts that they may actually also fit the factory rsx struts

krudmuphin 10-18-2012 04:26 PM

I have no idea about the RSX shocks, the only thing I'm aware of is that the RSX is heavier so it has a stiffer suspension setup.

And now that you reminded me, I also have spots where the clear coat is starting to chip away. The seams of the rear bumper and a small patch on the bottom of the bumper on the driver's side :/

94civicd16z6 10-18-2012 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by krudmuphin (Post 4621225)
Wow, what rotten luck :(

I've learned to just get used to my paint's imperfections, even though it bugs the hell outta me. I have little scratches everywhere, very obvious touch-up spots, and about 6 door dings of varying magnitude.

Be glad you don't own a damaged Mercedes or Ferrari or seomthing, lol

i wish my car were perfect though! :_disgust: my goal: brand new 'looking' ej1 :D

ding here, ding there, rust there, and there; not to mention fuc*in scratches everywhere! fml lol

PearlVic 10-18-2012 07:41 PM

Lol yeah I wish my car was perfect and something I have seriously noticed which is the ONLY thing i hate about fiji plue pearl...... it shows water spots REALLY bad no matter what i do i can never keep them off the car, i just get over it lol.
So Krud... instead of GC sleeves.. you needa let me buy your tiens from you hahaha

Kennykid2002 10-18-2012 09:31 PM

^
Wax the shit out of the car.
Water will just sheet/bead off, depending on which wax you get.

PearlVic 10-18-2012 10:26 PM

Yeah i waxed it alot the first like 4 months i had it lol i waxed in 3 times in 4 months... but lately ive just been so damn busy i cant find the time, and the water goes away ive been thinking of trying the clay bar on the doors and the roof because those are the only parts of the car that havent either been repainted to recleared but idk how good it will work, I just want the dang thing lowered lol
and i was highly surprised when i found out i could get a brand new never used rsx 21mm sway bar and 2 bushings for only $109, im trying to talk this kid that lives where i do into letting me buy his tein basics off him, he has em on his 04 rsx type s but hes about the put the car in storage because he is buidling a srt4 from the ground up... that rsx dont need to go in storage.... stage 3 everything the motor is fully built internally, hes got a turbo kit for it but he aint put it on his stupid tail just attached the intercooler to the front and threw the bumper back on............................................... too eager to build a dodge....

geraldbharris 10-18-2012 11:59 PM

there is a spray paint that can help you to rid off this little scratches on your car. And a buffer can also be used to plane the the surface of the effected area.

krudmuphin 10-19-2012 12:46 AM

The TEINs are suiting me quite well, thanks for the offer, lol :rofl:

I've only waxed my car once, shortly after buying it. But lately I haven't bought any wax and also don't have the time necessary to do it. And it's starting to get cold over here now :_disgust:

krudmuphin 10-19-2012 12:47 AM

I've only waxed my car once, shortly after buying it. But lately I haven't bought any wax and also don't have the time necessary to do it. And it's starting to get cold over here now :_disgust:
But I totally agree, Fiji Blue likes to show dirt and water spots...

PearlVic 10-19-2012 12:50 AM

i have had 8 ppl request my paint code since i got the car tho lol, i needa find somethin lol look at my post in the suspenion section LOL

lowlife9 10-19-2012 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by krudmuphin (Post 4621370)

But I totally agree, Fiji Blue likes to show dirt and water spots...

i wax my car once a month wash it every week i just waxed it today actually it was nice out around 65 i can wash and wax the entire car in about an hour and a half.

PearlVic 10-19-2012 01:41 AM

yeah my car gets washed one two twice every week just hard to find the extra time to wax it lol

PearlVic 11-21-2012 12:35 AM

Some recent pics, about to have the front end repainted again, really considering going with the 99-00 type r lip but i havent decided yet, and also considering different tails but these are so much brighter than stocks.. hmm dunno but enjoy
http://img.claspics.com/b3ww7sn/h9s2...jpg?1353479589
http://img.claspics.com/b3ww7sn/h9s2...jpg?1353479654
http://img.claspics.com/b3ww7sn/h9s2...jpg?1353479672
http://img.claspics.com/b3ww7sn/h9s2...jpg?1353479686

Kennykid2002 11-21-2012 03:28 PM

Sexy, looking good.

Loving the tilt shift effects.

krudmuphin 11-21-2012 04:02 PM

"tilt shift effects"? You mean Dutch angle? lol

I like the lip you have because it's uncommon to see, especially a painted one. And... if you had the Type R lip, it would look exactly like my car, and we can't have that happening now can we? :2pimp:

Kennykid2002 11-21-2012 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by krudmuphin (Post 4624696)
"tilt shift effects"? You mean Dutch angle? lol

Not the angle.

Tilt shift effect is an effect in photography where you try to perceive miniature, by blurring out the top and bottom. Like so.

http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/...crossroads.jpg

It gives a really cool effect for cars.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...02/car/EM2.jpg

PearlVic 11-22-2012 12:30 AM

Thanks guys, and ill prolly just keep the lip I have now lol, if you look you can see huge rock chips in the front bumper, and when front lip paint is cracking all off from hitting a ground hog, so my body man told me he felt bad for me and is going to repaint the grille, bumper, and lip for only $150 which if most of you know... a quart of fiji blue pearl paint is $146. And yes.. INSTAGRAM is good for car pictures lol, these were take with my iPhone 4 and instagram effects lol and this suspension rides better than i thought it would but my passenger side rear is rubbing my fender.. so 205/40 tires next go round instead of 215/45, tried getting 195/45s but they are just way out of my price range at the moment

PearlVic 11-22-2012 12:38 AM

Btw... PLEASE i need opinions before i go blowing more money... Thinking of ditching smoked headlights and fogs for completely clear headlights and fogs, and going back to stock tails BUT i don't want it to look stupid with me having completely black wheels.... Also considering putting my stock grille back in and having the bottom part of it repainted... feel like I can't have that "clean and fresh" look with these damned black wheels
Help? lol

krudmuphin 11-22-2012 12:41 AM

I'd say keep the lights as they are now and start looking for new wheel options. Something about solid black and blue doesn't look right to me. It's strange that I picked the wheels that I did, considering all my other options were silver or white...

Once you find the right wheels, it may change your opinion on the type of lights. Personally, I prefer the stock looking heads and fogs, but I like your tails, especially if you could find a way to darken them without completely smoking them black.

Kennykid2002 11-22-2012 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by PearlVic (Post 4624659)

I'm really not feelin your rims anymore after this pic though.
Just ogling over my rims, these look nothing like TE37's lol.

Originally Posted by PearlVic (Post 4624736)
Btw... PLEASE i need opinions before i go blowing more money... Thinking of ditching smoked headlights and fogs for completely clear headlights and fogs, and going back to stock tails BUT i don't want it to look stupid with me having completely black wheels.... Also considering putting my stock grille back in and having the bottom part of it repainted... feel like I can't have that "clean and fresh" look with these damned black wheels
Help? lol

Get crystal headlights, stock 04/05 tails, and dip your rims some crazy color.
https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php?cat=27
I suggest Blaze Orange ;) :rockon:

PearlVic 11-22-2012 12:50 AM

If you buy me the plastidip and send it to me I'll do whatever color you want ! lol and Ive got two guys where I live that want my taillights and they will trade even for mine.. bad thing is one pair have faded nightshade on it.. the others looked amazing.. til he COVERED them in nightshade.. fml, ima work it out cause my girlfriend and family will destroy me if i keep buying shit lol and honestly i wouldn't mind trading my wheels to somebody for some 16s lol , and youre the first person so far not to like these, their decent just hate the black now

Kennykid2002 11-22-2012 12:57 AM

Look around for more people that'll do a straight trade for good condition OEM tails; I'm sure there's plenty.

And I'm serious on the plastidip!
Some guy did gold metalizer on blaze orange on forums and looks pretty decent.
http://www.dipyourcar.com/forums/sho...Z-Ultraleggera
Well, it looks really nice on those rims, but idk how they'd look on yours.

And sorry, it's not like I don't like them.
I just love my rims, and think they're the best thing I've ever seen. LOL
/still ogling if you haven't noticed.

PearlVic 11-22-2012 01:01 AM

Yeah i do like your wheels alot, I just wish i wouldve thought of the look i want before i did all this shit to my car.. lol wasted money and time that i no longer have.. i plasti dipped a friend of mines wheels on his rsx-s hes got the Rota GTRs and they turned out pretty good, aye this website has gold metallic dip for my wheels, lol that sounds like it would look good....

Kennykid2002 11-22-2012 01:08 AM

It does look good, but the thing is, if you're putting it on black, you're going to put a lot of coats on.

I've been following this dipyourcar thing for a while, they really do impressive dips, and come out with really cool colors.
I'm planning to dip my entire car matte white; once they figure out the gallon system in California.

I did plan and research what I want to do before hand.
I try not to impulse buy lol.
I think I might get a can of gold metalizer to dip my fuse box and spark plug cover.

PearlVic 11-22-2012 01:12 AM

well they have a kit for it and it comes with like 6 cans, 2 of which are white plastidip and the other 4 are that gold, idk sounds good other than the fact that its gonna cost me like $75 after shipping just for damn paint.. and if i f**k up uhm.. yeah you know what i mean

Kennykid2002 11-22-2012 01:17 AM

If you screw up, you can always peel it off :P

But I hear ya, you could probably send em off for powdercoat for a little bit more.
Thing I like about plastidip, is that it's removable. You can change as many colors as you want, as often as you want.

PearlVic 11-22-2012 01:22 AM

True that, and the best powdercoating deal i can get round here is $80 per wheel.... and i was lookin at a silver metal color, with white base coat, and that prespray to get any dirt or tire shine off ( may actually help ), shipped for $70 and some change.. man i just dont know lol wanna buy a 3 inch catback? lol

Kennykid2002 11-22-2012 01:36 AM

Lol I'm good.
Looking into an axleback actually :P

PearlVic 11-22-2012 01:43 AM

Do what u gotta do lol, my 3" is scraping everything and Im not even low enough yet ;) lol quite lower than i was originally but i scrape EVERYWHERE lol and i just watched a video of the metal silver over top of 2 coats of black plastidip on a wheel.. looked good, and smooth, def considering it now lol
gotta make sure i get that spray trigger ;D

Kennykid2002 11-22-2012 01:56 AM

Lol, I'm perfectly at the stance I want.
Slightly less than 2 finger gap.

It's not so low I can't get up speed bumps and driveways, yet it's low enough to be noticeably dropped.