Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Just got into the car game with the Vic (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/347828-just-got-into-car-game-vic.html)

krudmuphin 04-13-2012 11:28 AM

Re: Just got into the car game with the Vic

I don't know if it's just the effect of forced perspective or 7th Gen Civics are actually much smaller than Focuses. That's a good sign. Small cars are so much better!

PearlVic 04-13-2012 12:28 PM

Lol its the perspective, his car is pretty small, his car Stock only weighs 6 more lbs than a stock 7th gen civic haha

krudmuphin 04-13-2012 12:36 PM

I was gonna say with a little work, your Civic can be just as fast! ...but then I remebered you have a D17. Don't worry buddy, we can suffer together, haha. :russian:

PearlVic 04-13-2012 01:14 PM

Mine looks better than his ;) lol, oh btw i ordered that 3" catback system yesterday haha, hopefully the 3 bolt flange will hook up to the catback... like its small and goes into bigger pipe

PearlVic 04-18-2012 10:33 PM

so i was told to buy these.............
http://www.carid.com/2001-honda-civi...ts-261899.html
but clearly my car is an 04 and im pretty well on with lights and all, our 04 taillights have 3 hold, put the light bulb in and go but those taillights have 3 plug ins plus a place to screw in the back up light, would these even work for my car?
i have 3 coats of actual PPG black car paint on my car plus 2 coats of PPG clear coat, around 125 dollars worth of paint on my taillights i had a friend of mine do at a body shop... and you cant see them during the day
so Help please?

krudmuphin 05-08-2012 02:08 PM

When you installed the lip, did you remove the thin rubber strip from the bumper? Or does the lip sit in front of that? To me it seems like the lip would stick out too much if it goes in front of the rubber trim.

I already asked TFMEX the same question, but his rubber piece had already broken off...

Muirsy 05-08-2012 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by PearlVic (Post 4597866)
so i was told to buy these.............
http://www.carid.com/2001-honda-civi...ts-261899.html
but clearly my car is an 04 and im pretty well on with lights and all, our 04 taillights have 3 hold, put the light bulb in and go but those taillights have 3 plug ins plus a place to screw in the back up light, would these even work for my car?
i have 3 coats of actual PPG black car paint on my car plus 2 coats of PPG clear coat, around 125 dollars worth of paint on my taillights i had a friend of mine do at a body shop... and you cant see them during the day
so Help please?

don't buy those taillights they are crap... get oem 04-05 taillights

PearlVic 05-10-2012 05:00 PM

Lol, im either going with the 04-05 black housing LED taillights, NOT the ones in the other post, or stock tails, its just my car is pretty much blacked out and idw to get a stock red taillight, and i just got pulled last night for what i have on there now, cop said if he catches me with any tint whatsoever on my taillights ever again im getting a huge ticket.. which it didnt help that i also have HIDs so i got in trouble for those too... luckily just a warning ticket.

PearlVic 05-10-2012 05:02 PM

oh sorry krud, no i had to take the rubber piece off but i pretty much lined it up with where the holes were off the original rubber piece and screwed it down there

krudmuphin 05-10-2012 11:17 PM

That sucks about the lights :( Here in Nebraska, cops love to see HIDs, hahaha :roflmao:

And thanks a bunch. I was probably going to remove the rubber piece anyways, but I just wanted to make sure. I'm probably also going to spray ArmorAll protectant on the lip to make it appear darker and shinier black. :tup:

PearlVic 05-11-2012 12:45 AM

NOOOO
go to lowes and buy a $5.97 can of black Plasti-Dip and spray that on there, MUCH better than armorall and black spray paint, i love that stuff lol

PearlVic 06-14-2012 07:06 PM

Well guys...... the honder is temporarily wrecked.........
BUT...
June 25th it goes to the shop, getting the whole hood, both front fenders, a new front bumper, all fresh paint, grille painted to match and leaving the mesh part black, and painting the front polyurethane lip to match. And.. i took out the black crystal headlights and the yellow fogs are coming out, bought all smoked lights for the front, kept my HIDs and im putting nokya 2500k bulbs in the fogs, cant WAIT she gone be hella fresh, got a fresh timing belt, water pump, valve cover gasket etc.. done so she gone be right
OH and ill have to post pics later of the exhaust... i cut the fart can muffler off, welded a 3" flange to it and got a piece of 3" pipe welded on to a 4" stainless rolled tip that turns out behind the rear tire, YES i know its STUPID but its different, sounds HELLA good, oh and the Flanges... i can take that tip and pipe off and put my fart can muffler back on to make it quiet again if i want :)
YES smart thinking
but pics up soon guys