Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   new to forum, my hatch (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/332016-new-forum-my-hatch.html)

lollygagger 09-21-2010 09:32 PM

Re: new to forum, my hatch

Troy huh? I go to RPI but live here in Poughkeepsie

Joe Hondaman 09-21-2010 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by MelJ (Post 4489892)
Out in the Troy/Albany area. You aren't too far, but I thought you were in the general area of where I was. Rockin' the steelies for winter too, eh? I've got a set of Blizzaks which rocked when we got hit last year. I strangely like steelies on my car for some reason even though everything is black.

Yeah you're not too far, and yeah - some days during ny winters really suck. Oddly enough, I love the look of steelies on my car for the reason that it's all black. I was actually just going to keep them on all year round when I got the car but everyone kept saying "you gotta get some black rims for it" so I did haha.

Kennykid2002 09-21-2010 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Hondaman (Post 4489890)
don't 7th gen ex's have a v-teched engine? my d16y7 is non-vtech and from what i've read its around 106 hp at stock with my short ram intake probably hits a wopping 110. I think the 7th gen ex is 127 hp. you're right though I have a few hundred less pounds than you so I could probably put up a decent fight!:)

Please, for the love of God, if ur gonna drive a civic, get it right :X
VTEC,
not v-tech, vtech

And even though we have 127 HP, its only 90 or so at the wheels :(
Well, at least it isnt a hybrid....those get like what? 50 at the wheels? LOL

Mad Dog Tannen 09-21-2010 11:58 PM

I like my v-tech lol

Kennykid2002 09-22-2010 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen (Post 4489914)
I like my v-tech lol

Since there is no good face palm emoticons on this forum....

Here is my hand....please run your head into it...please :3

Mad Dog Tannen 09-22-2010 12:12 AM

v-tech=Who cares? It's still slow!

MelJ 09-22-2010 06:00 AM

:roflmao::roflmao:.
Also:
http://www.preloadedstores.com/partn...url/PP2295.jpg
My girlfriend asked me something about this when I got my car. She was like, "VTEC? Don't they make phones?"

Joe Hondaman 09-22-2010 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002 (Post 4489909)
Please, for the love of God, if ur gonna drive a civic, get it right :X
VTEC,
not v-tech, vtech

And even though we have 127 HP, its only 90 or so at the wheels :(
Well, at least it isnt a hybrid....those get like what? 50 at the wheels? LOL

Hahah I would know the difference if I had a VTECH in my car to look at the spelling, sorry.
Hybrids may only get 50hp but they also get 50 mpg:_bow:

mac25 09-25-2010 07:37 PM

i'd sill rather have vtec then not. some people think the models without (7thy gen) are faster because of the lighter weight. WRONG! my mom has a non vtec 7thgen and i have the vtec... the vtec destroys the non. both cars are matched untill 70kph because it's the same engine untill then. but the 70-160 in the vtec model is far more agressive (160=100mph).

Joe Hondaman 09-25-2010 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by mac25 (Post 4490482)
i'd sill rather have vtec then not. some people think the models without (7thy gen) are faster because of the lighter weight. WRONG! my mom has a non vtec 7thgen and i have the vtec... the vtec destroys the non. both cars are matched untill 70kph because it's the same engine untill then. but the 70-160 in the vtec model is far more agressive (160=100mph).

I'd love a vtech. If and when I do a swap I'll probably only do a b series to save some money. Swap wouldn't be for a while though, trying to take things slow - to make sure that everything is done right in the end.

sdaidoji 09-28-2010 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by mac25 (Post 4489765)
pfffffff b and k motors you guys are fooolzzzz i'm rocking a d17a2! it's got vteck in it and everything. my mechanic said with the high quality organic oil he put in special for me for only $100 for labor plus $60 for the oil, that my d17 is at 214 hp! i'd eat you for lunch. he also said he has a special resistor for my awesome oem car computer and after that my car will be at 300hp, i'm guessing that's like 299 hp at the wheels. jk, lol XD

holy molly! bad day? That ironic tone is just hilarious! :D
you made my day! thanks! :roflmao:

sdaidoji 09-28-2010 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by MelJ (Post 4489940)
:roflmao::roflmao:.
Also:

My girlfriend asked me something about this when I got my car. She was like, "VTEC? Don't they make phones?"

:lol:

sdaidoji 09-28-2010 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by mac25 (Post 4490482)

not sure about the autos, but the manual EX (Si in canada) also have shorter gear ratios, which helps in having a little more "oomph".

mac25 09-29-2010 12:30 AM

ya i wish i had a manual but when i bought the car last year being a rebuild it only had 65km on it! i got it inspected for safety then snatched it up. my 02 had lower milage then my mom's 05, so it was the best thing i could find at the time. but i was sooooo tempted to buy this guys gorgeous black 3000gt vr4! it was selling for the some price $9k canadian. but i new it'd bit me in the ass if it broke down, plus the price of gas on that 320hp, 6 cylinder, twin turbo. but i can always dream. i think my next car will be a vr4. they're fat girls (heavy) but after some carbon it'd hall ass. i actually saw one two nights ago on the highway. thought it was one of the local ferraris or lambo's in the dark. when i got closer i could see it was a 3000gt, not the vr4 but still sexy. if you've only ever seen them in pictures you don't know the scale and wouldn't think it was a supercar (which it's not). but in real life they look like supercar's, super low and wide with nice curves. i love em!