Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

new to forum, my hatch

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe Hondaman is an unknown quantity at this point
new to forum, my hatch

97 dx hatch, bone stock when i got it a few months ago
current mods:
short ram intake
4" aftermarket muffler
6000k hid
15" gt sport rims painted flat black

future mods:
upgrade intake
type r grill
drop - coilovers
window tint

comments/suggestions/opinions?

Last edited by Joe Hondaman; 09-20-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-20-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold
Re: new to forum, my hatch

Welcome to the site!Your EK looks pretty clean.Your car doesn't look like it's lowered.Is your exhaust loud?Looks kinda big almost fart can.lol
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

Thanks. It's not lowered yet, i'll be doing that probably after winter. I just threw that fart can on there to make it a little louder, since it's not that fast I figured I'd make it loud. I plan on eventually upgrading the entire exhaust for performance instead of just sound
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

YueMa7493 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VTEC-2.0
Welcome to the site!Your EK looks pretty clean.Your car doesn't look like it's lowered.Is your exhaust loud?Looks kinda big almost fart can.lol
He wants to lower it in the future =) which I want to do too. Your hatch is indeed clean, I like it, has a lot of potential. Are you going to save up for a swap?
Old 09-20-2010

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Oh.Didn't see where it said future mods.Stupid glasses broke.
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by YueMa7493
He wants to lower it in the future =) which I want to do too. Your hatch is indeed clean, I like it, has a lot of potential. Are you going to save up for a swap?
I'd really like to do a b series swap sometime but I'm not rushing for it. If someday I see a good deal and I have the money I'll take it. Until then just keeping it clean.
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

YueMa7493 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yeah, take your time, im just trying to fix the little things to keep it running and going good. Start talking to people and get connected, you will find such good deals from friends you make because they wont try as much to pull the extra cash from your wallet haha.

<---I wear contacts, and dam my eyes get irritated sometimes.
Old 09-20-2010

Tried wearing contacts.My eyes got all red and watery.So today I dropped my glasses while riding my bike ad ran over them.Epic Fail.Anyways B series is a good match for EK9's and DC2's.K swap is also good if you want more power.I don't think there's any clearance issues with the K swap into an EK9.
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by YueMa7493
Oh yeah, take your time, im just trying to fix the little things to keep it running and going good. Start talking to people and get connected, you will find such good deals from friends you make because they wont try as much to pull the extra cash from your wallet haha.

<---I wear contacts, and dam my eyes get irritated sometimes.
Yeah, I'm taking my time just upgrading parts and keeping it in good condition. I've definitely seen what you're saying about other people. I've met quite a few really nice people with hondas but there's still a few stubborn people with the attitude "my hondas better than your's" haha

Tried wearing contacts.My eyes got all red and watery.So today I dropped my glasses while riding my bike ad ran over them.Epic Fail.Anyways B series is a good match for EK9's and DC2's.K swap is also good if you want more power.I don't think there's any clearance issues with the K swap into an EK9.
I have bad luck with my glasses too, can't wear contacts either.
I'd probably take whatever engine I could get for a good deal - which B series' seem to be a dime a dozen sometimes.
Old 09-20-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Welcome and looks good man.
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
Welcome and looks good man.
Thanks a lot man
Old 09-20-2010

I'm only familiar with the Type R B Series engine which is the B18C Spec R found in ITR DC2's and B16B found in an EK9 Type R.Those Type R engines will run you about $5,000-$6,000.A cheaper,but still powerful is the B16A (Both first and second gen),B16A5,B17A1,and the B18C1.Those engines should be cheaper than the Type R engines,but still have a good amount of power.

Last edited by VTEC-4.0; 09-20-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-20-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Joe Hondaman
Thanks a lot man
Cheers. And b series motors have potential and everyone knows the k series are the greatest but a b series is a great swap for a ek. Cheapest you can get is the ls's which is the b18a1 and b18b1, then the next range would be the gsr which is the b18c1 ot the em1 motor which is the b16a2 bout the same as the b16a though its built alittle different cause its jdm and goes in the jdm sir's. But the most expensive are the type r motors which are the b16b, b18a, b18c.
Old 09-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Nice hatch man.

Don't hate on my fart can!
Old 09-21-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

pfffffff b and k motors you guys are fooolzzzz i'm rocking a d17a2! it's got vteck in it and everything. my mechanic said with the high quality organic oil he put in special for me for only $100 for labor plus $60 for the oil, that my d17 is at 214 hp! i'd eat you for lunch. he also said he has a special resistor for my awesome oem car computer and after that my car will be at 300hp, i'm guessing that's like 299 hp at the wheels. jk, lol XD
Old 09-21-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mac25
pfffffff b and k motors you guys are fooolzzzz i'm rocking a d17a2! it's got vteck in it and everything. my mechanic said with the high quality organic oil he put in special for me for only $100 for labor plus $60 for the oil, that my d17 is at 214 hp! i'd eat you for lunch. he also said he has a special resistor for my awesome oem car computer and after that my car will be at 300hp, i'm guessing that's like 299 hp at the wheels. jk, lol XD
That's K my bike will make you look like your standing still.
Old 09-21-2010
Registered!!

I'm only familiar with the Type R B Series engine which is the B18C Spec R found in ITR DC2's and B16B found in an EK9 Type R.Those Type R engines will run you about $5,000-$6,000.A cheaper,but still powerful is the B16A (Both first and second gen),B16A5,B17A1,and the B18C1.Those engines should be cheaper than the Type R engines,but still have a good amount of power.
Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
Cheers. And b series motors have potential and everyone knows the k series are the greatest but a b series is a great swap for a ek. Cheapest you can get is the ls's which is the b18a1 and b18b1, then the next range would be the gsr which is the b18c1 ot the em1 motor which is the b16a2 bout the same as the b16a though its built alittle different cause its jdm and goes in the jdm sir's. But the most expensive are the type r motors which are the b16b, b18a, b18c.
Trust me if I could afford a K series without having to not spend a single cent for a while I would, B are just a lot more cheap. Plus not looking to make this a car for the track, just quick. It has the d16y7 now and I threw a short ram intake on it, slow acceleration. But when I get going this little hatch can get some speed
Old 09-21-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
Nice hatch man.

Thank you.
I actually like my little fart can (not so little though)
A lot of people are very anti big mufflers but I actually like it. In the future I plan on upgrading entire exhaust, probably magnaflow, to do something other than just loudness haha. But hopefully still keep the sound
Old 09-21-2010
Registered!!

I guess it's too bad my d16y7 is slowwwwwww
Old 09-21-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Woooo :HighFives:
I also got this chip on ebay that gives me like 100MPG!
And some NOS stickers on my rear bumper and side windows that adds 75bhp to my car
And a WekFest decal on my front window that makes my car more aerodynamic

My car is so fast, I can smoke a prius like it was nothing
Old 09-21-2010
Registered!!

Boosted1Cam is an unknown quantity at this point

the hatch looks clean and full of potential, i see the drop is in the future which is a good thing, and mabe better lookin rims
Old 09-21-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Boosted1Cam
the hatch looks clean and full of potential, i see the drop is in the future which is a good thing, and mabe better lookin rims
Yeah it definitely needs a drop. I just didn't want to spend the money on it now with winter coming (upstate ny winters suck). So I figured I'd wait until spring-ish time to do it. Those rims I got for a decent price, they were white and all banged up so I painted them black so it wouldn't be as noticeable. I'll be taking them off for winter soon anyways so I might just rock the 14" steelies after that anyway.
Old 09-21-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Woooo :HighFives:
I also got this chip on ebay that gives me like 100MPG!
And some NOS stickers on my rear bumper and side windows that adds 75bhp to my car
And a WekFest decal on my front window that makes my car more aerodynamic

My car is so fast, I can smoke a prius like it was nothing
HAHAHAHAHAHA. hilarious
Old 09-21-2010

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Kennykid2002, where can i get that nos sticker that adds 75bhp? LOL glad at least two of you got that i was joking =), anyway enough of this it's been done before but still fun.
Old 09-21-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
Nice hatch man.

Also. Welcome OP. Looks pretty clean.
Also. You're from upstate NY!? Sweet! Where at?
Old 09-21-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Kennykid2002, where can i get that nos sticker that adds 75bhp? LOL glad at least two of you got that i was joking =), anyway enough of this it's been done before but still fun.
I got it at a local autozone, its like 2 small stickers, and 2 large

Doubt you guys have it the French Colonies though :P

Oh...I forgot to mention, I always keep a 6 pack of NOS Energy in my trunk
Just in case I feel like street racing
All 16 Oz, they're sugar free
I think that adds another 50BHP at least

okay, i'm done
Old 09-21-2010

bahh ha ha! but seriously Joe Hondaman your car would probably beat mine. arn't those 97 dx hatch's way lighter and more hp then my 7th gen ex?
Old 09-21-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MelJ

Also. Welcome OP. Looks pretty clean.
Also. You're from upstate NY!? Sweet! Where at?
Binghamton area, you?
Old 09-21-2010
Registered!!

bahh ha ha! but seriously Joe Hondaman your car would probably beat mine. arn't those 97 dx hatch's way lighter and more hp then my 7th gen ex?
don't 7th gen ex's have a v-teched engine? my d16y7 is non-vtech and from what i've read its around 106 hp at stock with my short ram intake probably hits a wopping 110. I think the 7th gen ex is 127 hp. you're right though I have a few hundred less pounds than you so I could probably put up a decent fight!
Old 09-21-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Joe Hondaman
Binghamton area, you?
Out in the Troy/Albany area. You aren't too far, but I thought you were in the general area of where I was. Rockin' the steelies for winter too, eh? I've got a set of Blizzaks which rocked when we got hit last year. I strangely like steelies on my car for some reason even though everything is black.

Quick Reply: new to forum, my hatch