Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   The new CarPC setup (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/317983-new-carpc-setup.html)

DeX 05-21-2009 10:54 AM

Re: The new CarPC setup

Originally Posted by justinwebb (Post 4414439)
I dont really have a problem as at the shop right now im making around 1000 a week so money is no issue

So why the el cheapo Lilliput? :shrug:

justinwebb 05-21-2009 11:03 AM

i have had mine for 3 years so far and havent had a problem so im not sure of your definition of cheap

why buy a shitty 7th gen?

edrulz2003 05-21-2009 12:20 PM

just curious how much u paid for u that set up..

DeX 05-21-2009 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by justinwebb (Post 4414544)
why buy a shitty 7th gen?

Careful. I'll take my toys and go home.

mdawg 05-21-2009 05:58 PM

Are you going to be using RR or Centrafuse? I have elite lite skin on RR right now, it was easy to get working and thats what I wanted right now. His elite 2 skin looks to be really good whenever he decides to release it.

TemjinX2 05-21-2009 06:04 PM

this is how i had my lilput mounted in my 7th gen, so it worked just as well in the day time as well as night. i just got too lazy to extend the lower buttons though.

https://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5641/comp3bv8.jpg

justinwebb 05-21-2009 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by mdawg (Post 4414602)
Are you going to be using RR or Centrafuse? I have elite lite skin on RR right now, it was easy to get working and thats what I wanted right now. His elite 2 skin looks to be really good whenever he decides to release it.

i use centrafuse i just couldnt get into RR i dunno why but centrafuse is so much cleaner and organized and easy to use.

mdawg 05-21-2009 06:24 PM

In my case I could spend a little time figuring it out because it was free haha. I hear you tho, I've spent a lot of time trying to get RR configured right.

justinwebb 05-21-2009 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by mdawg (Post 4414617)
In my case I could spend a little time figuring it out because it was free haha. I hear you tho, I've spent a lot of time trying to get RR configured right.

haha it was expensive when i bought it and now they have some half off sle i was like WTF great, but i will get a discounted price for upgrading to centrafuse 3. I also used frodoplayer for a bit but it was a dead front end that wasnt updated anymore it was ok just didnt work well for what i needed

mdawg 05-21-2009 09:46 PM

Well I like the idea of being able to use things like Fusionbrain. Plugins are great for it so all it takes is a little time and it can do some great things.

justinwebb 07-07-2009 08:19 PM

8 Attachment(s)
just out of sheer boreom i figured i would post up some new pics of the build.

Got a new heatsink and fan and it should cool much better then the stock one did haha
Attachment 109179
Attachment 109180
Attachment 109181
Attachment 109182

figured it will get quite hot in the car so figured it needed upgraded. rather not burn up the processor and seeing as how this is the fastest build i have seen done in a car pc application might as well do it right :P

got a different case for it instead of teh cd changer idea i went with a micro atx case which i will be hiding up front, its a little smaller then a shoebox i was just worried abut temps in the trunk and it will e less wires i have in the car with it up front. Still need to put in the hard drive and such but its a start
Attachment 109183
Attachment 109184
Attachment 109185
Attachment 109186

i am making it removable also so if i want to take it inside and game with it (yes it runs games well i play GTA IV and crysis on it lol)

its an al black case i just have the top cover removed

pacotaco 07-07-2009 10:47 PM

see what im doing is not the carputer but just bought my self an asus aspire mini net and i just have hook up ports for it next im going to do and infered camera on the front with ir led strip so i have night vision

justinwebb 08-09-2009 06:55 PM

12 Attachment(s)
got a few new things in for the car pc so figured i would update as i am bored on a sunday with nothing to do lol.

First off got a 9800 GT 1 GB graphics card for it since it will be removable and can be brought inside and used as a gaming PC. It wont stay in all the time just when i have it inside for gaming and such to keep down on heat and power consumption when in the car lol. Got a new screen cause mine seems to have quit working, 3 years wasnt bad for the last one. I might try to get it working again its just the touch part isnt working. Got a new WIFI adapter that runs everything including N and has little antenna things lol. Got a new OBD tool one that supports updating the firmware so it will be more useful. Got a new Sirius kit and PC adapter for better satellite radio. And lastly i finally got my tiny keyboard that is wireless and the size of a cell phone. Its the greatest thing ever lol, best thing for a car pc.

working on sanding down the bezel for the screen a little bit it has a few marks in it and such and figured i would repaint it while the screen was out.

Attachment 108525
Attachment 108526
Attachment 108527
Attachment 108528

The new stuffs
Attachment 108529
Attachment 108530
Attachment 108531
Attachment 108532
Attachment 108533

the bezel getting ready to be sanded down again lol
Attachment 108534

anyone want a screen lol
Attachment 108535
Attachment 108536

mdawg 08-10-2009 01:49 AM

I've started skinning myself with RR, I've worked all my bugs out and I am very pleased I didn't choose Centrafuse because now I have everything setup and looking the way I want it. I also ended up getting a new screen its the Lilliput 701 Model...I assume If you got a new screen you got the same thing?

I have a 1.8ghz P4 with a 30gb hd and the 120wat dc-dc m2-atx ps....yeah I need to update the crap in my sig and show you some pics as well whenever Im not so lazy to walk to my car and take em.

Also wtf is with the video card? You dont need that in a carpc lol

justinwebb 08-10-2009 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by mdawg (Post 4429805)
I've started skinning myself with RR, I've worked all my bugs out and I am very pleased I didn't choose Centrafuse because now I have everything setup and looking the way I want it. I also ended up getting a new screen its the Lilliput 701 Model...I assume If you got a new screen you got the same thing?

I have a 1.8ghz P4 with a 30gb hd and the 120wat dc-dc m2-atx ps....yeah I need to update the crap in my sig and show you some pics as well whenever Im not so lazy to walk to my car and take em.

Also wtf is with the video card? You dont need that in a carpc lol

yea its the same model i had before it worked well for a long time, just didnt feel like dropping the extra cash on a sunlight readable just because i never have any problems with the sun anyways haha its in a perfect spot where i can always see it, even when its bright outside.

The video card is just for when i bring it inside to use it as a gaming pc, it doesn't stay in the pc when its in the car. Its great to be able to just remove the wires then bring it inside and do some gaming lol. One of the reasons why i built it the way i did for multiple uses not just a car pc ;)

justinwebb 03-07-2010 08:44 AM

6 Attachment(s)
got bored over the winter and redid the screen a little better had a hairline crack that bothered me. Also, got a new screen for the heck of it and redid how the back board attached to the bezel its self in the back. Used a piece of plexi to attach it cracked it in a few places but it does the job better then I had it last time

Attachment 106603
Attachment 106604
Attachment 106605
Attachment 106606
Attachment 106607
Attachment 106608

gearbox 03-07-2010 11:08 AM

coming along nicely