Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   little by little!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/301930-little-little.html)

uruguayanboy 11-17-2007 12:36 PM

Re: little by little!!!

Originally Posted by armieo (Post 4263782)
Damn so many replies for a set of new wheels. LOL

:roflmao: that's right, i feel important!! lol :2pimp:

armieo 11-18-2007 11:58 AM

I seriously didn't have this much trouble when I bought mine. Just threw them on end of story.

ultimatetuner10 11-18-2007 12:28 PM

Guys cut him a break, I was the same way when I was just starting out working with cars. I would ask hundreds of question, some pointless, and worry about things needlessly.

uruguayanboy
dont listen to the negativity, and remember there will always be some. I like the wheels becuase the lip matches the car, not something I would do, nor would i have them that big, but your car pulls it off fairly well. Get some smaller tires, and put on s-techs. Your car will look great. Also, get some tint, you will be golden

I might give my car the bling treatment in a year. 5% tint, 18inch chrome rims (nice expensive ones like Lexani, Giovani, etc. not some cheapies). I dont think it would look too bad

uruguayanboy 11-18-2007 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by armieo (Post 4264039)
I seriously didn't have this much trouble when I bought mine. Just threw them on end of story.

do you have 225/40? did you lowered?

armieo 11-18-2007 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by ultimatetuner10 (Post 4264048)
Guys cut him a break, I was the same way when I was just starting out working with cars. I would ask hundreds of question, some pointless, and worry about things needlessly.

Not giving him a hard time :rolleyes: , just saying I'm amazed at how far this thread has gone and how it's like always in the Top new posts in this forum. He's a local so inevitably we're going to have a civ meet. right? :sweet:

Originally Posted by uruguayanboy (Post 4264049)
do you have 225/40? did you lowered?

Honestly I keep forgetting what I'm on. :roflmao: The tires came with the rims so I didn't really need to ask about what I wanted/preferred/what was best. I'll remember to look in about 30 minutes and I will get back to you when I find out.

uruguayanboy 11-19-2007 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by ultimatetuner10 (Post 4264048)

uruguayanboy
dont listen to the negativity, and remember there will always be some. I like the wheels becuase the lip matches the car, not something I would do, nor would i have them that big, but your car pulls it off fairly well. Get some smaller tires, and put on s-techs. Your car will look great. Also, get some tint, you will be golden

I might give my car the bling treatment in a year. 5% tint, 18inch chrome rims (nice expensive ones like Lexani, Giovani, etc. not some cheapies). I dont think it would look too bad

haha!! thanx man... it's aight tho.. negativity have been helpfull too! i apreciate it anywayz!! :_bow: LOL

familycar 11-19-2007 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by uruguayanboy (Post 4263635)
hey do you think i could go lower if i sell my tires and get lower profile like 35? will the ride be shitty

the ride on a 35 series tires sucks bad. I wouldnt suggest it, but i am not you. i run 215/45/16's on my dc2. i like a little sidewall, i feel its not a lot to give up for the comfort. i like 17's as well but you usually have to lower a little more which can make navigating alittle more difficult. that is why i stuck with 18's. plus this car isnt performance orriented. unless you plan on dumping tons of money in to it towards performance trynig to get a set of light rims is a waste of money

Keet 01-15-2008 04:30 AM

This has been great reading all of this, LOL, some good information too. I was just waiting for someone to mention another solution other than lowering and no one has, so here goes:

Did you consider getting a body kit (at least sides)? This won't get rid of the gap between the rubber and the fender, but it def will be sitting lower overall and get rid of your "monster truck" problem.

I have no plans to lower, I used to, but I just won't cuz of the roads... I scrape enough at stock height. I'll hopefully get 17's this spring and I think the trick is to have a dark rim color... and that's your case, because it hides in the wheel well better.

Anyways, I hope you keep these rims because you got a unique thing going and it works but you have to be patient with your next mods.

I busted off my front lip a while back and now it's just KILLING me to drive around without one, it feels so incomplete, well that's the "little by little" part, there's always the next thing you will want to do but can't at the moment.

WgnrNick 01-22-2008 10:59 PM

Drop then rims... Thats how it goes. It does look high, but ehh... I'd sell the rims and get 17's. Best of luck!

Wagner :shake:

Honda05 01-22-2008 11:59 PM

Are those 18's? If so you shouldnt of gotten that size..17 is would of been just fine...There wouldnt be any shaking or anything...Thats the mistake you made