Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Giving the baby a wash - Speedfoos-style!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/300913-giving-baby-wash-speedfoos-style.html)

speedfoos 10-14-2007 11:31 AM

Giving the baby a wash - Speedfoos-style!!

Buh bye.

Curiouz_G 10-14-2007 11:35 AM

Re: Giving the baby a wash - Speedfoos-style!!

lookin good. now go and get some xenons in ;)

speedfoos 10-14-2007 11:39 AM

LOL - I still have to do a BO on these first!

Curiouz_G 10-14-2007 11:50 AM

tis true :)

what type of cleaning materials did you use? Ive recently been a convert to turtle wax products. Their liquid wax, polish, and finish REALLY works great.

mad dogg 10-14-2007 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:hgrin: I normally use meir polish better than autoglym cleaning cars is my part time job, how do i put my piks on, i new at this only just joined please help.:_doh:

WilmncChris 10-14-2007 12:06 PM

Everyone is doing the SS Vacume lines now.....

speedfoos 10-14-2007 12:31 PM

All the more reason for me to stay with blue silicone Chris! The SS lines you see are for evap, turbo water, and the little oil feed one.

Mad dogg, just go to Imageshack and set up a free account. Once you get them hosted there, you just nest them in IMG tags with brackets. Do a "Quote" on my first post here to look at the code to see what I'm talking about.

George, as crappy as my bodywork is on the passenger side, I never wax my car. I just use Coral Blue car wash, Simple Green and that Turtle Wax protectant spray (neon green bottle) for the wheels and engine bay. In fact I left my clear coat as a matte finish to help my crappy body work!

gearbox 10-14-2007 12:47 PM

nice i bet people are surprised when they hear a turbo. looks like a normal clean car.

amexicancarguy 10-14-2007 01:00 PM

Wow loving the car, and the engine bay, looks really nice. yeah based on the outside, wouldnt have guessed it was turboed. i want mine like that, i have an 03 lx sedan. i want to turbo it, but wont be for awhile, short on the cash.

1sykcivic 10-14-2007 01:06 PM

looks good but those sidemarkers are mount too close to the end of the fender

greeen01civic4d 10-14-2007 01:15 PM

perfection Clint, love the rims, i want those so bad for my nhbp em2, would look so good, im jealous Clint, its just what i want from my car

speedfoos 10-14-2007 01:21 PM

@1syk - Yeah I know, I just eyeballed it on one side, measured my little template and duplicated it on the other side. The fenders will be replaced when I get back to states - Z3 fenders FTMF.....L - so I'll measure them properly this time around before I hack into them.

Gear and mexi - that's the exact look I'm going for. Which is why I painted the CF hood, FMIC, went back to stock heads and tails - well tails are UKDM - and will be ditching that pillar pod is favor of an integrated setup in the center console. Sleeper is the way to go for me. I don't even get looks going through town anymore unless I pop the BOV. Just the way I like it!

greeen01civic4d 10-14-2007 01:24 PM

so how is it having left side drive over there??

speedfoos 10-14-2007 01:27 PM

What rims are on yours now Adam? I don't remember.

Oh wait, just went through your threads you want these for Momma's right? I'm getting rid of them in the spring, probably for really cheap as they will need to be re-cleared (don't use that purple bottle Castrol degreaser...) and the rubber is guaranteed to be gone by that point :D!

If you and Momma are still around, we'll talk, sound good?

MURDOCK 10-14-2007 01:30 PM

How strange Clint I also washed my car today because we had a rain storm here on sat. I also waxed my car with Zymol.
Yesterday I installed my H&R springs and SPC camber kit.
Your car looks great and I'm glad you ditched those lame projectors.
I think I'll make a thread to show of my ride.

speedfoos 10-14-2007 01:36 PM

Well, I wish I was as good about washing the car as I normally am Richard. Although I guess it has only been a week since I last scrubbed her down. Yeah, I'm glad the projectors are gone too. I like the stockers so much better. I don't even know if I'm going to BO them or not. I'm kind of happy with the way the car is now.

Glad you finally got your drop in! Two 4x4s in your driveway is just overkill man!

greeen01civic4d 10-14-2007 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by speedfoos (Post 4250995)
What rims are on yours now Adam? I don't remember.

Oh wait, just went through your threads you want these for Momma's right? I'm getting rid of them in the spring, probably for really cheap as they will need to be re-cleared (don't use that purple bottle Castrol degreaser...) and the rubber is guaranteed to be gone by that point :D!

If you and Momma are still around, we'll talk, sound good?

i can work with that, shes been lookin for rims, and doesnt want to spend a lot, so that would b perfect, ur such a cool guy Clint, but silly for puttin it on stands to wash.... silly boy... haha, i would to if i didnt have a lift at work

EggRollBandit05 10-14-2007 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by speedfoos (Post 4250948)

looks like you got jacked for your rims :giggle:

DsevenEm2 10-14-2007 03:11 PM

^^^ that picture makes me chuckle..

ur car is such a stocker from the outside..lol. hey have u thought about painting that c pillar? black liek the rest of ur dash and stuff?

speedfoos 10-14-2007 03:18 PM

Well, the other stock C-pillar is grey, just a little darker than this one, but that's not a bad idea Jose. Honestly, I'll probably just leave it until I make a different gauge panel for the center console area.

popee 10-14-2007 03:50 PM

Car is looking NIce..... how's the trubo treating you..

speedfoos 10-14-2007 04:18 PM

She's a fickle bitch, that's for sure!! I replaced my 3rd HG yesterday, but that's my own fault and not the turbo's. I love it though. I make every excuse I can just to drive it. Best mod ever. Period.

Jza 10-14-2007 04:19 PM

A small OEM spoiler would make your car complete, but that's just me.

popee 10-14-2007 04:21 PM

LOL gotta spend time with the car.. hopefully down the road... i might turbo up my civic or jus do a k20 swap.. but good to hear your loving ur car.

greeen01civic4d 10-14-2007 04:25 PM

hey Clint, whenever u leave and come back to the states, can i buy one of ur plates off of ya, id like to have one

Jza 10-14-2007 04:26 PM

man I wish I had money for a turbo. UK plates are sick greeen01civic4d, I wish I could put them on my car.

speedfoos 10-14-2007 04:45 PM

Yeah Jeff, I've been keeping my eye out for a factory spoiler, but I'm in no hurry to get one.

Check your PM Adam.

greeen01civic4d 10-14-2007 04:55 PM

Thanks Clint, quick response, what time is it there anyway

speedfoos 10-14-2007 05:00 PM

11pm. I'm going to bed now.

greeen01civic4d 10-14-2007 05:03 PM

aight, night man, thanks for everything, have dreams of boostin and runnin a 13 on the track... haha