Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   My Parking light REAR light wont Turn on!! HELLP 7thgners!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/285961-my-parking-light-rear-light-wont-turn-hellp-7thgners.html)

ohsnapsjay08 12-11-2006 11:37 PM

My Parking light REAR light wont Turn on!! HELLP 7thgners!!

ok, well i was testing something in the rear parking lights wiring (and tried to be a know how guy)and then next thing i know.. POFFF:hithead: the rear talights parking light wont come on anymore, i mean the brake light works but when i turn my parking light, just the front (and sidemarkers since i have them) turns on except my taillight lights!!!

do you guys think its the fuse? if so, can someone please help me out which one i should change?

thanks!

J

mradam85 12-11-2006 11:46 PM

read your owners manual for fuse location

1sykcivic 12-11-2006 11:58 PM

ur screwed , post in the right section mr.imtheking

civicvtec1ps 12-12-2006 12:06 AM

Check fuses, simple.

If you don't see any problems; check harness if you fried it.

ohsnapsjay08 12-12-2006 12:36 AM

how do you check fuses? i can just change them? where can i buy em?

susuking 12-12-2006 01:40 AM

it should be fuse below ur steering wheel. and if u don't have spare, just go to Autozone to get some with the right amperage. and btw, if u duno which one is the fuse, just check the piece of sticker on the bottom steering cover. its at the back, bro.

ohsnapsjay08 12-12-2006 02:16 AM

thanks much julian.. thats a great info. imma do it first thing in the morning!

J

TRIZ 12-12-2006 03:43 AM

Did you happent to check the bulbs?
Oh.. and sadly I have the same problem.. except someone hit my car when it was parked outside my house tonight.. anyways.. when the trunk crumpled, the wires that run across the rear (above the jack) were severed by the sharp metal as it crumpled and yeah, my rear lights dont work any more either. Check it out.

CraigW 12-12-2006 05:33 AM

IMO an open fuse would make all of the parking lamps inoperative.

If you have a meter the RED/YELLOW wires are what you would be working with. Use the chassis as the meters ground start at the parking lamp sockets and work backwards. ( You could also use a test lamp on this circuit as well )

Mralbino 12-12-2006 06:55 AM

It's Probably a the Fuse call "Small Lights" its located under your hood its a 15A Fuse.... If im not mistaking your interior Dash and Illumination isn't lighting up either. Check the 15A Fuse called "Small Lights" and see if that is blown. And then after you fix dont **** with the wires.

bobsagator 12-12-2006 09:56 AM

And to help, there is a fuse puller and extra fuses in the fuse box under the hood. Just pull the fuse and look to see if the metal piece inside is broken. If it is replace it, if not it is okay.

ohsnapsjay08 12-12-2006 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mralbino (Post 4103087)
It's Probably a the Fuse call "Small Lights" its located under your hood its a 15A Fuse.... If im not mistaking your interior Dash and Illumination isn't lighting up either. Check the 15A Fuse called "Small Lights" and see if that is blown. And then after you fix dont **** with the wires.

waaaah!! thanks! I was actually able to figure out myself accidently cause at first, i check my fuse under the steeringwheel and i couldnt pull it out so i pop the hood to get the fuse puller and for some reason, i just took a look on the little diagram on that fuse box case and saw "small lights" and i just pulled that out and realize it was the Burned one LOL talking about "what are the odds" but your right, its the small lights and went to autozone this morning and bought that and its actually cool, it has an indicator that lights up the next time i burned that fuse agian hehe. thanks 7thgeners (who helped out)!!!:rockon: :tup:

04NiGhTHWK 12-12-2006 03:54 PM

check the electrical section of the maneul walla it shoudl all be there

ohsnapsjay08 12-12-2006 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by bobsagator (Post 4103168)
And to help, there is a fuse puller and extra fuses in the fuse box under the hood. Just pull the fuse and look to see if the metal piece inside is broken. If it is replace it, if not it is okay.

thanks bro, this will sure help alot of other peepz too.