Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Parking light REAR light wont Turn on!! HELLP 7thgners!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough
Angry My Parking light REAR light wont Turn on!! HELLP 7thgners!!

ok, well i was testing something in the rear parking lights wiring (and tried to be a know how guy)and then next thing i know.. POFFF the rear talights parking light wont come on anymore, i mean the brake light works but when i turn my parking light, just the front (and sidemarkers since i have them) turns on except my taillight lights!!!

do you guys think its the fuse? if so, can someone please help me out which one i should change?

thanks!

J

Last edited by ohsnapsjay08; 12-11-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

mradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trusted
read your owners manual for fuse location
Old 12-11-2006
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute
ur screwed , post in the right section mr.imtheking
Old 12-12-2006
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Check fuses, simple.

If you don't see any problems; check harness if you fried it.
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

how do you check fuses? i can just change them? where can i buy em?
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

susuking is on a distinguished road
it should be fuse below ur steering wheel. and if u don't have spare, just go to Autozone to get some with the right amperage. and btw, if u duno which one is the fuse, just check the piece of sticker on the bottom steering cover. its at the back, bro.
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

thanks much julian.. thats a great info. imma do it first thing in the morning!

J
Old 12-12-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Did you happent to check the bulbs?
Oh.. and sadly I have the same problem.. except someone hit my car when it was parked outside my house tonight.. anyways.. when the trunk crumpled, the wires that run across the rear (above the jack) were severed by the sharp metal as it crumpled and yeah, my rear lights dont work any more either. Check it out.
Old 12-12-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
IMO an open fuse would make all of the parking lamps inoperative.

If you have a meter the RED/YELLOW wires are what you would be working with. Use the chassis as the meters ground start at the parking lamp sockets and work backwards. ( You could also use a test lamp on this circuit as well )
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold
It's Probably a the Fuse call "Small Lights" its located under your hood its a 15A Fuse.... If im not mistaking your interior Dash and Illumination isn't lighting up either. Check the 15A Fuse called "Small Lights" and see if that is blown. And then after you fix dont **** with the wires.
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
And to help, there is a fuse puller and extra fuses in the fuse box under the hood. Just pull the fuse and look to see if the metal piece inside is broken. If it is replace it, if not it is okay.
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

Smile

Originally Posted by Mralbino
It's Probably a the Fuse call "Small Lights" its located under your hood its a 15A Fuse.... If im not mistaking your interior Dash and Illumination isn't lighting up either. Check the 15A Fuse called "Small Lights" and see if that is blown. And then after you fix dont **** with the wires.
waaaah!! thanks! I was actually able to figure out myself accidently cause at first, i check my fuse under the steeringwheel and i couldnt pull it out so i pop the hood to get the fuse puller and for some reason, i just took a look on the little diagram on that fuse box case and saw "small lights" and i just pulled that out and realize it was the Burned one LOL talking about "what are the odds" but your right, its the small lights and went to autozone this morning and bought that and its actually cool, it has an indicator that lights up the next time i burned that fuse agian hehe. thanks 7thgeners (who helped out)!!!
Old 12-12-2006
Banned

04NiGhTHWK has a little shameless behaviour in the past
check the electrical section of the maneul walla it shoudl all be there
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bobsagator
And to help, there is a fuse puller and extra fuses in the fuse box under the hood. Just pull the fuse and look to see if the metal piece inside is broken. If it is replace it, if not it is okay.
thanks bro, this will sure help alot of other peepz too.