Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   got my fogs! pics finally added! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/240368-got-my-fogs-pics-finally-added.html)

gearbox 02-03-2006 08:13 AM

just buy a switch from honda. templates you don't really need just look at how someone else's is cut. relays are cheap too.

nytroph 02-04-2006 06:31 AM

Yea I might as well do that bc waiting for this guy k2motor on ebay isn't gonna get those foglights put in any faster this weekend.

Honda01 03-08-2006 03:50 PM

I'm curious, years ago in my old car, I wired up my sound system and connected it directly to the battery - all was good.

However, when I installed neons (I know i know... it was awhile ago! ) they were connected to a switch, which was connected to a fuse, which was connect to the battery.

How do you guys have it set up to power the fog lights?
-Install actual lights
-Run wires into the dash for the switch
-...then what do you run the switch to??
Battery (wouldn't it be messy? - old car's install looked like shit) ...
Do you tap into another wire??

Insight would be great, as I'm not too electric-knowledgable

ragingSPAM 03-08-2006 04:14 PM

usually ebay fogs come with a harness which wires into either ur fuse box or u can hardwire them into you 12v power outlet in ur car

MajinB 03-12-2006 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Honda01
How do you guys have it set up to power the fog lights?
-Install actual lights
-Run wires into the dash for the switch
-...then what do you run the switch to??
Battery (wouldn't it be messy? - old car's install looked like shit) ...
Do you tap into another wire??

um, my fogs are like daytime running lights. as long as my key is turned, the fogs are on. i got it wired to my ignition wire. so they are on whether my headlights/sidemarkers are on or off. if you go to handaaccessories.com they have a guide to install the kit yourself. if you want a clean stock install, just take apart the bottom of the center console. that part is not hard at all.

2ME_EM2 03-13-2006 02:18 AM

so if they are on all the time then wut happend with your OEM switch is it being used or is it there just for looks or is it even there?? :shrug: iono im just wondering cuz im thinking of getting some too..

oh yeah props on the fogs i likes..:sweet:

CIVIC X3 03-13-2006 03:45 AM

yea i was wonderin wut about the switch? does it not work? nice install you got dere. i just got mines done recently too. now i have to figure out where i want to slice the one pin plug wire into the parkin light or the ignition. i have the 04-05 foglights style.

MajinB 03-13-2006 05:09 PM

my switch is there. its oem style. IF i had not had the power wire hooked up to the ignition switch, then it would be useful for me. but its hooked up to the ignition so if the switch is on or off it don't matter. i keep the switch off. fogs stay on anyway. if you do it to the parking light, then you have to have them on to use. i could have had mine set up through the ignition in series. then my ignition would have to be on and i would need to press the switch. if you run it parallel like i have the switch don't matter

Gammarus 04-04-2006 04:05 AM

where do I get a relay from? my set was missing one.

Gammarus 04-06-2006 05:05 PM

bump

MajinB 04-06-2006 10:27 PM

talkin bout the harness? its supposed to come with one. mine did

gearbox 04-07-2006 12:14 AM

does anyone need a brand new set of ebay fogs for $35 shipped?

MajinB 04-07-2006 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by gearbox
does anyone need a brand new set of ebay fogs for $35 shipped?

sorry mine still work perfectly:rofl:

Gammarus 04-07-2006 05:02 PM

according to the instructions on handa its says that there should be two relays now Iam assuming one for each light? but I only have one I know I could probably get one from the dealer but could I just go to radioshack or something and buy one thats equal to the one I have already?