Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   I'm at a cross road and I need input from you guys! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/223125-im-cross-road-i-need-input-you-guys.html)

BIG 08-08-2005 12:49 AM

I'm at a cross road and I need input from you guys!

Well,

I have owned my civic since May 2001 and have gone through several different stages with it. Now I'm at the point where I can take it to the next level, or part it out and just do the clean 'jdm' thing.

Situation:

New job requires I drive more. So if I part it out and keep it clean I'd just use the 7thgen as the commuter car.

OR

I have a line on a really good deal on a 5thgen hatch that would be good for that kind of thing.

The problem I'm having is finally being satisfied with how my car looks and what is done to it. I mean, does it ever end?

If I keep it I'd like to look into doing different paint, different body kit, and possibly a widebody. I'd also consider a headlight and tail light conversion. But then I'd have to sell the CF hood and trunk that I just got a partial sponsor for.

:hithead: :hithead: I just don't know what I should do about the whole thing. Any comments would be great.

:_beer:

MajinB 08-08-2005 12:51 AM

pics would help. keep the ride. why get an older model? part out =more money

drew22mader 08-08-2005 01:17 AM

Keep your car man, its hot and if you do all what you say your gonna do then i can't wait to see it done. Just get a beater and drive it to work.

KnocturnalEM2 08-08-2005 01:39 AM

Keep your car take it to the next level and buy the 5thgen for a commuter!!!

ArthurBrazil 08-08-2005 09:30 AM

Don'y go rotary. rwwwwwww

Pharoh 08-08-2005 09:33 AM

Keep the civic intact and get the 5thgen if you can. Your car will be a nightmare to revert back to stock and you would make a lot of people cry...lol.

matt_s 08-08-2005 09:40 AM

haha yeah pharoh has a point, theres so much done to that car it would just be a waste now. Keep it, do all the things u want, and if u do have to part out some things, ie hood trunk, im sure u wont have a problem sellin em. Get the 5th gen!!

ciVictoria 08-08-2005 11:12 AM

Keep the car as it is and then get the 5th gen hatch as the work car.

Robb989 08-08-2005 11:14 AM

Keep your car man, it's sweet, I like it a lot!

BIG 08-08-2005 12:48 PM

thanks alot guys, I think this decision will be easier to make once I get the hatchie....I guess I'm feeling like with the air ride and lambo doors, its kind of a pain to drive the thing on a daily (multiple times per day) basis..

TeRRoRiFiC35 08-08-2005 12:53 PM

build up the hatch for speed and make the 7thgen a daily driver, u will be a lot happier.... if your only into looks, build the 7thgen for that n beat the hatch to hell

exturbo6 08-08-2005 01:13 PM

^^ yeah use the 7thgen as the commuter and get a hatch and make that the race car. i think it owuld be more worth it and alot better then messin with the 7thgen.

blouisgod 08-08-2005 01:27 PM

i put 28k on my car in 1 year doing sales from it. it sucked and put alot of damage and wear and tear on the car. keep the 7th on the side and get an older eg or ek for a commuter. you can even get some go fast parts for it for real cheap - i wish i had gotten a beater for work.

Al Gore FTW 08-08-2005 01:47 PM

yeah, get the hatch for work. im a pizza guy, and i hate driving my 7th gen to deliver pizzas, puts a lot of wear on it. might buy this eg hatch from some guy there for like a grand.

Pharoh 08-08-2005 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by silver04
yeah, get the hatch for work. im a pizza guy, and i hate driving my 7th gen to deliver pizzas, puts a lot of wear on it. might buy this eg hatch from some guy there for like a grand.

that's kinda what I'm doing...I'm gettin rid of the 7thgen for a bike and buyin a 92 hatch or coupe for the winter/rain