Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I'm at a cross road and I need input from you guys!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005
BIG
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
I'm at a cross road and I need input from you guys!

Well,

I have owned my civic since May 2001 and have gone through several different stages with it. Now I'm at the point where I can take it to the next level, or part it out and just do the clean 'jdm' thing.

Situation:

New job requires I drive more. So if I part it out and keep it clean I'd just use the 7thgen as the commuter car.

OR

I have a line on a really good deal on a 5thgen hatch that would be good for that kind of thing.

The problem I'm having is finally being satisfied with how my car looks and what is done to it. I mean, does it ever end?

If I keep it I'd like to look into doing different paint, different body kit, and possibly a widebody. I'd also consider a headlight and tail light conversion. But then I'd have to sell the CF hood and trunk that I just got a partial sponsor for.

I just don't know what I should do about the whole thing. Any comments would be great.

Old 08-08-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
pics would help. keep the ride. why get an older model? part out =more money
Old 08-08-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Keep your car man, its hot and if you do all what you say your gonna do then i can't wait to see it done. Just get a beater and drive it to work.
Old 08-08-2005
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
Keep your car take it to the next level and buy the 5thgen for a commuter!!!
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

ArthurBrazil will become famous soon enoughArthurBrazil will become famous soon enough
Don'y go rotary. rwwwwwww
Old 08-08-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Keep the civic intact and get the 5thgen if you can. Your car will be a nightmare to revert back to stock and you would make a lot of people cry...lol.
Old 08-08-2005
Super JDM Member

matt_s is an unknown quantity at this point
haha yeah pharoh has a point, theres so much done to that car it would just be a waste now. Keep it, do all the things u want, and if u do have to part out some things, ie hood trunk, im sure u wont have a problem sellin em. Get the 5th gen!!
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Keep the car as it is and then get the 5th gen hatch as the work car.
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

Robb989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep your car man, it's sweet, I like it a lot!
Old 08-08-2005
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
thanks alot guys, I think this decision will be easier to make once I get the hatchie....I guess I'm feeling like with the air ride and lambo doors, its kind of a pain to drive the thing on a daily (multiple times per day) basis..
Old 08-08-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
build up the hatch for speed and make the 7thgen a daily driver, u will be a lot happier.... if your only into looks, build the 7thgen for that n beat the hatch to hell
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
^^ yeah use the 7thgen as the commuter and get a hatch and make that the race car. i think it owuld be more worth it and alot better then messin with the 7thgen.
Old 08-08-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
i put 28k on my car in 1 year doing sales from it. it sucked and put alot of damage and wear and tear on the car. keep the 7th on the side and get an older eg or ek for a commuter. you can even get some go fast parts for it for real cheap - i wish i had gotten a beater for work.
Old 08-08-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
yeah, get the hatch for work. im a pizza guy, and i hate driving my 7th gen to deliver pizzas, puts a lot of wear on it. might buy this eg hatch from some guy there for like a grand.
Old 08-08-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by silver04
yeah, get the hatch for work. im a pizza guy, and i hate driving my 7th gen to deliver pizzas, puts a lot of wear on it. might buy this eg hatch from some guy there for like a grand.

that's kinda what I'm doing...I'm gettin rid of the 7thgen for a bike and buyin a 92 hatch or coupe for the winter/rain