Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Joined the accident club (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/194702-joined-accident-club.html)

Vinh 01-30-2005 12:21 AM

Joined the accident club

got plowed from behind by an 18-wheeler

yep....parents are pissed at me because i got hit
and not my fault....

that's oriental parents for yall

gearbox 01-30-2005 12:24 AM

Bah that sucks! What's wrong with people? And what happened with the truck did the guy fall asleep?

Vinh 01-30-2005 12:25 AM

nah...just icy conditions

my mom won't even talk to me

gearbox 01-30-2005 12:27 AM

whoa that's retarded. My parents were pissed but when I told em what happened they got better about it. So the insurance is fixing your car right?

civic21 01-30-2005 12:28 AM

that sucks. totaled i guess?

rEkKaShInObI 01-30-2005 02:03 AM

my car was totalled this month, on january 5th 2005, 5 days after i got my license my car spun out and i slammed into a tree. the cars totalled, i got a ticket, and my ankle was busted. had to visit the hospital, get a cast, and i was on crutches. my parents didnt give me the lecture yet, but ever since then, tht day has haunted me.

my 2002 honda civic lx....

caliart 01-30-2005 02:12 AM

:kick: wow that really sucks hopefully everything gets better with your car and parents just give them time i guess

K20A_Wanabe 01-30-2005 02:19 AM

I got in an accident with my car too, But it wasn't totalled. I was going 130 and some truck cut infront of me and i slammed the brakes and swearved and rear ended a cadillac. Ended up being 10,000 dallors worth of damn and i'm more than happy to have my car back again. Everyday now i regret ever driving that fast and i'm so thankful that i didn't kill the kids that were in the back seat. My dad was hella cool about it but when i talked to my mom all hell broke loose. I think after my accident i didn't drive for like 2 monthes because it was so scary getting behind the wheel again specially in a faster car. Here are some pics of my car when i got in my accident:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/268646/13

jackal903 01-30-2005 02:46 AM

why they are like that, you can't do anything about it by got hit from the back

rEkKaShInObI 01-30-2005 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by K20A_Wanabe
I got in an accident with my car too, But it wasn't totalled. I was going 130 and some truck cut infront of me and i slammed the brakes and swearved and rear ended a cadillac. Ended up being 10,000 dallors worth of damn and i'm more than happy to have my car back again. Everyday now i regret ever driving that fast and i'm so thankful that i didn't kill the kids that were in the back seat. My dad was hella cool about it but when i talked to my mom all hell broke loose. I think after my accident i didn't drive for like 2 monthes because it was so scary getting behind the wheel again specially in a faster car. Here are some pics of my car when i got in my accident:

130?! good lord man thats pretty fast, and as for ur not not being totalled, that was a miracle.

R1Style 01-30-2005 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Vinh
got plowed from behind by an 18-wheeler

yep....parents are pissed at me because i got hit
and not my fault....

that's oriental parents for yall

Shitty buzz man.
And I know what you're saying... my parents are the same way.

Vinh 01-30-2005 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by jackal903
why they are like that, you can't do anything about it by got hit from the back

with my mom....she's stubborn....she will find a way to make me have liability
in it...."you shouldn't have been driving in these conditions"

but yea...car is totalled

and my neck really hurts from the whiplash...but i'm too scared to tell my mom

thrash_273 01-30-2005 12:31 PM

dang! it happens.

zen_master 01-30-2005 12:33 PM

wow....what happened to your parents, yo?

tell em to knock some wood table.....

gearbox 01-30-2005 12:56 PM

hey vinh, the doctor said I have wiplash too. Sucks but here's some tips to make it heal faster. It's not permanent I hope.

Rest and try not to make sudden movements including turning or bending too far back.

Do exercises to stretch your neck by turning slowly side to side and rotating from left to down to right.

Mine is feeling alot better after a week, the doctor said it could take up to a month to heal completely tho.

Wow and car is totaled? They didn't total mine and some van hit me going 40mph or more while I was stopped. But ya that truck would've caused more damage.

i8dabomb 01-30-2005 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
my car was totalled this month, on january 5th 2005, 5 days after i got my license my car spun out and i slammed into a tree. the cars totalled, i got a ticket, and my ankle was busted. had to visit the hospital, get a cast, and i was on crutches. my parents didnt give me the lecture yet, but ever since then, tht day has haunted me.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hustlelikem0fo 01-30-2005 01:06 PM

A civic being totaled isnt always a bad thing......

gearbox 01-30-2005 01:08 PM

It is if you put in hundreds of hours and $$ modding it.

02sleeper 01-30-2005 02:24 PM

sux blow that mofo up

CivicsRdBest 01-30-2005 02:31 PM

Woah... you have strict parents... I hope your ok.

Vinh 01-30-2005 02:51 PM

yeah thanx everyone for feedback....

i'm still a bit dramatized

gearbox 01-30-2005 03:02 PM

Ya I couldn't stop thinking about it for a few days. Just try and do fun stuff and don't think about it. So insurance is paying for everything right? Go get a checkup to make sure and if you're hurt the insurance needs to pay that too.

rEkKaShInObI 01-30-2005 04:11 PM

guys, you dont know what you have, until you lose it. n thanks 4 the applaud i8dabomb.

goodtimes 01-31-2005 01:47 AM

guys, you dont know what you have, until you lose it. n thanks 4 the applaud i8dabomb.

^^^^ hell yea you dont know what you have until you lose it.

REP POINT FOR YOU
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

kornsined 01-31-2005 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by K20A_Wanabe
I got in an accident with my car too, But it wasn't totalled. I was going 130 :nono: :nono: and some truck cut infront of me and i slammed the brakes and swearved and rear ended a cadillac. Ended up being 10,000 dallors worth of damn and i'm more than happy to have my car back again. Everyday now i regret ever driving that fast and i'm so thankful that i didn't kill the kids that were in the back seat. My dad was hella cool about it but when i talked to my mom all hell broke loose. I think after my accident i didn't drive for like 2 monthes because it was so scary getting behind the wheel again specially in a faster car. Here are some pics of my car when i got in my accident:

thank your lucky stars that you didn' t get killed or killed someone (or sued). good to see everything turned out all right.

kornsined 01-31-2005 02:27 AM

well you live be the sword you die by the sword. at least your not paralyzed. :flush:

aznrocka 01-31-2005 02:31 AM

sucks to hear....and people do drive in the crappiest or crappy weather. why? i dont know b/c they think they're the best drivers? but that lets people know how asian parents are lol they are strict on the little things.

skipbarber 01-31-2005 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Vinh
with my mom....she's stubborn....she will find a way to make me have liability
in it...."you shouldn't have been driving in these conditions"

but yea...car is totalled

and my neck really hurts from the whiplash...but i'm too scared to tell my mom

i just think its ethnic mothers in general...my mom say the EXACT THING when i have to drive in the snow...etc. Even when i got rear ended, she had ZERO sympathy for me or my car. Apparently, according to her, my bad driving habits caused me to get rear ended...when i was stopped at a red light... :_doh:

MishBallzEM2 01-31-2005 07:35 AM

damn that sucks...hope you're alright though

_Viper_ 01-31-2005 07:42 AM

Vinh do you have some pics of the car...
Get some if you can so we can see the dammage
Thanks