Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Civic+Driving in state of emergency.. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/193412-civic-driving-state-emergency.html)

joshb_ 01-23-2005 03:02 AM

Civic+Driving in state of emergency..

SO i live in rochester NY and i woke up to go to work at 3 am this morning and i turn on the tv to find out all sorts of shit is closed and we are in some sort of emergencey...(churches even closed.) But i figure i have enough driving in the snow experience to try to go to work. I open the garage to find about 2.5 feet of drift in my drive way alone :eek: ......i try to get get threw this. As the snow is up to my trunk lid and my tires just start spinning i give up. I kinda wanted to get out of the driveway just to see what the roads are like but i cant right now.....For such a light car i really feel the civic does pretty well with some quality snow tires. Anyone else had a good experienice like this?
:_doh:

ImPulse 01-23-2005 07:41 AM

**** the snow, my car doesnt move

2k3kansasEX 01-23-2005 07:44 AM

I was ridin around in mine a year ago in about 10" of snow. "MY LIL SNOW PLOW" but now it is droped so not any more

gearbox 01-23-2005 07:58 AM

Ya mine drives fairly well in the snow. Alot has to do with tires, and also some driving techniques.

i8dabomb 01-23-2005 07:59 AM

plow truck hasnt plowed my driveway yet...i'm not gonna try

againifall 01-23-2005 10:39 AM

i took mine out this morning.. after snowblowing the driveway and the end by the streat.. roads were.. well.. covered in about 3" of snow but as long as you drive like yer driving in snow its fine.. lil slip here and there.. but other than that its fine... well.. was fine.. till i hit where the stupid state had salted.. pure slush messy icy hell.. with snow like this salting the roads is the worst thing you can do.. i gave up and just went home.. i know im more than capable of driving in this and much worse.. but its the other idiots on the road that im worried about..

most i ever drove in was about 8" of fluffy snow ontop of 2" of icy wet stff.. it took the rubber strip off the bottom of my bumper (but i heard it pull off and was able to save it).. if you can avoid other peoples tire tracks our cars do prettygood cinsidering what they are.. but soon as you hit ruts form someone else tires.. good effin luck.. our cars are just waaay too light to remake paths.. its like lil kid gocart track driving.. you know the kind that has the rail in the middle that you have to follow..

frickinspic 01-23-2005 11:15 AM

i jus finishded wrecking my car last tuesday going to CT , is was snowing bye new heven and i hydroplaned off the road to a lane merging sign and i distroyed my one one day old black housing dual angle eye projector ..no lie i had them in jus on moday......talk bout bad luck huh...thats y im never drivin no civic in snow again...:P

lxcivic2k1 01-23-2005 05:28 PM

My car sucks compared to my old car(85 Cutlass Supreme RWD w/ positraction) but then again im on 7" wide tires that suck to begin with since the dealer installed them to sell the car= cheap ass tires :mad: i could barely get in my driveway which is basically flat cause i kept barely spinning and then got turned towards my moms car. But it might also be the fact that im used to driving RWD and using the gas to steer my car. It would prolly do better with stock wheels/tires.

NightRider02 01-23-2005 05:34 PM

i'm not even gonna test how well my car would do in the snow

CivicsRdBest 01-23-2005 05:35 PM

On unpaved roads and parking lots I leave the car in 2nd gear and drive slowly. I also keep my foot above the foot brake too. I was able to keep it moving whenever I was moving, but after slowing down I would spin every once in a while. I had a hard time parking...

TheCouch 01-23-2005 05:38 PM

Driving in the snow isnt a problem with M/S tires. Ive parked my car on a 2 inch sheet of ice and havnt gotten stuck, or even spun the tires. Its just about how you put the power to the wheels.

y.0. KiLLa 01-23-2005 07:03 PM

i had no choice. sat i went to take my sats and i was dismissed by 1. when i went outside there were about 3-4 inches and this was the first time i drove in the snow. i had to go down hills and up hills. i also had to take the parkway and i made it without sliding, losing control, or skidding.
I am proud because my civic has stock tires made by warrior that suck rly bad. (came with the car) and it was the 1st time for me! :sweet:

joshb_ 01-23-2005 08:18 PM

yea i have stock tires too they blow

againifall 01-23-2005 08:24 PM

its all about knowing how to drive in the snow.. if you know what yer doing you will be fine.. if you dont know how to drive in snow.. well.. duh.. you will be screwed..

i8dabomb 01-23-2005 09:08 PM

heh i went out earlier today and i was going down a hill (2nd gear) and i guess i was going so slow i stalled out... so there i am with my car sliding slowly yet out of control to the right...hit the side snow bank and stop. that was interesting...