Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Civic+Driving in state of emergency..

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005
Boosted 04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
Civic+Driving in state of emergency..

SO i live in rochester NY and i woke up to go to work at 3 am this morning and i turn on the tv to find out all sorts of **** is closed and we are in some sort of emergencey...(churches even closed.) But i figure i have enough driving in the snow experience to try to go to work. I open the garage to find about 2.5 feet of drift in my drive way alone ......i try to get get threw this. As the snow is up to my trunk lid and my tires just start spinning i give up. I kinda wanted to get out of the driveway just to see what the roads are like but i cant right now.....For such a light car i really feel the civic does pretty well with some quality snow tires. Anyone else had a good experienice like this?
Old 01-23-2005
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
**** the snow, my car doesnt move
Old 01-23-2005
Got the broccoli in my back pocket

2k3kansasEX is an unknown quantity at this point
I was ridin around in mine a year ago in about 10" of snow. "MY LIL SNOW PLOW" but now it is droped so not any more
Old 01-23-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Ya mine drives fairly well in the snow. Alot has to do with tires, and also some driving techniques.
Old 01-23-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
plow truck hasnt plowed my driveway yet...i'm not gonna try
Old 01-23-2005
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
i took mine out this morning.. after snowblowing the driveway and the end by the streat.. roads were.. well.. covered in about 3" of snow but as long as you drive like yer driving in snow its fine.. lil slip here and there.. but other than that its fine... well.. was fine.. till i hit where the stupid state had salted.. pure slush messy icy hell.. with snow like this salting the roads is the worst thing you can do.. i gave up and just went home.. i know im more than capable of driving in this and much worse.. but its the other idiots on the road that im worried about..

most i ever drove in was about 8" of fluffy snow ontop of 2" of icy wet stff.. it took the rubber strip off the bottom of my bumper (but i heard it pull off and was able to save it).. if you can avoid other peoples tire tracks our cars do prettygood cinsidering what they are.. but soon as you hit ruts form someone else tires.. good effin luck.. our cars are just waaay too light to remake paths.. its like lil kid gocart track driving.. you know the kind that has the rail in the middle that you have to follow..
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

frickinspic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i jus finishded wrecking my car last tuesday going to CT , is was snowing bye new heven and i hydroplaned off the road to a lane merging sign and i distroyed my one one day old black housing dual angle eye projector ..no lie i had them in jus on moday......talk bout bad luck huh...thats y im never drivin no civic in snow again...:P
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
My car sucks compared to my old car(85 Cutlass Supreme RWD w/ positraction) but then again im on 7" wide tires that suck to begin with since the dealer installed them to sell the car= cheap *** tires i could barely get in my driveway which is basically flat cause i kept barely spinning and then got turned towards my moms car. But it might also be the fact that im used to driving RWD and using the gas to steer my car. It would prolly do better with stock wheels/tires.
Old 01-23-2005
sleekest 7th gen on the right coast

NightRider02 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm not even gonna test how well my car would do in the snow
Old 01-23-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
On unpaved roads and parking lots I leave the car in 2nd gear and drive slowly. I also keep my foot above the foot brake too. I was able to keep it moving whenever I was moving, but after slowing down I would spin every once in a while. I had a hard time parking...
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

TheCouch is an unknown quantity at this point
Driving in the snow isnt a problem with M/S tires. Ive parked my car on a 2 inch sheet of ice and havnt gotten stuck, or even spun the tires. Its just about how you put the power to the wheels.
Old 01-23-2005