Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   drop springs w/ 18's (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/192694-drop-springs-w-18s.html)

civic288 01-18-2005 09:10 PM

drop springs w/ 18's

I'm planning to get my rims next month(enkei RSF2) and want to get a "sportier" stance on my sedan. How much drop to you guys consider too much? too little? I dont want to slam the thing but just get it sitting nicely(sp,?) over the tires and rims. 2 inches seems like alot to lower but 1 inch doesnt seem like it would do the job. Thanks. I'll try to figure out how to get some pictures up sometime so you all can see what it looks like now. (Painfullly stock except for tints and stereo btw).

HondaGuy12 01-19-2005 08:40 AM

Yeah im thinking you should do 2 inch....or even 1.5....because they tend to sag over the year...and if you have a system in the trunk..it will bring it down lower....also Do u plan on adding any exterior mods like a kit or lips? You havta take that into consideration also.. but if you want to solve your problem really fast...just get coilover suspension...

MyK 01-19-2005 08:50 AM

sounds like youd like neuspeed race, their the ones im getting when the snow dissapears!!

MIVtec 01-19-2005 09:44 AM

18's tend to ride rough with a big drop. I have eibach prokit, but i used to have OBX coilovers, the eibachs still maintain a good drop and keep the ride nice. the coilovers will be rough with 18's but that is just my experience. stick with a spring and get some tokico blues!

XTREME2K2CIVIC 01-19-2005 10:13 AM

18's ride rough ??? I'm runnin' on 19's and a B&G Full Coilover system and I'm ridin' fine on my rubber band sized tires... and the reaseon MIVtec you ride is rough is because your ridin' on stock struts.. Once you beef up to a full suspension system you'll notice the difference big time.....

nickm748 01-19-2005 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
18's ride rough ??? I'm runnin' on 19's and a B&G Full Coilover system and I'm ridin' fine on my rubber band sized tires... and the reaseon MIVtec you ride is rough is because your ridin' on stock struts.. Once you beef up to a full suspension system you'll notice the difference big time.....

:tup: Cant wait until i install my B+G's

MishBallzEM2 01-19-2005 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC

Definetly....gotta upgrade the whole thing to get the best ride......U get what you pay for....... :tup:

civic288 01-19-2005 10:12 PM

I plan on gettin a lip kit at some point but would like to see how low I end up going. What are the cost differences between coilovers and springs? Also with springs what else do I need? New shocks of course. But struts? not sure what it is I'll have to check out hte suspension section and do some more research. Thanks for your responses.

import2nr 01-19-2005 10:21 PM

get a staggered drop. meaning a drop thats lower in the front than in the back... such as the neuspeeds. otehr wise youll have saggy ass.

or go all out and get BGs or teins... <--- best option

import2nr 01-19-2005 10:26 PM

do yourself a favor and get teins or BGs