drop springs w/ 18's - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2005   #1
Registered!!

civic288 is an unknown quantity at this point
drop springs w/ 18's

I'm planning to get my rims next month(enkei RSF2) and want to get a "sportier" stance on my sedan. How much drop to you guys consider too much? too little? I dont want to slam the thing but just get it sitting nicely(sp,?) over the tires and rims. 2 inches seems like alot to lower but 1 inch doesnt seem like it would do the job. Thanks. I'll try to figure out how to get some pictures up sometime so you all can see what it looks like now. (Painfullly stock except for tints and stereo btw).
civic288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #2
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
Yeah im thinking you should do 2 inch....or even 1.5....because they tend to sag over the year...and if you have a system in the trunk..it will bring it down lower....also Do u plan on adding any exterior mods like a kit or lips? You havta take that into consideration also.. but if you want to solve your problem really fast...just get coilover suspension...
HondaGuy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #3
MyK
Registered!!

MyK has a little shameless behaviour in the past
sounds like youd like neuspeed race, their the ones im getting when the snow dissapears!!
MyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #4
Registered!!

MIVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
18's tend to ride rough with a big drop. I have eibach prokit, but i used to have OBX coilovers, the eibachs still maintain a good drop and keep the ride nice. the coilovers will be rough with 18's but that is just my experience. stick with a spring and get some tokico blues!
MIVtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #5
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
18's ride rough ??? I'm runnin' on 19's and a B&G Full Coilover system and I'm ridin' fine on my rubber band sized tires... and the reaseon MIVtec you ride is rough is because your ridin' on stock struts.. Once you beef up to a full suspension system you'll notice the difference big time.....
XTREME2K2CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #6
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
18's ride rough ??? I'm runnin' on 19's and a B&G Full Coilover system and I'm ridin' fine on my rubber band sized tires... and the reaseon MIVtec you ride is rough is because your ridin' on stock struts.. Once you beef up to a full suspension system you'll notice the difference big time.....

Cant wait until i install my B+G's
nickm748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #7
I'm The Ballz Of 7th Gen

MishBallzEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
Definetly....gotta upgrade the whole thing to get the best ride......U get what you pay for.......
MishBallzEM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #8
Registered!!

civic288 is an unknown quantity at this point
I plan on gettin a lip kit at some point but would like to see how low I end up going. What are the cost differences between coilovers and springs? Also with springs what else do I need? New shocks of course. But struts? not sure what it is I'll have to check out hte suspension section and do some more research. Thanks for your responses.
civic288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #9
awd pwnz j00
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
get a staggered drop. meaning a drop thats lower in the front than in the back... such as the neuspeeds. otehr wise youll have saggy ***.

or go all out and get BGs or teins... <--- best option
import2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #10
awd pwnz j00
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
do yourself a favor and get teins or BGs
import2nr is offline   Reply With Quote