Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Suspension Performance Modifications (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance-modifications)
-   -   "TOE OUT" problem after coilover install please help (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance-modifications/328758-toe-out-problem-after-coilover-install-please-help.html)

05CivicRS 05-16-2010 05:48 PM

"TOE OUT" problem after coilover install please help

2 Attachment(s)
I just installed my coilovers on for my civic and as i dropped the car down i noticed that my car has really nasty toe out.

Is there anyway i can adjust this?

I don't want to drive it anymore because it's eating down my inner tread on my front tires really badly and it starts to tire screech when i go over 50km/h

Has anyone had this problem before?

btw here are some pics of the drop for who ever's curious
Attachment 106104
Attachment 106105

sdaidoji 05-16-2010 08:07 PM

Re: "TOE OUT" problem after coilover install please help

It's common sense to align after suspension instal...
Toe is adjusted by turning the steering rods length by turning the threads in the rods ends...
Did you align the car afterwards?

tattooedfreak 05-17-2010 09:03 AM

Just do yourself a favor n get some adjustable upper ball-joints. Prob solved.

tattooedfreak 05-17-2010 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by tattooedfreak (Post 4470207)
Just do yourself a favor n get some adjustable upper ball-joints. Prob solved.

Reason I say adjustable ball-joints is your probably talkin about a camber issue not toe-out problem. Could be wrong, u might actually know the diff between camber and toe-in or toe-out.

sdaidoji 05-17-2010 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by tattooedfreak (Post 4470216)
Reason I say adjustable ball-joints is your probably talkin about a camber issue not toe-out problem. Could be wrong, u might actually know the diff between camber and toe-in or toe-out.

uhn...
He have a 05, which have struts, so if he is going to have camber issues is in the rears... The fronts does not change camber, they are mostly static, the 2000 and earlier might have this with the double wishbone suspension and dinamic camber gains (negative as it compresses).
Now i was wondering myself how much the toe can change in the fronts when lowered, but can not tell exactly how it happens... Let's see, when compressed, the strut shortens, but the mounting point keeps the same since they are in the subframe. the tie rods are fixed, so usually the toe should move in? Then that's strange?

Anyway, to the OP, you need to take the car to align, as stated before...

sdaidoji 05-19-2010 05:04 PM

By the way, did you install the rear camber kit? if not you will understeer like a pig...