Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/43-wheels-tires-brakes-modifications)
-   -   spinner rims (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/43-wheels-tires-brakes-modifications/113230-spinner-rims.html)

BREEZE 09-06-2003 12:08 AM

spinner rims

has anyone heard of spinner adapter rims for 17 inch rims?

playa6tnine 09-06-2003 12:11 AM

smallest i've seen are 18". they look kinda wierd though. definately not for a civic... unless u got it all hooked up in a way that it matches. im curious to see how they look on a civic

SeThisBlaze 09-06-2003 12:16 AM

the spinner adapters look funny when the car is stopped....u can just tell they fake spinners

white2K2EX 09-06-2003 12:21 AM

If you put those on your car, I will make fun of you until the day you die for being a poseur.

tripledoublegs 09-06-2003 12:50 AM

I don't know why people would get those kind of rims. They don't even look good all chromed out like that. Maybe for a truck...

Amplify 09-06-2003 11:29 AM

I stand behind the belief that spinners are for trucks and SUVs only. On anything else, it looks "off."

DINGALING 09-06-2003 12:11 PM

i think you are "off" if you put down 1000 per each rim

-DINGALING

BREEZE 09-06-2003 01:45 PM

hey white2k2ex u know what... ill smash your f***ed up head in with my brass knuckles and eat your brain in front of your dad while having sex with your mom and little sister u fag

liquidblue 09-06-2003 02:52 PM

Originally posted by twotymer05
hey white2k2ex u know what... ill smash your f***ed up head in with my brass knuckles and eat your brain in front of your dad while having sex with your mom and little sister u fag
that's so wrong dude..... why would you have sex with them infront of his dad?

anyways. those spinner caps look so ghey on any rims. if you have like an escalade it's ok to drop 10 grand on wheels if you've got the money, but to do something like that is just wrong.

DaZeD 09-06-2003 03:57 PM

what are you 12?

PeN8503 09-06-2003 08:28 PM

spinners look nice on suvs/trucks/ghetto cars like buicks/caddys and definately luxury cars like benz/jag/bently/aston martin/ maybe bmw and i don think people r gonna throw some chromed out gangster spinners on a ferrari or lambo but maybe i dunno

PeN8503 09-06-2003 10:41 PM

dude spinners are badass.......not on an import, but spinners are tight, they've paved the way for a new age in big rims. Having 24s now just aint enough, if yo shit dont spin, you aint ballin

id trade my civic in anyday for a truck or suv with spinners, anyday man

DINGALING 09-06-2003 11:41 PM

me too, pen. then i'd cash that suv/truck in and pay off my college tuition, books, living expenses, buy a s2k, and a house. ya know why? because they are sooooooooooooooooooo friggen expensive. if somebody would allow you to trade them a civic for a vehicle(that deserves them) with spinners on it, i'll kill them. and you for gettin such an awesome deal. and then i'd drive both cars away at the same time. hey, if you are living in a fantasy world, why can't i?

:)

-DINGALING

ImPulse 09-06-2003 11:52 PM

LOL! thats the best thing ive heard in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooonnnggggggg time! HAHAHAHA

dret 09-07-2003 12:51 AM

"eat your brain in front of your dad while having sex with your mom and little sister u fag"
WHAT THE ****? is this 7thgencivic.com or KinkyCannibalismSex.com
wtf he just said he'd make fun of you.. who gives what other ppl think get em' if you want em'.. i thnk spinner rims are nice i'd give you props for being diff.. but they're like half the cost of our cars...

dam i'm still disturbed

PeN8503 09-07-2003 02:12 PM

sorry but im not livin a fantasy, i can sell my civic for about 12k, my mods for about 1-2k, and buy a truck with that and some 22inch spinners for 3gs...................ya gotta have the hookups

'i got the hookups, holla if ya hear me'

XxJDMCivicxX 09-07-2003 02:14 PM

Adapters so you can have spinners look like ass cuz the spinning part sticks out so its not even with the rim it's outward. A guy has them on his 2003 maxima is just looks wrong.

DaZeD 09-07-2003 04:43 PM

besides, spinners are over played o anything, unless u go with the spreewells

PeN8503 09-07-2003 06:11 PM

yeah spree's r the best, it looks nicee if ur rims have a lip going around it so when u add the spinners it doesnt look like it sticks out....
also the best 'cheap brand' spinner is Chopper Spinners, all the other shit like Spintek etc.. are garbage

TS-Flea 09-08-2003 04:36 AM

Personally, I think they look shite.

iluvbritney 09-08-2003 04:44 AM

spinner looks weird on anything lower than 20s. but again, anything over 20s comes in chrome...

white2K2EX 09-08-2003 05:24 PM

Well, first things first...

I don't have a little sister.

Secondly, you have some serious problems if that's the kind of response you have to come back with to something as trivial as someone saying you have bad taste. Have you graduated from any type of school? I only ask because your grammar skills suggest you're not quite up to parr in the education department. If you've got some problem with me making a stupid little joke, take it up with me privately instead of making yourself look like an a$$hole in front of everyone here. Be a man.

Jodster 09-08-2003 07:30 PM

L3as3d

Zzyzx 09-08-2003 08:22 PM

Sorry dude, dont like them

If i got spinners I'd have to kick my own ass.

iluvbritney 09-08-2003 09:46 PM

^ there are nice ones out there and they look pretty good on the big trucks

Mr.Modify 09-08-2003 09:57 PM

GET SPINNER HUBACAPS!!! :hgrin:

PopcornPlaya 09-13-2003 07:58 AM

speed and style used to carry 18 inch spinners (not the inserts that are added onto your wheels, actual spinners). they look ghey on an import, just my humble opinion. if i were getting spinners, they would be 26's and go on a truck/suv or minimus 20's on a luxury car. my boy's boss has a ferarri 550 with 20 inch spinners, and it looks bad as hell. he has close to 100 exotics/luxury cars/suv's/trucks/old school cars, but he is a collector of fine autos, so they are all bad ass. but yeah, spinners and imports do not go to well, IMO. but to each his own.

samcanadian 09-15-2003 09:11 AM

K, i was cruising sunday night, and I pull up to an Eagle Vision with add-on spinners. First of all, these wheels couldn't be more than 17's, and the spinners were wobbly!

I pulled up to him and asked him how much they cost, and he's all like "Bro, these were a couple grand" and i'm like "Hmm, they're kinda wobbly" and his girlfriend laughs, and as the guy's about to reply, I drove away.

Anyway, yeah, the spinners look silly...specially on an import...