Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Mid-Ohio Racing school (read: drive an RSX-S) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/38762-mid-ohio-racing-school-read-drive-rsx-s.html)

SpacemanBob 06-01-2002 06:02 PM

Mid-Ohio Racing school (read: drive an RSX-S)

I dunno if anyone has seen this before, but For $100 more ($725 compared to $625), you can use an RSX Type-S instead of your own car for the "Acura High-Performance" 1 day class. I might head down to Ohio over the summer and do this, but I might do it in my car so I can learn more about how it handles . . . dunno what I'll do yet.

Mid Ohio Racing school (http://www.midohioschool.com)

Spider883 06-01-2002 06:37 PM

gosh right now i wished i lived in ohio.

ShadyMilkMan 06-01-2002 06:59 PM

Why do that when you can drive a viper at skip barber? Or maybe drive an m3 or m5 at the m driving school in california? Oh yeah both of them are cheaper and prolly better than the acura driving school. What a rip off

SpacemanBob 06-02-2002 11:08 AM

well, the reason is that my parents wouldn't let me drive to cali or wherever skip barber is, but they WOULD let me drive to Ohio for mid-ohio; and they'll probably pay for part of the school anyways, my dad took a few Track Time courses and said that they not only improve racing skills, but street driving / avoiding accident skills, too.

ShadyMilkMan 06-02-2002 11:32 AM

yeah i guess if your right next to em thats cool, im right next to skip barber so im prolly gonna go there and drive a viper r/t hehehe my friends who happens to be extreamly rich wants to take his private jet with me to cali to go to the m driving school so hey maybe i will get to go to both [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

RallyEX 06-02-2002 11:37 AM

Or better yet, you can go to one of the Rally driving schools in New England or Cali... but WAIT! Wait one second! I have a theory! Maybe this gentleman wants to learn how to drive his OWN CAR BETTER... Driving a Viper or and M3 won't exactly do that because they are not what he owns... idiot. At Mid-Ohio you can drive your civic, their civics, or their RSX-S's. Being as they are mostly the same car, he's going to learn how to control his own car better.

When I have a viper, I'll go to the Skip Barber school... but guess what, it's an american car so I doubt I'll ever own it.

Besides, the skip barber school is $650 - $795 for a one day school... the low end price is the neon, high end is the viper... so it is not cheaper if you want to drive a viper... Plus I can't afford to drive as far just to pay to have Skip Barber teach me how to drive a car I don't even own.

Spacemanbob: I've been thinking about going to this school for a while. I've been up there for formula mazda and autocross races. It's a good solid deal and it isn't hard to get to/find. Go for it!

LJ 06-02-2002 11:45 AM

I took a class there for teens about a year ago, i drove a civic they had there (i think they had them just for the occasion) and its a really good class to take, they showed us a lot fo things, not just things that come with expierence, they showed us how to put the car into a slide, cause well, they had to teach us how to get it out of one!! very good classes

GriffO44 06-02-2002 12:52 PM

One of my friends went up there a few weeks ago he said it was awesome. He got to drive the civic though. But, he said it was definetely worth the money.

Griff

Silver2k1Dood 06-02-2002 02:53 PM

I attended the Skip Barber 2-day course in Arizona--18th birthday present from my Dad:tup:--and I really learned a lot of driving techniques. Back then they had the Saab-engined open wheel cars, which we got to actually race on the final day. I really believe that if all drivers were required to attend some type of high-performance driving course prior to being licensed, we wouldn't have so many accidents and people would even respect cars more--theirs and everyone else's.

The Ohio acura school does seem overpriced, but then, no one else has an Acura driving school...supply and demand. I say if you can afford it, go to as many as you can just so you can experience the differences in dynamics from one platform to the next. I only wish they had an NSX driving school...now there's a car I would love to drive on a track!