General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Mid-Ohio Racing school (read: drive an RSX-S)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpacemanBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Mid-Ohio Racing school (read: drive an RSX-S)

I dunno if anyone has seen this before, but For $100 more ($725 compared to $625), you can use an RSX Type-S instead of your own car for the "Acura High-Performance" 1 day class. I might head down to Ohio over the summer and do this, but I might do it in my car so I can learn more about how it handles . . . dunno what I'll do yet.

Mid Ohio Racing school (http://www.midohioschool.com)
Old 06-01-2002
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
gosh right now i wished i lived in ohio.
Old 06-01-2002
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Why do that when you can drive a viper at skip barber? Or maybe drive an m3 or m5 at the m driving school in california? Oh yeah both of them are cheaper and prolly better than the acura driving school. What a rip off
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

SpacemanBob is an unknown quantity at this point
well, the reason is that my parents wouldn't let me drive to cali or wherever skip barber is, but they WOULD let me drive to Ohio for mid-ohio; and they'll probably pay for part of the school anyways, my dad took a few Track Time courses and said that they not only improve racing skills, but street driving / avoiding accident skills, too.
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i guess if your right next to em thats cool, im right next to skip barber so im prolly gonna go there and drive a viper r/t hehehe my friends who happens to be extreamly rich wants to take his private jet with me to cali to go to the m driving school so hey maybe i will get to go to both [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

RallyEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Or better yet, you can go to one of the Rally driving schools in New England or Cali... but WAIT! Wait one second! I have a theory! Maybe this gentleman wants to learn how to drive his OWN CAR BETTER... Driving a Viper or and M3 won't exactly do that because they are not what he owns... idiot. At Mid-Ohio you can drive your civic, their civics, or their RSX-S's. Being as they are mostly the same car, he's going to learn how to control his own car better.

When I have a viper, I'll go to the Skip Barber school... but guess what, it's an american car so I doubt I'll ever own it.

Besides, the skip barber school is $650 - $795 for a one day school... the low end price is the neon, high end is the viper... so it is not cheaper if you want to drive a viper... Plus I can't afford to drive as far just to pay to have Skip Barber teach me how to drive a car I don't even own.

Spacemanbob: I've been thinking about going to this school for a while. I've been up there for formula mazda and autocross races. It's a good solid deal and it isn't hard to get to/find. Go for it!
Old 06-02-2002
LJ
Fernando The Donkey Lover

LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
I took a class there for teens about a year ago, i drove a civic they had there (i think they had them just for the occasion) and its a really good class to take, they showed us a lot fo things, not just things that come with expierence, they showed us how to put the car into a slide, cause well, they had to teach us how to get it out of one!! very good classes
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

GriffO44 is an unknown quantity at this point
One of my friends went up there a few weeks ago he said it was awesome. He got to drive the civic though. But, he said it was definetely worth the money.

Griff
Old 06-02-2002
Registered!!

Silver2k1Dood is an unknown quantity at this point
I attended the Skip Barber 2-day course in Arizona--18th birthday present from my Dad--and I really learned a lot of driving techniques. Back then they had the Saab-engined open wheel cars, which we got to actually race on the final day. I really believe that if all drivers were required to attend some type of high-performance driving course prior to being licensed, we wouldn't have so many accidents and people would even respect cars more--theirs and everyone else's.

The Ohio acura school does seem overpriced, but then, no one else has an Acura driving school...supply and demand. I say if you can afford it, go to as many as you can just so you can experience the differences in dynamics from one platform to the next. I only wish they had an NSX driving school...now there's a car I would love to drive on a track!