Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Quote of the day from Dealership (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/239154-quote-day-dealership.html)

scansel912 12-21-2005 03:49 PM

Quote of the day from Dealership

Today I finally got the OK on getting my transmission goodwilled for the 2nd time to get rebuilt. This time its the 3rd gear synchro going out (Still looking if there is a TSB or not). He gave me the same lecture on how modifying cars messes them up and how if he sees any gear damage, they won't fix it because that means its been abused ya ya ya. Ive been through all the before. But the quote of the day from the service manager is this: "Yeah, the 2001 transmissions are pretty much bullet proof, the only ones we rebuild are the teenage kids that abuse them." (referring to me in a sarcastic way)

I find this hilarious since there are over 30 TSB's or recalls. Anyone else have problems with their transmissions or have any thoughts when I bring my car in and they see I have nitrous.

scansel912 12-21-2005 03:51 PM

Also, I had complained about a 3rd gear grind and 2nd and 5th gear popping out at 35,000 miles, way before I had Nitrous or most of my other mods. That time, they had said lowering my car messed up the transmission.

dacivic 12-21-2005 04:13 PM

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=96673

Da1lyDr1ver 12-21-2005 04:19 PM

i would highly advise you to take out any traces you have of your nitrous system. thats just an excuse they'll use to not fix your car under warranty, regardless of you mentioning the problem before. its better to avoid this hassle than fight with them, IMO.

boostaddict 12-21-2005 05:53 PM

I work in an industry that deals with a lot of dealerships and modified trucks. There is an act, "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act" (15 U.S.C 2302(c)) - It basically states that unless a SPECIFIC aftermarket part can be proved to have damaged your car, then they have to warranty it. So, yea, pull the nitrous off - that definatley could be easily proven to work a tranny beyond its designed limits. However, lowering your car would not be able to get the dealership out of rebuilding the tranny. Also, some of the time if a specific VIN number (your car) gets multipule parts warrantied, it will flag corporate and they will send out someone to check it out that actually knows what he/she is talking about. If you indeed screwed it up, they will red flag the vehicle and you will not be able to get that part warrantied any more, at any dealership. I know, my trucks turbo got redflagged.

djmota 12-21-2005 07:35 PM

pull out your n20 kit before you take it in. beter safe than sorry

scansel912 12-21-2005 10:48 PM

I haven't what to take off and what not. I am going to take out the short shifter but I haven't really decided on the nitrous. I already told them its modded but the guy said the regional supervisor ok'd the goodwill work so I dunno.

scansel912 12-21-2005 10:49 PM

Hmmm, maybe a link that lets you print them off? I've been on here for over 3 years and you didn't think I would look at the stickys haha. Thanks though.

boricua_civic 12-21-2005 10:52 PM

take out the NOS please, will help you a lot. Say you had K&N typhoon...

MajinB 12-21-2005 11:14 PM

ok the stock tranny can handle up to 250 hp. and i don't think his NOS is a 120 shot lol. your synchros are gettin messed up cause of a few reasons
1. you shift bad- idk about it only you do. don't take offense
2. short shifter is doin it. shorter=faster=more synchro stress
3. your tranny is fluked. o well
4. if you ever skip shift without double clutching it messes up synchros also.

PrecisnTec 12-22-2005 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by MajinB
4. if you ever skip shift without double clutching it messes up synchros also.

Since our transmissions have Synchros, we do not need to double clutch.

HondaSales 12-22-2005 09:06 AM

whether your parts are installed or not when you bring it in, they will be able to tell. they can also tell if/how many times you hit the rev limiter and your driving style. good luck...

boricua_civic 12-22-2005 09:34 AM

whoa they can determine how many times we hit the rev limiter, uhh ohh :lol:

scansel912 12-22-2005 10:33 AM

Thats fine, I haven't missed a shift since when I first started driving and I would only miss 2nd gear. Short shifter isn't doing it because all it does is change the angle of the shift linkage. I don't really care too much about the nitrous either. Its documented I had the problem way before I had mods other than a muffler and intake. I can just argue that if they give me sh1t.

Zzyzx 12-22-2005 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by PrecisnTec
Since our transmissions have Synchros, we do not need to double clutch.

He said while "Skip shifting" AKA, shifting from say, 2nd to 4th.. (Skipping 3rd). in this case double clutchig would be a good thing. (be nice to your syncros)