General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Quote of the day from Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Quote of the day from Dealership

Today I finally got the OK on getting my transmission goodwilled for the 2nd time to get rebuilt. This time its the 3rd gear synchro going out (Still looking if there is a TSB or not). He gave me the same lecture on how modifying cars messes them up and how if he sees any gear damage, they won't fix it because that means its been abused ya ya ya. Ive been through all the before. But the quote of the day from the service manager is this: "Yeah, the 2001 transmissions are pretty much bullet proof, the only ones we rebuild are the teenage kids that abuse them." (referring to me in a sarcastic way)

I find this hilarious since there are over 30 TSB's or recalls. Anyone else have problems with their transmissions or have any thoughts when I bring my car in and they see I have nitrous.
Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Also, I had complained about a 3rd gear grind and 2nd and 5th gear popping out at 35,000 miles, way before I had Nitrous or most of my other mods. That time, they had said lowering my car messed up the transmission.
Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=96673
Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
i would highly advise you to take out any traces you have of your nitrous system. thats just an excuse they'll use to not fix your car under warranty, regardless of you mentioning the problem before. its better to avoid this hassle than fight with them, IMO.
Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

boostaddict is on a distinguished road
I work in an industry that deals with a lot of dealerships and modified trucks. There is an act, "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act" (15 U.S.C 2302(c)) - It basically states that unless a SPECIFIC aftermarket part can be proved to have damaged your car, then they have to warranty it. So, yea, pull the nitrous off - that definatley could be easily proven to work a tranny beyond its designed limits. However, lowering your car would not be able to get the dealership out of rebuilding the tranny. Also, some of the time if a specific VIN number (your car) gets multipule parts warrantied, it will flag corporate and they will send out someone to check it out that actually knows what he/she is talking about. If you indeed screwed it up, they will red flag the vehicle and you will not be able to get that part warrantied any more, at any dealership. I know, my trucks turbo got redflagged.
Old 12-21-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
pull out your n20 kit before you take it in. beter safe than sorry
Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

I haven't what to take off and what not. I am going to take out the short shifter but I haven't really decided on the nitrous. I already told them its modded but the guy said the regional supervisor ok'd the goodwill work so I dunno.
Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

Hmmm, maybe a link that lets you print them off? I've been on here for over 3 years and you didn't think I would look at the stickys haha. Thanks though.
Old 12-21-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
take out the NOS please, will help you a lot. Say you had K&N typhoon...
Old 12-21-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
ok the stock tranny can handle up to 250 hp. and i don't think his NOS is a 120 shot lol. your synchros are gettin messed up cause of a few reasons
1. you shift bad- idk about it only you do. don't take offense
2. short shifter is doin it. shorter=faster=more synchro stress
3. your tranny is fluked. o well
4. if you ever skip shift without double clutching it messes up synchros also.
Old 12-22-2005
PC Tech / Autocrosser

PrecisnTec will become famous soon enoughPrecisnTec will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MajinB
4. if you ever skip shift without double clutching it messes up synchros also.

Since our transmissions have Synchros, we do not need to double clutch.
Old 12-22-2005
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
whether your parts are installed or not when you bring it in, they will be able to tell. they can also tell if/how many times you hit the rev limiter and your driving style. good luck...
Old 12-22-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
whoa they can determine how many times we hit the rev limiter, uhh ohh
Old 12-22-2005
Registered!!

Thats fine, I haven't missed a shift since when I first started driving and I would only miss 2nd gear. Short shifter isn't doing it because all it does is change the angle of the shift linkage. I don't really care too much about the nitrous either. Its documented I had the problem way before I had mods other than a muffler and intake. I can just argue that if they give me ****.
Old 12-22-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PrecisnTec
Since our transmissions have Synchros, we do not need to double clutch.

He said while "Skip shifting" AKA, shifting from say, 2nd to 4th.. (Skipping 3rd). in this case double clutchig would be a good thing. (be nice to your syncros)