Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Is NOS! Illegal? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/189808-nos-illegal.html)

Civic_RedLine 12-30-2004 08:52 PM

Is NOS! Illegal?

Does anyone know for a fact, that NOS! is illegal?

Some people say it's illegal.

Some people say it's not illegal.

What the heck is it?

I always thought if it was on while driving, it's illegal.

Arith 12-30-2004 08:54 PM

depends on the state... so cali sucks for modding your car, **** THE POLICE!!!!

MrDibbs19 12-30-2004 08:56 PM

i think the law is illegal for use on regualre streets/roads... off road use only[track]... so if the po po pull you over.. make sure its unhooked and scream F*** Da POLICE at them

MrDibbs19 12-30-2004 08:57 PM

also this post should be moved to the legal forum

Akutenshi 12-30-2004 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Arith
so cali sucks for modding your car, **** THE POLICE!!!!

Amen.

Grumble 12-30-2004 09:09 PM

NOS is a brand name, and not by any stretch of the word a technical or scientific term for NO2(sic).

edited by: S2000man01

langauge filters are there for a reason. and quit flaming. it makes you look stupid, especially considering you yourself were just as wrong as him. NO2 is nitrite, not nitrous oxide. N2O is nitrous oxide.

Civic_RedLine 12-30-2004 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by MrDibbs19
also this post should be moved to the legal forum

Couldnt find it, so I just posted here.

Unhooked? You crazy? That sh1ts so ****ing dangerous to unhook. Especially without a purge kit.
I meant off as in the handle is off so you wont be able to use it either way because the nitrous tank will be closed off.

Im in South California, does anyone know* the law for NOOOOOOOS!

againifall 12-30-2004 09:11 PM

off road use only here.. you can have it.. but it cant be functional from the drivers seat.. aka you have to get out of the drivers seat to open the tanks..

Civic_RedLine 12-30-2004 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by againifall
off road use only here.. you can have it.. but it cant be functional from the drivers seat.. aka you have to get out of the drivers seat to open the tanks..

Cool, maybe it'll be the same here. I think that seems logical, but I'm hoping that is the law.

Civic_RedLine 12-30-2004 09:22 PM

The only reason I'm calling it NOS is because its easier than saying Nitrous.
Did you happen to ever read the bottle?
NOS is on the sticker.

xX03EXx 12-30-2004 09:37 PM

Nitrous is legal to have in your car, however, use on public roads is illigal. Race use on a close course is legal. Just read the warnings that come with bottle.

dirtySAMURAI 12-30-2004 09:48 PM

i'm thinking that nitrous is illegal to have in your car. i've heard of people getting pulled over for "racing" and then having a police search their car and finding a tank in the trunk (just the tank. no lines/hoses) and ticketing them for using nitrous.

white2K2EX 12-30-2004 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by infinite012
i'm thinking that nitrous is illegal to have in your car. i've heard of people getting pulled over for "racing" and then having a police search their car and finding a tank in the trunk (just the tank. no lines/hoses) and ticketing them for using nitrous.

Well, that's the thing... a lot of products say "for off-road use only." So, while the simple presense of that product might not be unlawful, the use of that product is. Having nitrous hooked up isn't, by itself, illegal. What you do with nitrous though...

shmik1 12-30-2004 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Civic_RedLine
NOS is on the sticker.

a NOS sticker is on the NOS bottle, ZEX nitrous doesnt have a NOS sticker :P

shmik1 12-30-2004 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Grumble
NOS is a brand name, and not by any stretch of the word a technical or scientific term for NO2(sic).

NO2 is scientific for nitrite, N2O is scientific for nitrous oxide.

Civic_RedLine 12-30-2004 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by shmik1
a NOS sticker is on the NOS bottle, ZEX nitrous doesnt have a NOS sticker :P

No my kit is Edelbrock and has NOS written on the sticker thats stuck on the bottle.

I still havent gotten a solid answer if its illegal or not. Can anyone prove with some sources maybe?

white2K2EX 12-30-2004 10:42 PM

Call your local police dept.

Tipsy_AA 12-30-2004 10:44 PM

if you get pulled over and its connected to the bottle, ur fuked...but if its unconnected...its straight...well this is how the law is in GA

Grumble 12-30-2004 10:48 PM

NOS is on the sticker.

Yes, NOS is on the sticker of a Nitrous Oxide brand called...... you guessed it, NOS!

jttegx 12-30-2004 10:48 PM

i would call your local police department, race track, or even racing school of some sort.

i wonder if any policemen mistaken nitrous for some air-ride lol.

Grumble 12-30-2004 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by shmik1
NO2 is scientific for nitrite, N2O is scientific for nitrous oxide.

My bad.... i wasn't too sure about that... :rtfm:

tinman 12-30-2004 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by infinite012

Just tell them you are a dentist :D

But, I don't know the law here in cali either. Sorry.

ricanswt 12-30-2004 11:10 PM

c'mon everybody join in:

NNNNOOOOSSSS!!!!

LMAO ^_^

shmik1 12-31-2004 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Grumble
My bad.... i wasn't too sure about that... :rtfm:

I just thought it was funny that ur trying to rip this guy a new @$$hole but yet u dont even do it properly :P

oh yea and the comment about Edelbrock NOS! maybe just ur hardware is from Edelbrock, only NOS brand Nitrous Oxide says NOS unless someone just slapped a sticker on, just like anything else..

but I dont really care everyone knows wut u mean if u say NOS, just like Roller Skates, Band Aids, Kleenex, etc

Civic_RedLine 12-31-2004 11:39 AM

who gives a shit. WHo calls Nitrous NOS now adays thinking that NOS IS NITROUS. I only saw one person in my life who did that.

All the people that are hating the word NOS SHOVE IT UP UR ASS!

GreatWhite02 12-31-2004 11:52 AM

yes it depends on the state! Most if not all states it is illegal to use nitrous on public streets! However it is not illegal for you to have a nitrous bottle in your car! Check with your local law enforcement for details!

shmik1 12-31-2004 11:54 AM

isnt there a non emergency # u can call?

2k3kansasEX 12-31-2004 12:02 PM

call your local popo and just ask them what the law situlates is the only way to be really sure

ricergribbs 12-31-2004 01:37 PM

non-emergency number is like 311 i think. but u shouldnt call that either, ur local PD should have a general phone number for like the front desk or something.

kornsined 12-31-2004 03:19 PM

Does anyone know for a fact, that NOS! is illegal?

Some people say it's illegal.

Some people say it's not illegal.

What the heck is it?

I always thought if it was on while driving, it's illegal.

If NOS is illegal then just by a Nitrous Express or Zex kit. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: