Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   Civic's and their many badges (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/176889-civics-their-many-badges.html)

vtecd17 10-06-2004 01:41 AM

Civic's and their many badges

Well we here at 7thgen civic.com are all familiar with our civics. We prefer to know the ins and outs of our model, horsepower, gear ratios, and all. But one thing that I must say that I have noticed about many Acura/Honda enthusiasts (or wannabEEs) is the ever so special eblem's and badges that are glued/epoxied to the rear of our beloved cars. Now to some, badges are just a way to indentify a vehicle, to others, they are the pride and joy of the car: and they love to show them off. Basically what I'm gettin at here is, people need to stop swapping out badges, falsely trying to bump up their attention level. Around here in IL, in the suburb of Mundelein. Honda's and Acura's are a norm on the road. Something you will begin to notice after seeing enough of these cars, is that cars seem to be confused, or their owners anyway. An example would be the civic sitting outside of a Best Buy. Approaching the obvious 04 LX model, you notice something...something different. Why, this LX seems to think that it is an Si. As the "H" honda eblem has been swapped with a red one, and what looks like a "ripped off" half glued Si eblems graces the spot where the LX would be. You see, this is not neccessary, as it just confuses, and pokes fun at your car. Another example would be a most interesting 95 civic. Sporting a hefty coffee can (really i thought it was) muffler. It bore the "A" Acura eblem on the trunk, Honda Emblem on the front. Now..How could this be? Perhaps a most interesting swap had been made to accomodate these new badges..But it was doubful. I've even seen Civics bearing the Prelude "SH". All I am saying is, be proud of what your car is. Don't swap your emblem for a more respected one, ESPECIALLY if you don't posses anything near what the eblem stands for. Enjoy your DX, LX, EX, HX, and CX badges people!!

jfan 10-06-2004 02:04 AM

That must really bother you. I do have a blue emblem though minus the unnecessary badging.

Da1lyDr1ver 10-06-2004 02:11 AM

dude, if it really bothers you that much then dont look at the car. people will always do whatever they like to their cars so who gives a fcuk? i got a red badge...

jonnyg 10-06-2004 02:14 AM

dude, if this thread really bothers you ^ dont post..... :tongue: just bein' an ass

jttegx 10-06-2004 02:18 AM

haha

Civicccc 10-06-2004 02:18 AM

I dont mind the color change as long as it remains the matching badge. But it is stupid to try to "upgrade" the car by putting a higher end vehicle badge on it.

project: EM2k4 10-06-2004 02:19 AM

lol.... ummm yeah... most of us are used to seeing "ricers", so isn't it about time u get with the program? there isn't much u can do about it except for ripping off their badges... just don't get caught okay.... hahahaha

vtecd17 10-06-2004 04:01 AM

bleh, I wasn't trying to insult you guys with different colored badges, and I am most used to "ricers". I was just pointing the post toward how I don't think its a good idea to put upgraded eblems on (Exampl- Type R badges) a car that doesn't match them. I didn't mean to come off like an ass.

dalaw 10-06-2004 05:02 AM

Well if some damn kids didnt steal my H I dont have to buy a blue H to put it back on.

dalaw 10-06-2004 05:09 AM

cant get any worst than a guy i saw who pulled off his C-A-M-R-Y and put on L-E-X-U-S. LOL

project: EM2k4 10-06-2004 05:16 AM

^^^^ lol now that's just lame.... ^^^^

PCaly2112 10-06-2004 07:43 AM

I dunno, some kid at school took off his VW badge in the front of his golf and replaced it with the 4-circle audi sign, thats pretty bad, no other mods to the car at all

Danman114 10-06-2004 08:19 AM

I think this is a bigger deal with the more expensive cars. Examples:
Adding an S4 emblem, M3 or M5 emblem, or for Mercedes putting on a Kompressor or the other one (drawing a blank). The difference between a dx and ex is like 4g's or so. With Euro cars its closer to 15 g difference.

On a side not, there is a Mercury Couger Type S at my T stop. And just so you KNOW its a Type S, there are 2 badges on the bumper, and one on the dash...

gearbox 10-06-2004 08:36 AM

Only way to tell what my car is would be the moonroof. I don't need all the advertising badges all over the rear. Everyone knows it's a civic, and who cares if it's lx or ex.

xxnoshelterxx 10-06-2004 08:40 AM

i put an m3 badge on my car and now it has 333 horsepower

Mischieflts 10-06-2004 11:00 AM

emblems? I shaved/filled all the emblems off the car! I actually don't see the point of them after a while. I mean sure car companies put their logos so people will see it and buy more cars. but some cars look better, and cleaner without badges. Especially the "Civic" and the "EX" on the back because nobody gives a rats ass what make it is, let alone what TRIM modem it is, oh no, ITS AN EX! it has 25 more hp!! :_doh:

TeLLy 10-06-2004 11:16 AM

EL owners get it bad, cause people from the states think we just rebadged Civics. My member's ride gallery was rife with "you're a ricer for putting on an Acura logo".

My fave:

Originally Posted by Cyko
Hey, why don't ya put a chevy emblem on there while yer at it.....

Dumbass....

bluestreak 10-06-2004 11:16 AM

Shave It

againifall 10-06-2004 06:32 PM

speaking of shaving the emblem.. i wanna take my LX off.. is it glued or or screwed on?.. and since its an 02.. if i took it off now.. would it leave a bad shadow?

sorry im new.. i dont know these things yet..

gh0st 10-06-2004 06:50 PM

"civic" and "lx," "ex," etc are glued...H has these prongs on it

kornsined 10-06-2004 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by TeLLy
EL owners get it bad, cause people from the states think we just rebadged Civics. My member's ride gallery was rife with "you're a ricer for putting on an Acura logo".

My fave:
Dumbass....

hey telly they're just jealous they don't get it down there:cool:

MORG655 10-06-2004 08:22 PM

I have a red honda badge and everything else is shaved.. The only reason for the red honda badge is because it adds 20hp.

Danman114 10-06-2004 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by againifall
speaking of shaving the emblem.. i wanna take my LX off.. is it glued or or screwed on?.. and since its an 02.. if i took it off now.. would it leave a bad shadow?

sorry im new.. i dont know these things yet..

Glued... the H will leaves hoes though... my EX fell off...

againifall 10-06-2004 09:53 PM

sweet thanks... i can handle doing this on my own...
"now wheres my air chisle and grinder?!?!1?" :)

xproductionz 10-06-2004 10:04 PM

my car has no idnetiying badges whatsoever.. all GONE and SHAVED.. so i let people use the imaginations ang guess what kind of car it is

Changu-San 10-06-2004 10:24 PM

oh...does that include me? i took off my "EX" "H"s and "Civic" emblems. i just got my spoon struts in last week so i took off my rear "H" and replaced them with the spoon sticker. oh yeah one up front too. :D does this bother you?

mugenman 10-07-2004 02:27 AM

1st of all i took off the civic and ex badge it stumps some people and on another note my buddy gave me some fake tickets from like ricecop.com or something to put on ricey cars. i dont know the exact website but its something like that. some cars dont deserve those tickets but others that are blatently ricey do!

modoman 10-07-2004 02:46 AM

if i really had something that was more top of the line, id prefer to shave the emblems and let ppl find out the hard way...

btw shavin just takes some dental floss and some elbow grease

Mischieflts 10-07-2004 10:16 AM

i should get some pics up of the back of my car. they really look sick with the holes filled/everything removed. if you want to remove the other logos, they aren't "glued' on they come from the factory with a high level adhesive backing. the best method to remove the adhesive residue is to get goof off or rubbing alcohol and rub away.

WhiteCastle 10-07-2004 10:42 AM

People with upside down A or even A logos usually have an acura swapped engine. Thier is also the same code in decales for those earlier gens with swapped h22 etc.
always be weary of those cars some look like ricers but thats the look they want to give you before they kill the poor fool that races them. This is only some.
personally I hate badges so I took them all off except my H because they would leave holes without them on trunk lid and the front grill its embeded