Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Mid West (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/27-mid-west)
-   -   Detroit: New forum for '03 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/27-mid-west/69966-detroit-new-forum-03-a.html)

xHoteKx 02-01-2003 01:00 AM

recaros :tup: those are some nice ass comfy seats

PlatnumBomb 02-02-2003 12:47 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: STYLIN2K2
Bobby! Here is a picture of the seats[hr]
Those look comfy...How much did you pay for those???

MagicRacing18 02-02-2003 11:42 PM

Man, I was wonderin why I was gettin no emails for the Detroit thread.. BECAUSE YOU STARTED A NEW ONE AND DID NOT TELL ME [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]:_doh::_doh: just kiddin :) anyways.. This spring I'm going to order the boomex front and sides and kamanri (sp?) rear :) oh and stylin.. GREAT JOB ON RIDE OF THE WEEK "eminem voice" DETROIT WHAT! Later all

~nick~

xHoteKx 02-03-2003 06:01 AM

oh no shit. congrats edgar!

bobbyd 02-03-2003 07:45 AM

Yes, way to go Edgar!

STYLIN2K2 02-03-2003 08:45 AM

Thanks guys! the big D representing. I never thought i would get ride of the week, but thats cool

bobbyd 02-03-2003 08:54 AM

Thanks guys! the big D representing. I never thought i would get ride of the week, but thats cool[hr]
We know you paid off the moderators Edgar [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] Car looks good man. You must of had a professional photgrapher take the pics huh? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

STYLIN2K2 02-03-2003 08:59 AM

Yeah! he goes by the name BobbyD aka Frank Jr[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

bobbyd 02-03-2003 09:56 AM

Yeah! he goes by the name BobbyD aka Frank Jr[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Hey guys, the XCEEDSPEED.COM video is out. Is sweet too! I got mine last night and watched it. There is a few shots of my ride and one shot of it leaving the BBQ, they got Tomo leaving the BBQ, they got Edgar and me standing out at the M-59 / Mound meet. Somem good footage.

Oh, and Platnum, your ride is on it too. At the mound show and the detail day I think. It looked like your ride in there.

xHoteKx 02-03-2003 05:09 PM

yay! i made the vid!! now i have to buy it

STYLIN2K2 02-03-2003 05:52 PM

Didnt know you become a celeb when you win car of the week getting alot of emails and congrats :tup:

bobbyd 02-03-2003 06:35 PM

Didnt know you become a celeb when you win car of the week getting alot of emails and congrats :tup:[hr]
Can I get your autograph? Will go good with my autograph collection [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

xHoteKx 02-04-2003 06:02 AM

now edgar's got ride of the week here and over at xceed. but isnt xceed's ride of the month?

bobbyd 02-04-2003 09:32 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: xHoteKx
now edgar's got ride of the week here and over at xceed. but isnt xceed's ride of the month?[hr]
Yes

xHoteKx 02-04-2003 12:53 PM

YAY! i get my car back today. latest 5 o'clock, but steve (manager of the bodyshop) said that it should be done between 330 and 4. woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: finally got my car back in the garage. funny thing happened when i picked it up. the service manager asked me "hey you know brad from xceed right?" and i tell him "yea, i know him. cool guy" and he tells me "yea, my brother actually lives with his brother." wat a small world we live in. lol

bobbyd 02-04-2003 08:24 PM

YAY! i get my car back today. latest 5 o'clock, but steve (manager of the bodyshop) said that it should be done between 330 and 4. woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: finally got my car back in the garage. funny thing happened when i picked it up. the service manager asked me "hey you know brad from xceed right?" and i tell him "yea, i know him. cool guy" and he tells me "yea, my brother actually lives with his brother." wat a small world we live in. lol[hr]
No kidding? Brad's brother is G-Money and G-Money is roomates with Switch. So you met Switch's (Matt's) brother. Very cool. I did not know Matt had Honda contacts. :)

xHoteKx 02-04-2003 08:28 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: bobbyd

EDIT: finally got my car back in the garage. funny thing happened when i picked it up. the service manager asked me "hey you know brad from xceed right?" and i tell him "yea, i know him. cool guy" and he tells me "yea, my brother actually lives with his brother." wat a small world we live in. lol[hr]
No kidding? Brad's brother is G-Money and G-Money is roomates with Switch. So you met Switch's (Matt's) brother. Very cool. I did not know Matt had Honda contacts. :)[hr]
actually he was the service desk dude for volkswagen. but its in the same building

:_doh::_doh: ingall camber kits are on backorder til the end of this month:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

STYLIN2K2 02-04-2003 10:05 PM

Hows the car look? did they do a good job?

CrazyCakes 02-04-2003 11:17 PM

what up all? kinda new to the honda scene, just thought I'd throw in a hello. anyone in the royal oak area??

xHoteKx 02-05-2003 06:05 AM

when you look at the car, it looks fine n dandy, but the door closes kinda funny now. it has trouble closing, like i have to kinda slam it shut. and when i do, it makes this hollow metal bangin noise.. so i duno, im takin it back soon to have them check it out:_doh:

MagicRacing18 02-05-2003 08:39 AM

Hey xHotekx.. why was the civ in the shop?? I must have missed something [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

~nick~

bobbyd 02-05-2003 08:58 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: MagicRacing18
Hey xHotekx.. why was the civ in the shop?? I must have missed something [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

~nick~[hr]
Tomo's buddy side swiped his butt. There are pics on this thread somewhere.

And Welcome Crazy Cakes

xHoteKx 02-05-2003 10:13 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: MagicRacing18

~nick~[hr]
yea it was.. my friend backed up into the driver side of it last week

MagicRacing18 02-05-2003 12:04 PM

Damn, just looked at the pic's... piss poor. At least you got it fixed, and it did not seem like it took the body shop that long either :tup: Shoulda put M3 mirrors on your ride though, I'm sure they would not be that much more than 1 stock mirror.. Ebay for like 78 bucks, power too. Later

~nick~

MagicRacing18 02-05-2003 12:20 PM

WOW.. I just looked up and hey... I HAVE SENIOR MEMBER STATUS :):) Bout time, only took me just short of a year :_doh::_doh: Must have just gottin it this morning. [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] for me :):)

~nick~

bobbyd 02-05-2003 12:52 PM

[hr][i]Originally posted by: xHoteKxyea it was.. my friend backed up into the driver side of it last week while I was trying to blow in his ear while he was driving.[hr]
SICK A$$!

hahahaha

Swing the car by my house man and I will take a look at it for you Tomo. The door miht be a simple fix.

xHoteKx 02-06-2003 02:01 PM

bobby, screw you. lol you free tomorrow? i just gotta meet up with kev to pickup my xceed vid tomorrow sometime after 630 at Red Robins on eureka. call my cell tonite, i'll be workin from 4 to 930ish, but just leave a voicemessage and i'll call ya back after work

blackcivic28 02-06-2003 07:14 PM

I have been on this site for about a month now and I finally checked out the midwest forum, I am from Chelsea (it is west of ann arbor), so I wouldnt really consider myself a part of the Detroit metro area. I am trying to find places that would install some parts for me. I am thinking about getting a dual exhaust with 2.5" piping and maybe a new header. Where could I go in the Ann Arbor area to get this?

Here is My Ride
You can see what I am planning to get, any suggestions?

Thx

STYLIN2K2 02-06-2003 09:27 PM

Welcome to the detroit forum hope tp see you stay active in this forum :tup: as for any installation places in annarbor i dont know to much even if there is any but im sure there is.

xHoteKx 02-06-2003 09:30 PM

you could try Autowerks up in warren, but that might be a lil far for you. but thats the only respectable shop around.. there is also flexivity down here in the downriver area (southgate) but i dont know how they are when it comes to installs.

as for your car, i wouldnt go with dual exhaust.. IMO it doesnt look right on our cars, but if you want, go for it. also if you're gettin the rims, drop it. unless you drop, its gonna look like a 4x4.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] also you should look into clearing your headlights, but dont get the projectors, heard you cant see shit when its raining.. and another easy mod, is the shave your emblems, makes the rear end look so much smoother :tup: besides those, you got a pretty good start. and oh, Welcome to the site. look forward to meetin up with ya sometime in the spring/summer time