Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Engine Performance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance)
-   -   improving low end (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance/214696-improving-low-end.html)

jttegx 06-03-2005 02:22 AM

improving low end

exclude intake, exhaust, and cat/downpipe..(and all FI related)

what is a bolt on mod that will improve your low end (torque)? im willing to sacrafice my high end for low end as well.

im thinking a 4-1 header, but i read upon a website where 4-1 headers help out the higher rpm band. and i havent seen a 4-2-1 shorty header quite yet for the 7gc.

vtecd17 06-03-2005 02:42 AM

To really improve low end torque and power I believe your talking internals. No bolt on will really improve your low end.

For my engine build, I'm looking into the new Crower Cam, tuned obviously. Higher compression pistons, new rods (crower prob), ARP Headstuds and what not, u get picture.

The only real way to do it is internals, everything else will benefit even more off of internals, exp. intake, headers, exhuast. You'll see alot more gains througout the powerband.

In a nutshell, get your internals on there.

TemjinX2 06-03-2005 03:16 AM

engine heater bypass that gearbox wrote up.

2K1Civic17"Gabe 06-04-2005 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
engine heater bypass that gearbox wrote up.

wont help your low end, lol. WIll just help it start easier. And if you live in a city that snows in the winter. do not to that bypass.

I did it when i installed my turbo, so Im not sure if it made a difference, but its not gonna give you power.

not much to do other than internals (higher compression, cam, whatever. nitrous is the cheapest way.

909 06-04-2005 05:46 PM

Good luck..

gearbox 06-04-2005 06:06 PM

the tb bypass is dyno proven to give hp already. maybe go with kamikaze 4-1 header it gave good midrange. Also the K&N typhoon surprisingly gave better low/mid power. vafcii is useful once you're done cause I added fuel...my lower rpms were lean so I added more fuel and got a few extra hp.

TemjinX2 06-04-2005 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
wont help your low end, lol. WIll just help it start easier. And if you live in a city that snows in the winter. do not to that bypass.

I did it when i installed my turbo, so Im not sure if it made a difference, but its not gonna give you power.

not much to do other than internals (higher compression, cam, whatever. nitrous is the cheapest way.

^^^^^

Originally Posted by gearbox
the tb bypass is dyno proven to give hp already. maybe go with kamikaze 4-1 header it gave good midrange. Also the K&N typhoon surprisingly gave better low/mid power. vafcii is useful once you're done cause I added fuel...my lower rpms were lean so I added more fuel and got a few extra hp.

what he said lol.

se7engen_riDe 06-04-2005 09:19 PM

the AEM tru power pulleys will give you better low end. and so will the unorthodox crank pulley.