Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/21-i-c-e-audio-electrical-upgrades)
-   -   05 lx a/c whole system going off randomly (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/21-i-c-e-audio-electrical-upgrades/374584-05-lx-c-whole-system-going-off-randomly.html)

Andym 10-13-2018 11:18 PM

05 lx a/c whole system going off randomly

05 civic lx 124,000miles only owner me,
the a/c system and cabin blower shutting down randomly, at first I thought it was the battery and replace it and I also cleaned the battery ground that goes to chassis and engine but it didn't change nothing. Also the headlights flickering when it happens

I'm guessing I can't be the only with this issue?

ezone 10-14-2018 01:23 PM

Re: 05 lx a/c whole system going off randomly

What about lights flickering?

If the blower fan in the dash quits, the HVAC system WILL turn off the AC compressor.
Fix the blower fan problem first.

If you can smack the bottom of the fan motor and it starts working again, the motor is bad. (or wiring problem, but motor failure is probably more common)
I don't suspect the power transistor yet because you seem to indicate the fan only quits intermittently.

Andym 10-14-2018 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 4752831)
What about lights flickering?

If the blower fan in the dash quits, the HVAC system WILL turn off the AC compressor.
Fix the blower fan problem first.

If you can smack the bottom of the fan motor and it starts working again, the motor is bad. (or wiring problem, but motor failure is probably more common)
I don't suspect the power transistor yet because you seem to indicate the fan only quits intermittently.

Wow, thanks you so much for letting me know, now I know where to focus on cause the fan motor have been making a noise on lower-med speed like sign of wear.
The first symptoms I once noticed was flickering dashboard instrument lights, the radio went off and air system too, that happened once and I thought immediately it had to be the battery since it was a Walmart low cost battery and not exact fit which I used for over a year. I replaced the battery for other brand but the problem continues now with the dashboard fan motor hvac and headlights flickering at night​​

Andym 10-15-2018 10:16 AM

Wow, thanks you so much for letting me know, now I know where to focus on cause the fan motor have been making a noise on lower-med speed like sign of wear.
The first symptoms I once noticed was flickering dashboard instrument lights, the radio went off and air system too, that happened once and I thought immediately it had to be the battery since it was a Walmart low cost battery and not exact fit which I used for over a year. I replaced the battery for other brand but the problem continues now with the dashboard fan motor hvac and headlights flickering at night​​