Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Sounds with I/E/H (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/40557-sounds-i-e-h.html)

LeroyBrown 06-13-2002 02:42 PM

Sounds with I/E/H

I did a good deal of searching, but couldn't come up with anything that was satisfying, so i decided to post.. i've already ordered my TCS exhaust and AEM intake, but am concerned about the loudness of my car if i add new headers.. how much louder would the CAI/TCS combination be if i added DC Sports headers.. can anybody who has the TCS w/ headers and CAI post clips of their cars sound, or at least give me an idea if there's a difference/what it is? thanks a lot..

IDQcivic 06-13-2002 02:48 PM

Our cars only have 1 header, anyways... The intake and header shouldnt be that loud unless you really get on it, its the catback exhaust that makes things louder, due to the bigger piping.. Later...

LOWBOY 06-13-2002 03:06 PM

If you think the intake shouldnt be loud, go listen to AFlyers ride. He has a AEM CAI, and believe me, its sounds awesome. It sounds better than my celica IMO.

iceman 06-13-2002 05:21 PM

i believe that someone posted a clip awhile ago...of their magnaflow exhaust as well as their friends dc sports tcs exhaust w intake and header...

LeroyBrown 06-15-2002 11:01 AM

thnx, lemme look around a little more... i'll try to track down that clip

WhiteRiceBoi 06-18-2002 01:05 PM

as far as i know my friend had an intake, it sounded decent, then he got a GReddy EVO exhaust and it sounded ricey, like a buzzing bee, then he got headers and it didnt get any louder but it now sounds like a performance car when he revs its kinda cool, its not overly loud, but very satisfying.

bhaz413 06-18-2002 01:55 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: LeroyBrown
I did a good deal of searching, but couldn't come up with anything that was satisfying, so i decided to post.. i've already ordered my TCS exhaust and AEM intake, but am concerned about the loudness of my car if i add new headers.. how much louder would the CAI/TCS combination be if i added DC Sports headers.. can anybody who has the TCS w/ headers and CAI post clips of their cars sound, or at least give me an idea if there's a difference/what it is? thanks a lot..[hr]
i have dc headers, dc exhuast and a aem intake. not too loud, performence is good. you will be ok

LJ 06-18-2002 02:48 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: bhaz413

[hr]Originally posted by: LeroyBrown
I did a good deal of searching, but couldn't come up with anything that was satisfying, so i decided to post.. i've already ordered my TCS exhaust and AEM intake, but am concerned about the loudness of my car if i add new headers.. how much louder would the CAI/TCS combination be if i added DC Sports headers.. can anybody who has the TCS w/ headers and CAI post clips of their cars sound, or at least give me an idea if there's a difference/what it is? thanks a lot..[hr]
i have dc headers, dc exhuast and a aem intake. not too loud, performence is good. you will be ok[hr]
how did u fit 2 on our car??