Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   big surprise from UPS today! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/40111-big-surprise-ups-today.html)

mastercave 06-11-2002 02:30 AM

big surprise from UPS today!

When I got home from work today I found 5 packages waiting for me from UPS!! First was my Injen CAI which I ordered from ptuning.com but recieved straight from the Injen warehouse. The second was my Kumosports Directshift conversion, third was the Revo technica short shifter from tornactive, fourth was my RSX shiftknob. Fifth was just a bunch of DVDs from amazon. I installed everything today and only finished around 9:30. The shiftknob feels great and not too flashy, great addition to the interior. The short shifter feel so cool also! The shifting is so short!!! I'm not so sure what the hell the bushings are doing under the shifting piece, but oh well...and finally, the CAI...OMG, I can feel the extra power when accelerating! It took me longer to install because I couldn't figure out how to connect the temp thing because I had left the adapter in my stock whatever. But after more thinking I figured it out and I feel very good after a few hours of work. Amazing how everything came on the same day!

Hefe 06-11-2002 02:39 AM

SWEET........
I bet you had the biggest hard-on

BlackSI 06-11-2002 02:44 AM

Good job! bet you were excited

mastercave 06-11-2002 03:00 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: Hefe
SWEET........
I bet you had the biggest hard-on[hr]
You betcha! I had to go to my room for an hour before I could start working on the car, hehe

SLeePeR012 06-11-2002 06:29 AM

Im jus suprised that 'OPPS' i mean 'UPS' didnt fug up on 5 packages.

CIVICMAN67 06-11-2002 08:46 AM

I always like it when s*%t works like that! I have a few things ordered myself due Wed.

netcbc 06-11-2002 09:39 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: Hefe
SWEET........
I bet you had the biggest hard-on[hr]

hah thats jokes, i put in the CAI myself, that wasn't fun

xxxhardcorexxx 06-11-2002 10:11 AM

congrats on your new toys! i'm also suprised that UPS got an order that size right....they have issues with delivering even one....

JayGrl

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE 06-11-2002 10:18 AM

[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: mastercave
OMG, I can feel the extra power when accelerating![QUOTE]Quote
[hr]

you must be joking right? you can feel the extra 1 hp??

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

its all in your head there buddy, nobody is that in tune with the feel of their car. trust me the sound gives you the impression.

BigHippo22 06-11-2002 11:04 AM

My parents are always real surprised when UPS comes to my house, cause I didn't tell them I was expecting mywheels and tires and a body kit, and they all came in the same week. It's great when UPS doesn't screw up!

2k1CivicNsc 06-11-2002 11:18 AM

i think its funny when the ups man screws up and has a ton of boxes fall on them. seen it one time when they were delivering my wheels and strut bar and it was the funniest thing i have ever seen in my life. it wasnt my stuff falling on him so it was all good

TEKNIQ 06-11-2002 11:30 AM

At least your weRe'nt like that one guy that was so excited he even took a picture of the ups truck pulling up..... [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

kristy 06-11-2002 11:34 AM

yeah I am expecting a few things this week as well, lower grill and kaminari wing. All I have to say is they better be extra careful with that wing, thats the last thing in the world i would wanna see fall outta the truck:susp:
HAHAHA Tekniq I remember that guy, that was a good laugh!

TEKNIQ 06-12-2002 03:30 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: kristy
yeah I am expecting a few things this week as well, lower grill and kaminari wing. All I have to say is they better be extra careful with that wing, thats the last thing in the world i would wanna see fall outta the truck:susp:
HAHAHA Tekniq I remember that guy, that was a good laugh![hr]
Make sure to get us some pics of that new Wing......[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

NickDaMans02Civic 06-12-2002 04:42 AM

WOW I think I just need to order some stuff LOL but wait I am broke thats right HAHA Plus my rims I can't get till after summer working. Oh well yeah taking photos of the UPS truck coming up wow that is one excited person.

Nick

MightyMouse 06-13-2002 12:37 AM

On your shifter knob, what does it look like? I was wanting a RSX shift knob, I have seen one on hondawerx.com, but it the ball shape. I saw somewhere on here when I was looking though members rides, but it wasn't the balls shape. The shape of the one I saw was somewhat like ours in civics, but it was silver, and more of joystick shape to it? Does anybody know where you can get one like this cheap. My girlfriend was going to pick one up for me, but she called to tell me that they were going to cost 65 bucks. Or have I confused everyone on what type of shift knob it is?? thanks

MightyMouse 06-13-2002 12:45 AM

On your shifter knob, what does it look like? I was wanting a RSX shift knob, I have seen one on hondawerx.com, but it the ball shape. I saw somewhere on here when I was looking though members rides, but it wasn't the balls shape. The shape of the one I saw was somewhat like ours in civics, but it was silver, and more of joystick shape to it? Does anybody know where you can get one like this cheap. My girlfriend was going to pick one up for me, but she called to tell me that they were going to cost 65 bucks. Or have I confused everyone on what type of shift knob it is?? thanks

02EXCoupeGuy 06-13-2002 01:57 AM

Now just post pics of your ride, so we can all see the hard work you put into it.:tup:

DrJEKYLL007 06-13-2002 02:07 AM

Man, it has got to be really great to be able to just order parts and when you get them, just slap them right in like that. I get nervous about stuff and like to get it prof. installed. So I have to factor that into the overall costs. It sucks, wish I was more mech. inclined.

mastercave 06-13-2002 02:22 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: MightyMouse
On your shifter knob, what does it look like? I was wanting a RSX shift knob, I have seen one on hondawerx.com, but it the ball shape. I saw somewhere on here when I was looking though members rides, but it wasn't the balls shape. The shape of the one I saw was somewhat like ours in civics, but it was silver, and more of joystick shape to it? Does anybody know where you can get one like this cheap. My girlfriend was going to pick one up for me, but she called to tell me that they were going to cost 65 bucks. Or have I confused everyone on what type of shift knob it is?? thanks[hr]
I got the 5-speed RSX knob. It's pretty much shaped like our stock 5-speed, but it is shorter and sorta more rounded compared to the "balloon" shape we got. I ordered mine from acura-carland.com, the total came out to about $38, be sure to let them know you want the 5-speed.

[hr]Originally posted by: DrJEKYLL007
Man, it has got to be really great to be able to just order parts and when you get them, just slap them right in like that. I get nervous about stuff and like to get it prof. installed. So I have to factor that into the overall costs. It sucks, wish I was more mech. inclined.[hr]
I'm actually new to this whole car mod thing. I never took any interest in it until I got my own car. My brother who is a fanatic and has many ricer friends helped me with the installation. I pretty much read the instructions, watched, and watched and once in awhile stepped in when I see something. There's a special feeling after installing everything and taking it out for the first time like that. Next installation, catback...

TEKNIQ 06-13-2002 02:57 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: MightyMouse
On your shifter knob, what does it look like? I was wanting a RSX shift knob, I have seen one on hondawerx.com, but it the ball shape. I saw somewhere on here when I was looking though members rides, but it wasn't the balls shape. The shape of the one I saw was somewhat like ours in civics, but it was silver, and more of joystick shape to it? Does anybody know where you can get one like this cheap. My girlfriend was going to pick one up for me, but she called to tell me that they were going to cost 65 bucks. Or have I confused everyone on what type of shift knob it is?? thanks[hr]

Check out this THREAD

AzNmiKex215 06-13-2002 07:51 PM

christmas all over again.. joy to the world [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

iceman 06-13-2002 10:33 PM

haha...congrats...i know how it feelz...finally got my progress springs in the mail..now im waitin for my cambers to be shipped to my house

Bartkat 06-13-2002 10:48 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: NickDaMans02Civic
WOW I think I just need to order some stuff LOL but wait I am broke thats right HAHA Plus my rims I can't get till after summer working. Oh well yeah taking photos of the UPS truck coming up wow that is one excited person.

Nick[hr]
Just get someone to send you some empty boxes. It's still so thrilling to see that UPS truck pull up. Besides, my UPS driver is a lady and she ain't all that bad a looking.