Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   short shifters (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/38872-short-shifters.html)

Handog 06-02-2002 10:45 PM

short shifters

i was wanting to find a good short shifter. and also i was wanting to know what the point of the DC Sport shifter adapter was all about. shout me a holla. thanks

RedDragon333 06-02-2002 10:50 PM

GET the Revo Short shifter and kumo sport bushings that combo. is the sh!t

TEKNIQ 06-02-2002 11:31 PM

Yeah, REvo+Kumo+RSXKnob=:)

blahblahblahblahblah 06-03-2002 02:00 PM

why is everyone getting the rsx knob?

TEKNIQ 06-03-2002 02:09 PM

Its alot more confortable.....Personally I like it because its a Hella-lot shorter(meaning:No more spilt soda's hitting long-ass stock knob...)

Mbow 06-03-2002 02:35 PM

I have the revo ss with the khumo bushings and absolutely love the combo. I am still using the stock knob but plan to get the titanium ctr knob. I want a solid feeling knob.

mullinad 06-03-2002 04:30 PM

I want to get the revo ss ~ about how much does the price run...?

TEKNIQ 06-04-2002 01:11 AM

Check out TORNACTIVE $90

blahblahblahblahblah 06-04-2002 04:34 PM

about how much shorter is the shift with the dc sports short shift adapter?

Grey 06-04-2002 04:44 PM

Check this out: PICS: Revo Technica + KumoSport + RSX I think it's the best combination. Maybe the titanium RSX shift knob would feel more solid, but this is still very good.

TEKNIQ 06-05-2002 01:41 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: blahblahblahblahblah
about how much shorter is the shift with the dc sports short shift adapter?[hr]

There's no need to get any adapter if your getting the REVO.......The newer versions of REVO already have the relocated cable point built in to it......thats all the adapters do is relocate the cable higher.....

DMX 06-05-2002 01:53 AM

I have the dc sports short shifter adapter with a razo shift knob...
its like night and day...
it used to feel like i was driving a truck but now it actually feels like im drivin a sports car! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

lordryan 06-05-2002 01:18 PM

I've got the dc adaptore an I love it, the change from stock is amazing,
but all of yall are prazing this REVO shifter.
Is it really that much better, and if so where can I get it?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Grey 06-05-2002 03:38 PM

Autodynamic.com or Ebay or tornactive.com
From highest price to lowest price.
I happened to get mine off of Ebay.

Juggaman 06-05-2002 04:05 PM

I got the Revo SS a couple weeks ago...took about 30 minutes to install...I would have to say that it makes a bigger difference than when I installed the AEM CAI. Its wonderful! :tup: :tup: The throws are supposedly 40% shorter than stock...I don't doubt it since I can go from 1st to 2nd with a flick of the wrist now.

02CivicEX 06-05-2002 09:24 PM

is there any modifications that have to be done to install the revo SS or is it a perfect swap?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

lilbluecivic 06-05-2002 09:52 PM

i never would have thought it made that much of a difference

TEKNIQ 06-06-2002 02:13 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: 02CivicEX
is there any modifications that have to be done to install the revo SS or is it a perfect swap?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][hr]

Theres some extra room where one of the cables attach.......Grey sent me a couple little washers that eliminated this....he also sent me some heavy duty clips to replace the stock cotter pins......Maybe if you ask him nicely he send you some too...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Grey 06-06-2002 10:15 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: 02CivicEX
is there any modifications that have to be done to install the revo SS or is it a perfect swap?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][hr]
Yeah, sort of a perfect swap. With my little clips and washers it is a perfect swap. I still have some extra ones that I'de like to give out to you guys. All I ask for is $2.50 for the trouble. You'll get two clips, two washers, and a little grease to lube everything up with. To see what this looks like check out the link I posted earlier in this thread.

Juggaman 06-06-2002 12:39 PM

Grey!! Can you pm me with the info on how I could go about sending you $2.50 to get the goods? I'm getting annoyed with the clanging sound when I shift gears...plus its starting to squeak a bit. I would definitely appreciate it!

TEKNIQ 06-06-2002 12:46 PM

Yeah, Grey's clips and washers really top this off.....I also had to bend that big clip that attaches the cable to the
plastic base.....

Grey 06-06-2002 05:16 PM

[hr]I also had to bend that big clip that attaches near the bottom of the clip to the plastic.......[hr]
Could you re-phrase that. I'm having trouble understanding what you're talking about. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

LeroyBrown 06-06-2002 06:48 PM

i personally think short shifters are a waste of time- our car doesn't exactly have the longest gearbox.. it's clutch is brilliant too, i must say...