Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   PIAA fog lights @ Costco? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/34734-piaa-fog-lights-costco.html)

XoULaBeAT 05-01-2002 08:00 PM

PIAA fog lights @ Costco?

How much are they usually? Those oval ones.

I found them on Costco today and they were selling for 60 bucks. With installation kits and everything.
Is it worth it or is it expensive? I dunno. Someone tell me.

Mystic77 05-01-2002 08:14 PM

i think piaa fogs go for aroung 70 bucks at pepboys. it sounds like a good deal. i would try shopping around to be sure though.

Exbauer 05-01-2002 10:35 PM

Those PIAA fog lights at Costco are not worth the $60. They are only 35 watts and your headlights over power them. So, basically they are worthless. I would recommend the OEM like fog lights. They are from Procarparts.com and they are around $100. You cannot tell the difference from the OEM ones. They look exactly the same. They come with everything needed to install and there is no need to splice wires. Plus, they are 55 watts.

Intruder 05-01-2002 10:49 PM

They aren't PIAA's, they are generic ones at that price, the cheap PIAA's (solitaires) go for around $100, the rest start at around $160 and go up from there. Peace

SatinSilver2k1 05-01-2002 11:07 PM

mine were $160 and they are so damn bright..

XoULaBeAT 05-02-2002 12:12 AM

<< Those PIAA fog lights at Costco are not worth the $60. They are only 35 watts and your headlights over power them. So, basically they are worthless. I would recommend the OEM like fog lights. They are from Procarparts.com and they are around $100. You cannot tell the difference from the OEM ones. They look exactly the same. They come with everything needed to install and there is no need to splice wires. Plus, they are 55 watts. >>

Hmm, interesting. I did not know that at all.. So I should get it the OEMs? Is there anyway to change the bulbs on that? I mean it's yellow, I want blue or white or something kekeke

Thanx for this good info.
Almost raped 60 bucks there..

TEKNIQ 05-02-2002 01:43 AM

I have the PIAA's from Costco installed & they're Hella White.. They are not Generic ones ...My local Costco now sells them for $50, the same ones sold on another web site run $100. These are the deal of the Century...Pick them up while you can....None of these guys have actually seen them in action. I have, TRUST ME.....

Mbow 05-02-2002 03:09 AM

How about a model id or number for these $60 piaa lights. That is hella cheap. I wish I had time to go over to Costco.

Exbauer 05-02-2002 09:09 AM

I had them, they are just sitting in the garage because I got the OEM like ones. The PIAA ones are called Solitaire...oval in plastic casing and lens. They do nothing for output. Just get the OEM like ones. The bulb is yellowish, but companies will make bulbs for them later. They are bright and illuminate the road real well.