Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   Apexi V-AFC II (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/114526-apexi-v-afc-ii.html)

ImportRacer2123 09-14-2003 06:00 AM

Apexi V-AFC II

Did anyone buy the V-AFC II? if so is it better than the 1st one? Because for some reason i have my V-AFC hooked up just fine no problems no check engine lights nothing. Just curious if it is worth it to swap on over to V-AFC II.

streetglower 09-14-2003 08:36 AM

what does the V-AFC II do?

onebuddha1 09-14-2003 10:09 AM

i bought tha vafc2 and installed it last week... install was easy but took awhile becuz i want to check and recheck tha wires i was splicing/cutting... i dont know what tha first gen is like... but i have read alot about them..... i havent had ne problems but i also havent had a chance to dyno it.. i have messed with tha settings a little.... but not much..... i feel like im working blind without a dyno..... but for $320 i thought it was a deal so i bought it quick

onebuddha1 09-14-2003 10:11 AM

btw.... it
"The A'PEXi VAFC 2 is the sequel the the infamous VAFC, the digital fuel controller that allows optimal fuel enrichment and VTEC engagement control. Corrections can be made according to throttle position and includes parameters for both low and high camshaft lobes. This is what is required to change VTEC engagement points without damaging your engine. The new VAFC 2 works with VTEC and i-VTEC engines and has an illuminated dial that changes color with vtec engages. " - inlinefour.com

streetglower 09-14-2003 10:37 AM

damn I didnt really understand any of that, explain it to me differently and why it is a good product to buy.

HondaLuver 09-14-2003 12:05 PM

so... no check engine light?

onebuddha1 09-14-2003 12:56 PM

no check engine light... i drove it this morning purposly to drive in tha cold.... bout 50 degrees F... i did not cut out at 4,000 RPM... are there ne other things i should try out? let me know

tha vafc2 is a vtec controller/ air fuel converter.. you can change ur vtec engagement point to kick in when you want.. after you change ur point.. you can correct ur air/fuel curve to send tha right amount of air/fuel to maximize ur engines performance.. i say buy it.. i luv it... and i havent dynoed it yet....

civic01vtec 09-14-2003 02:11 PM

where did u buy it from ?

onebuddha1 09-14-2003 02:41 PM

www.inlinefour.com a shop in wesminster,ca

cwick187 09-14-2003 02:45 PM

Originally posted by onebuddha1
i bought tha vafc2 and installed it last week... install was easy but took awhile becuz i want to check and recheck tha wires i was splicing/cutting... i dont know what tha first gen is like... but i have read alot about them..... i havent had ne problems but i also havent had a chance to dyno it.. i have messed with tha settings a little.... but not much..... i feel like im working blind without a dyno..... but for $320 i thought it was a deal so i bought it quick
That's good to hear!!! I just ordeered my JDM VAFC II (Silver) from Ebay...I got a good deal for $285...I'm going to sell my Vafc I to my friend with a Integra GSR.

cwick187 09-14-2003 02:46 PM

I can't seem to find the wiring diagram for our cars anymore...Does anyone have it??? PM me you do