Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   squeal or squeak when turning left and accelerating (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/346936-squeal-squeak-when-turning-left-accelerating.html)

clewis82 02-11-2012 11:25 PM

squeal or squeak when turning left and accelerating

first off im new here so sorry if this has come up before but i have a 2001 lx just hit 100k miles and whenever i turn left and accelerate i hear a squeal or squeaking noise thats sounds like its coming from the left front tire area any ideas what it could be would be appreciated i understand this may be hard to diagnose online

got2run5 02-11-2012 11:43 PM

Re: squeal or squeak when turning left and accelerating

Power steering pump?

sl33pyriceboi 02-12-2012 01:23 AM

Could be a variety of things like your bearings on your struts

ezone 02-12-2012 12:28 PM

Brake pad wear indicator.

clewis82 02-12-2012 02:01 PM

thanks for all the answers i just changed the brakes not long ago so i doubt its that power steering fluid is full so i dont think its the pump its wierd because its only when i turn left never right the strut and everything was replaced on that side after a wreck like 6 months ago so im not sure

got2run5 02-12-2012 02:10 PM

Does it do it at really slow speeds? Maybe then you could just start turning in your driveway while having someone listen. You might be able to pinpoint weather it's a pump/belt issue in the engine or if it's suspension related.

clewis82 02-12-2012 02:14 PM

yea it does it pretty much regarless of speed thats good advice i think ill have a friend help me determine whats doing it thanks for your help

lowlife9 02-12-2012 04:16 PM

sounds like a loose belt to me tighten the belt.

04 Honda Civic 02-14-2012 11:59 PM

Bent brake heat sheild?

Did it start happening after your front brakes were replaced.

Balzdpr 02-17-2012 05:00 PM

Shit man you too? I got this problem as well.
It only happens when I turn the wheel. Not even at differant levels of rototation, only when I first make the turn the sound is consistant in pitch, and duration. You here this as well? I would like to know what that shit is too. I suspect that the power steering pump might have some issues but again its not all the time in fact so less frequent that when I took it to a guy to look at it it didnt even do it.:russian:

clewis82 02-19-2012 07:07 PM

i have had to add power steering fluid a couple times but only a little at a time so if its the pump its leaking very slow

Balzdpr 02-22-2012 01:11 PM

Yep. Well thats wierd cause I have fluid showing full and in fact I have always had fluid showing full. And no I have never changed it. Didnt know you could ...if you can. Just thought the stuff ..you know..goes away some how. ha ha ha But seriously if anyone has any input continue posting as im sure the exact answere will arise eventually.
:russian:

becke8 02-22-2012 02:51 PM

You said you were in an accident?
Any little bump or tweak to the power steering adjuster (or tensioner), which is basically what drives the power steering belt, can cause the belt to squeek.
I actually just booked my appt for my car to this get fixed aswell.
Good luck!