Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   Hondas come de-tuned? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/330768-hondas-come-de-tuned.html)

Mr.VTEC 08-03-2010 12:16 PM

Hondas come de-tuned?

I've heard that Hondas come de-tunned from the factory.......idk if this is true. If it is could I go to a performance shop and have them tune it?

Also....does anyone make programers for the 7th gen?

02civicsi02 08-03-2010 12:21 PM

Re: Hondas come de-tuned?

No. And there are alot of different ones but kpro is the best. And ya you can run kpro off your d17.

Edit: The stock ecus are tuned for the cars normal settings and daily driving and it cannot be changed. If you want to tune your car then go get a new management.

gearbox 08-03-2010 12:37 PM

they are a bit on the rich side yes. so you could lean it out for more power and better mpg. its tuned for the average person on the side of safety.

Mr.VTEC 08-03-2010 01:12 PM

Do either of you know where I could find this kpro?

Mr.VTEC 08-03-2010 01:39 PM

Ok so I went to HONDATA and they have the KRPO and CAm gear set up...but then I still need to get the donor ECU. I went on EBAY and found donor ECUs with the KPRO already linked to it. So then I would just need the cam gear and windows program right? Also the donor ECU with the KPRO linked to it will plug to in to my D17 right?

lazlong 08-03-2010 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.VTEC (Post 4481835)
I've heard that Hondas come de-tunned from the factory...

Most cars these days come de-tuned otherwise they wouldn't be able to meet fuel mileage standards , emissions standards, blah, blah, blah

02civicsi02 08-03-2010 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.VTEC (Post 4481850)
Ok so I went to HONDATA and they have the KRPO and CAm gear set up...but then I still need to get the donor ECU. I went on EBAY and found donor ECUs with the KPRO already linked to it. So then I would just need the cam gear and windows program right? Also the donor ECU with the KPRO linked to it will plug to in to my D17 right?

You never know with ebay they could cheat you or something. Though yes you have to either give them your ecu or find another and send it in to hondata and they do there little thing and send it back to you. Kpro is the best to have cause of the fact that it runs off your stock ecu it just has been upgraded big time. You can tune it and leave it unless you change the boost or cams or stuff like that. I know other ecus if the weather is different the next day you have to re tune it. And yes it will run with your motor.

Mr.VTEC 08-04-2010 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02 (Post 4481876)
You never know with ebay they could cheat you or something. Though yes you have to either give them your ecu or find another and send it in to hondata and they do there little thing and send it back to you. Kpro is the best to have cause of the fact that it runs off your stock ecu it just has been upgraded big time. You can tune it and leave it unless you change the boost or cams or stuff like that. I know other ecus if the weather is different the next day you have to re tune it. And yes it will run with your motor.

Can I send my D17 ECU to them....or does it have to be a K series ecu?

ronaldo9 08-04-2010 08:50 AM

Must be K Series.

02civicsi02 08-04-2010 12:15 PM

Must be a k ecu .