Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Honda Civic Forum Archive. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive)
-   -   ?????K20A2, 3 or R Swap Swap Swap Swap????????? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive/54616-k20a2-3-r-swap-swap-swap-swap.html)

DC 09-15-2002 06:23 PM

?????K20A2, 3 or R Swap Swap Swap Swap?????????

I have a non-vtec sohc, and I'm looking for more power. The K20 series engines grabbed my attention, but the only problem is that I want the most power I can get...sooo I decided on the K20A-R. I heard it was a direct bolt in, except for a subframe, but it may not pass emissions because of the shorter intake manifold.
Then I decided to go with the type-S swap, but I read something about the fuel line not being able to support forced induction. My next option would be the Si swap, which would still give me plenty of horses and something to work with. Well if anyone has any info on a K20A3-R DC5 engine swap, or any fuel line modifications on the Type-S please let me know, thanks!

RedDragon333 09-15-2002 06:30 PM

Talk to htown hell have the best info on the hybrid swap

StreetLevelPerformance 09-15-2002 06:53 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: DC
I have a non-vtec sohc, and I'm looking for more power. The K20 series engines grabbed my attention, but the only problem is that I want the most power I can get...sooo I decided on the K20A-R. I heard it was a direct bolt in, except for a subframe, but it may not pass emissions because of the shorter intake manifold.
Then I decided to go with the type-S swap, but I read something about the fuel line not being able to support forced induction. My next option would be the Si swap, which would still give me plenty of horses and something to work with. Well if anyone has any info on a K20A3-R DC5 engine swap, or any fuel line modifications on the Type-S please let me know, thanks![hr]
dont let the fuel system scare ya..you can convert it for turbo rather easily. I would do he type s swap. Look on ebay for the motor and trany. Hasport has mountds coming out that work with the rsx subframe. Be prepared to spend 7 to 10 grand tho.

CapYoda 09-15-2002 07:01 PM

Type S K20C? seems to be the best choice. as they say, read the threads on swap, or talk to htown (guy who did the swap)

I'd rather get rid of the civic and get a Type S. though.

it'll be nice if the 2.4 liter DOHC iVTEC found in the 02 CRV and 03 Accord would fit in our engine bay though...

talk about torque [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] but thats if it fits..which it probably wont... so er.. yeah.

ak 09-15-2002 07:20 PM

Link to thread below. :)

RE 09-16-2002 05:53 AM

Do you have hookups on a K20 Type R motor?? How much are you willing to pay for it.

orso 09-16-2002 09:22 AM

look on hondawerx.com they sell real honda engines with no miles on them. the type r engine is the k20a2.

Vizyun 09-16-2002 11:13 AM

That is slightly incorrect.

k20A3 = RSX (base) and Civic Si - 160HP

k20A2 = RSX-S (and CTR, I think) - 200HP

k20A = JDM Integra Type-R - 227? HP

None of these are bolt-ins, they're all just as difficult to swap in. I wouldn't waste money on the k20A3; go with the k20A2, or if you're REALLY bold (as I am), do the k20A. You get LSD and a host of other goodies in addition to the extra 20 or so HP.

TYPE7RS 09-16-2002 05:25 PM

if you hurry now, there a K20A for sale on ebay, but they want something like $5K for it, bids start at that:_doh:

K20A powerplant!