Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Honda Civic Forum Archive. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive)
-   -   How to fix windshield wipers? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive/221429-how-fix-windshield-wipers.html)

scrimp 07-29-2005 08:45 AM

Cool, coz im thinkin bout gettin these

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/...r_silicone.jsp

they're PIAA silicone wipers for a decent price...maybe ill fine a cheaper price somewhere else ill have to look around

gearbox 07-29-2005 02:52 PM

piaa silicone are crap. They might last a year, since they are not PURE silicon. I would get the ones that I posted a link for.

gearbox 07-29-2005 09:57 PM

i just got the SilBlades today. Very nice and the black even looks nice and sparkly. They say silblade in white on em but its not too noticable. I also cleaned the windshield with no touch glass stripper. Its so clean i can see the old scrates all over again. Well I'll report back when it rains. Should be tomorrow cause I just waxed tonight :)

speedricerx 07-29-2005 10:39 PM

cool, let us know how it turns out... my wipers annoy the sh!t out of me

gearbox 09-15-2005 06:17 PM

still not working. I tried silicone, and even those new innovision flat beam wipers like on luxury cars. They all skid and hop like crazy! My windshield is perfectly clean with a coating of rain shield to bead water and make the window slippery. The wipers were brand new and still do it. I'm really pissed. What can I do???

streetglower 09-15-2005 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
still not working. I tried silicone, and even those new innovision flat beam wipers like on luxury cars. They all skid and hop like crazy! My windshield is perfectly clean with a coating of rain shield to bead water and make the window slippery. The wipers were brand new and still do it. I'm really pissed. What can I do???

go to the dealer and see what they say. Dont have them keep it, but go ask an advisor what he thinks. I have never heard of anyone having this extreme of a problem, but I guess anything is possible.

gearbox 09-15-2005 06:54 PM

do you think everything is too clean? bc it seemed like before, there was more dirt and they didn't chatter as much. and ya its very very bad. I've tried countless brands and wasted lots of $ already. What can I do physically to make it wipe smooth? Sheesh a newer car and I can't even get decent wipers. That and my stupid belts keep squeaking whenever it rains. My car hates this place.

etdigitalis 09-15-2005 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
do you think everything is too clean?

yes.

unless you had some serious tree sap or asphalt tar going on, glass stripper is waaaay overkill. just let it ride for a couple weeks, get nice and dirty... meanwhile, being careful not to overuse your wipers... then let us know how its doing.

the blades are gonna chatter a little every now and then... that's normal. just take a couple deep breaths and relax :)

gearbox 09-15-2005 07:25 PM

cool thanks! no washing for a while then :)

eyegiant 09-15-2005 07:50 PM

This might help out with this problem......rinse down you windowshield with water and carwash fluid, scrub it with a steel wool pad.
make sure you have the water applied while scrubbing it.
then if you can run a coat of wax, once you finish that let it dry, then wipe it up clean.

shroomster 09-17-2005 02:46 PM

if alllllllll else fails I present to you the best wiper I along with all the customers I have put these on for have ever used....

Valeo Wipers

I don't know about a guarantee as I never fully read the box but I will get back to you on that....

EDIT: you can get them for like 15 bux a piece at walmart if your walmart carries them

gearbox 09-17-2005 03:06 PM

i tried that design already and still skipped like the regular ones.

ROKSOLID 09-17-2005 03:15 PM

I bought my wipers from autozone. They like get the water off and shit.
The next time you go in for like maintenance or some shit just have the people look at it