Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2002 Honda Civic Shift Indicator ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rfultz is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 Honda Civic Shift Indicator ??

My daughter has a 2002 Honda Civic EX sedan automatic. The light for the shifter (center console) was out. I replaced it and it lights up all the letters, but there is no indication of what P, N, R, D or D3 you are in....in the center console. There is indication on the instrument cluster.

My question, should there be indication of what gear your are in, in the center console? If so, do you know how to fix/advice?

Thanks
Rob
Old 11-19-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2002 Honda Civic Shift Indicator ??

Normal for that to light all, not individual.
Old 11-19-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,161 Likes on 972 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: 2002 Honda Civic Shift Indicator ??

Indicator is in the dash not on the console. Console is just a light